[1.1] RLA Stockalike 13.4 [25 Apr]

hoojiwana

14 hours ago, PocketBrotector said:

Here is a quick and dirty cfg to add the 1.2 features (antennas, KerbNet, hibernation) to RLA probes and to move the decoupler/separator to the new Coupling category.

Could you please put that in a .zip for download? It's been a long time since I've worked with .cfg files, so I'm quite lost. Thanks in advance!

On 10/19/2016 at 9:55 AM, ZentroCatson said:

Could you please put that in a .zip for download? It's been a long time since I've worked with .cfg files, so I'm quite lost. Thanks in advance!

Here you go - Dropbox download with readme.

Edit - Updated. I decided to give most of the probe cores OKTO2-equivalent KerbNet access based on their position in the tech tree.

Edited by PocketBrotector

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/09/2016 at 5:10 PM, CobaltWolf said:

@hoojiwana hasn't logged in since July 23rd... Not to declare this mod dead, but I suggest we don't hold our breaths.

EDIT: Though his license would allow for people to do an 'RLA Stockalike Continued'

This mod always takes a long time to update. A pity that.

On 10/19/2016 at 2:29 PM, PocketBrotector said:

Here you go - Dropbox download with readme.

Edit - Updated. I decided to give most of the probe cores OKTO2-equivalent KerbNet access based on their position in the tech tree.

Inspired by your efforts, and by the fact that I couldn't sleep, I decided to sit down and crank out a 1.2 update for RLA. I went through every item in the mod and compared it to stock counterparts. It's mainly adding in the new stuff, plus some tag adjustments, but I did some very light balancing as well. Honestly, the most extravagant thing I did was capitalize the "P" in MonoPropellant in all the things....it was a long night...:rolleyes:

A lot of parts didn't need to be touched at all, and I resisted the urge to make changes for the sake of changes ("Propellant" excepted).

Anyway, the configs are all done, I just have to test things and write up a changelog, then I'll post a github link and shoot @hoojiwana a message. Then I will take a nap.

Since KSP autoupdated to 1.2, I'm getting this message when loading my save.

___(vessel name)__ was not loaded because it had the following parts missing:

RLA.small.radext

RLA.med2small.quadadap

What would cause this? Using v13.4, and I also tried the update by @PocketBrotector above, which did not help this problem. Anyone know of a solution? @Deimos Rast, do you think your update would solve this?

7 hours ago, Tossy64 said:

Since KSP autoupdated to 1.2, I'm getting this message when loading my save.

What would cause this? Using v13.4, and I also tried the update by @PocketBrotector above, which did not help this problem. Anyone know of a solution? @Deimos Rast, do you think your update would solve this?

Well, the parts in question are the "TVR-40S Stack Quad-Adapter" (RLA_med2small_quadadap) and the "TVR-50R Radial Stack Extender" (RLA_small_radext). The thing is, nothing in my update will or PocketBrotector's does touch the internal part names of those items, which is typically what causes part load errors. I have them both still in my game, and everything about them is normal.

Only thing I can think of is that you somehow lost the original files for them. Easiest "solution" is try to redownload/reinstall the mod. Otherwise...

You could check in:

RLA_Stockalike > Parts > Structural > struct_med2small_adapters ....and look for a "quadadap.cfg"

RLA_Stockalike > Parts > Structural > struct_various ...and look for a "small_radialext.cfg"

If you have the files, then try uploading your log somewhere and I'll take a look. If you don't have the files, then a redownload should fix things.

Also, just a thought: did you move the mod around at all? Is it still "RLA_Stockalike"? Both those parts use model nodes, which requires specific file pathing for them to work properly.

-----------------

General update: I tested my update, and largely things went well, then I passed out. The problems are/were generally confined to the RCS thrusters, which were converted to the new ModuleRCSFX; they all work, just a matter of the effects lining up properly. The other two issues that I can remember were the arcjet (or maybe the resistojet?) and the ion engine didn't have any sound, or at least it's very soft (I play low volume). I'll poke at the RCS a bit more, then regardless of results, probably release what I have sometime today.

Good things for you, boys and girls!

I managed to fix the RCS thrusters. The Resitojet and Sunrise Ion engine still lack on/off sounds, and are very quiet, but that should be an easy fix. Something for the next round, yeah?

Anyway, you can find the GitHub repo here (direct download link below). Currently, it's just the patches, so you need the main download from the OP, then add my folder to your GameData. If people find that too confusing (or too much work), I can rebundle my patches with RLA_Stockalike, so it's all-in-one. I'd just rather not redistribute RLA_Stockalike entirely without talking to hoojiwana first.

All credit for RLA_Stockalike belongs to @hoojiwana; credit for RLA_Continued (in patch form) belongs to @Deimos Rast. All bugs also belong to Deimos Rast.

And now to write hoojiwana a PM. PM sent.

I tested everything multiple times, but let me know if you have any issues.

Cheers.

License here (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License) - same as RLA_Stockalike, in anticipation of bundling.

Changelog here

Direct Download here for v0.1

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that I borrowed an idea (giving the IKOTET probe rover equivalent Kerbnet access) from @PocketBrotector. I also apparently forgot to include any credits whatsoever.:huh:

Edited by Deimos Rast

9 minutes ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

Thanks very much for doing this, you got it done much sooner than I could have. 

You were working on it? :confused:

Sorry! I don't always read the thread entirely when I do these things. I cranked this patch out in one long session and threw it out there blind. Wasn't trying to steal thunder or anything.

Have you had any contact with the author at all by the way? I'm playing with the idea of making an "RLA_Continued" thread, but ideally I'd like to have heard from the author first, but you know how that can be some times.:)

EDIT: Ah, yeah, back a page, I see you discussing things. Pages...how do they work?:D

Edited by Deimos Rast

On 5/11/2016 at 5:32 PM, komodo said:

Right! So, so sorry for the delay! My work lately has been... work intensive. But, a bit of a break for a while!

I took a look at the log you uploaded (thank you for that), and it's unfortunately not my bug: RLA Stockalike has tripped me on this a couple times, where a typo was made.

[ModuleManager] Applying node /zROMini/@PART[*]:HAS[@DRAG_CUBE]:FOR[zROMini] to RLA_Stockalike/Parts/Structural/struct_various/small_decoupler_stack/RLA_small_decoupler_stack
[ModuleManager] Error - Failed to do a maths replacement: @DRAG_CUBE : original value="0.1185349 0.06135106" operator=* mod value="1.6"

Was our error, and the offending line in the source is thus:

DRAG_CUBE
	{
		cube = Default, 0.06135106,0.7812009,0.4141177, 0.06135106,0.7812009,0.4108824, 0.3032565,0.9618634,0.1185349, 0.3032565,0.9619145,0.1185349 0.06135106,0.7811964,0.4108824, 0.06135106,0.7811964,0.4141177, 0,0,0, 0.625,0.09999999,0.6250001
	}

Note carefully at position 12 from the end, a comma is missing. MM is trying to multiply a non-integer and obviously failing. Quick fix is to stick the comma in there to fix that index. I however don't know why it threw two errors, as I can only find that one.

I'm going to be updating my assorted plethora of addons tonight and hopefully getting back to some healthy tweaking soon!

On 10/14/2016 at 6:03 PM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Also, the RLA_small_decoupler_stack is missing a comma in its DragCube (I don't have a note on hand of where the missing comma is, it's on a post in this thread somewhere).

Alright, I'm looking at this now. Except I'm not seeing a logical spot to put the comma (12 from the end is somewhere between the 9's?). I'm skirting around the issue temporarily by deleting the drag cube and seeing what the game generates for the part, to see what it looks like (because comparing it to other decouplers was less than useful).

EDIT: "0.1185349 0.06135106" I believe is the spot.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for fixes or feedback in general? This was the only thing in the issue tracker.

I don't know about the contents of the drag cube (but it's nice to see a ticket that got answered and not left on the vine forever), but for drag cubes, all of the values are going to be comma separated, at least that was how they used to be. I don't think anything has changed in that system going to 1.2.

I should have said "12 commas in", or something, my bad. A non-integer being, "0.1185349 0.06135106", which is not an integer, or even a float, but a string. MM doesn't do algebra, yet at least. (One can dream!)

Looking forward to your release!

23 minutes ago, komodo said:

I don't know about the contents of the drag cube (but it's nice to see a ticket that got answered and not left on the vine forever), but for drag cubes, all of the values are going to be comma separated, at least that was how they used to be. I don't think anything has changed in that system going to 1.2.

I should have said "12 commas in", or something, my bad. A non-integer being, "0.1185349 0.06135106", which is not an integer, or even a float, but a string. MM doesn't do algebra, yet at least. (One can dream!)

Looking forward to your release!

This was my fix, let me know if it meets your approval, as it seems to have killed the error (at least all 20 references to RLA_decoupler_stack were benign in my log). Didn't help that exactly where the comma needed to go was where it was word wrapping in my editor. Took forever to find.:mad:

@DRAG_CUBE
	{
		@cube = Default, 0.06135106,0.7812009,0.4141177, 0.06135106,0.7812009,0.4108824, 0.3032565,0.9618634,0.1185349, 0.3032565,0.9619145,0.1185349, 0.06135106,0.7811964,0.4108824, 0.06135106,0.7811964,0.4141177, 0,0,0, 0.625,0.09999999,0.6250001
	}

Download v0.1.1 here

Repo here

Changes are the above change to drag cube on decoupler_stack and some folder rearrangements. As always (especially because of rearrangements), please delete old version completely - don't just merge.

Awesome work! (assuming it works, lol, haven't tried it just yet. See below.) I would *love* to see RLA_Continued bundled with the original, and in CKAN. :) Would make it so much easier to install.

In the meantime... I'm not 100% sure what to do to install this. Overwrite the files from the original with these? And what about the Extras folder?

5 hours ago, lewisd said:

Awesome work! (assuming it works, lol, haven't tried it just yet. See below.) I would *love* to see RLA_Continued bundled with the original, and in CKAN. :) Would make it so much easier to install.

In the meantime... I'm not 100% sure what to do to install this. Overwrite the files from the original with these? And what about the Extras folder?

I need to repackage it to make it easier to install (as it is missing a folder layer or two). Just extract the contents of the download into your GameData and you should be fine. These are just module manager patches, they don't replace anything. The extras folder can be deleted if you don't use the mod Filter Extensions. You will of course need module manager for this to work.

Regarding CKAN, I've never used it, but I understand it's appeal. I'm not entirely sure what all I would have to do from a technical perspective. I would, of course, need to repackage things, which I've been intending, but I was kind of hoping to hear by from the author before I pulled the trigger.

19 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

I need to repackage it to make it easier to install (as it is missing a folder layer or two). Just extract the contents of the download into your GameData and you should be fine. These are just module manager patches, they don't replace anything. The extras folder can be deleted if you don't use the mod Filter Extensions. You will of course need module manager for this to work.

Regarding CKAN, I've never used it, but I understand it's appeal. I'm not entirely sure what all I would have to do from a technical perspective. I would, of course, need to repackage things, which I've been intending, but I was kind of hoping to hear by from the author before I pulled the trigger.

I did manage to get it work. Really happy to have RLA back, thanks for your hard work.

CKAN, for all it's warts, is pretty handy. I don't know what's involved for packaging though. I can understand wanting to hear from the original author, but how long is polite to wait? shrug Up to you, of course. :)

4 hours ago, lewisd said:

I did manage to get it work. Really happy to have RLA back, thanks for your hard work.

CKAN, for all it's warts, is pretty handy. I don't know what's involved for packaging though. I can understand wanting to hear from the original author, but how long is polite to wait? shrug Up to you, of course. :)

I've consulted the best minds in the industry and made the decision to do as you suggested and release a full version of RLA_Continued (i.e. patches + original). However, I'll be folding my patches in directly into the part configs, to cut down on hassle on my end and loading times on your side. It'll also remove Module Manager as a dependency.

With that will also come a new thread, CKAN, spacedock, etc etc. The usual gig.

The license is CC-BY-SA 4.0 which allows for all of this. I still haven't heard back from @hoojiwana, which would have been nice (if you're out there buddy, now would be the perfect time to chime in).

He is known for taking long-ish absences, so I'm fairly confident we'll be seeing him again. When he does return, it'll be easier this way to pass along a finalized product for him to run with should he choose to. It goes with out saying that when he resurfaces, I will gladly step aside, as I am very conscious of this being his mod, not mine.

However, these changes basically mean doing the mod a second time over, so it might take a couple of days.  it's done.

If anyone has any objections, now would be the time to voice them.

Edited by Deimos Rast

On 10/30/2016 at 7:54 PM, Deimos Rast said:

I forgot to mention that I borrowed an idea (giving the IKOTET probe rover equivalent Kerbnet access) from @PocketBrotector

I suppose now would be a good time to mention that I gave RoveMate-equivalent KerbNet access to the TET and TET-G cores, which are the pizza-box-shaped ones, on the premise that those are probably meant to be rover bodies. The IKOTET cores are the heat-resistant circular ones ("24-sided" in the configs), which are presumably meant for... aerobraking? low solar orbit? high noon on Eve and Moho?

Not a problem per se, but just wanted to check if this was intentional.

47 minutes ago, PocketBrotector said:

I suppose now would be a good time to mention that I gave RoveMate-equivalent KerbNet access to the TET and TET-G cores, which are the pizza-box-shaped ones, on the premise that those are probably meant to be rover bodies. The IKOTET cores are the heat-resistant circular ones ("24-sided" in the configs), which are presumably meant for... aerobraking? low solar orbit? high noon on Eve and Moho?

Not a problem per se, but just wanted to check if this was intentional.

haha, I glanced at your patch and I saw TET something something, so...yeah....I dun goofed. :blush:

Reading, my old nemesis, strikes again.

Good catch.

Fixed. I should be rolling out the combined version tomorrow or so, with a few minor other changes.

Got anything else?:)

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2016 at 3:53 PM, Deimos Rast said:

You were working on it? :confused:

Sorry! I don't always read the thread entirely when I do these things. I cranked this patch out in one long session and threw it out there blind. Wasn't trying to steal thunder or anything.

Have you had any contact with the author at all by the way? I'm playing with the idea of making an "RLA_Continued" thread, but ideally I'd like to have heard from the author first, but you know how that can be some times.:)

EDIT: Ah, yeah, back a page, I see you discussing things. Pages...how do they work?:D

I'm sorry for not responding earlier, but don't apologize!  I don't think there's anyone in the modding community that is here for attention, and it's a good thing you took the job on- my hard drive died in early november and with finals happening not long after I got it back it would have been ages before I even had a chance to finish the same patch. In fact, this is the first time I've been back to the forums since!

I did PM Hoojiwana when RLA continuation was first under discussion and still have yet to receive any reply, so I think you did the right thing by moving ahead. I'll see you in the continuation thread.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.