Umbra Space Industries - (Roadmap and WIPs)

RoverDude

GrabbyStuff - no dev thread till I get more of it done :) Right now I just have stuff follow me around mournfully

...seriously? Wow, your cat herding skills are on a whole other level.

Count on full US integration when you get it off the ground - we have a ton of niggles with KAS that are likely not going to be resolved soon at the current rate of development.

Nice, does it have a small amount of KAS storage too? Life support? I haven't looked at universal storage in a while, the parts are a bit too high poly for me.

It will include TAC lifesupport supplies when the pack is released in the next few days. Considering how sparse the KAS pack is at the moment, I might either flesh it out to have another backpack (DangIt spare parts + KAS storage + potential surface sample storage) or roll all the features into a single jack-of-all-trades one. Two backpacks would probably be more ideal; use the EVA-X for long biome treks, and the parts backpack to scoot around in-orbit craft and preform repairs\tiny refit jobs. Dunno. I'll stop hijacking Roverdude's thread :)

Edited by Daishi

It will include TAC lifesupport supplies when the pack is released in the next few days. Considering how sparse the KAS pack is at the moment, I might either flesh it out to have another backpack (DangIt spare parts + KAS storage + potential surface sample storage) or roll all the features into a single jack-of-all-trades one. Two backpacks would probably be more ideal; use the EVA-X for long biome treks, and the parts backpack to scoot around in-orbit craft and preform repairs\tiny refit jobs. Dunno. I'll stop hijacking Roverdude's thread :)
I like the idea of a science storage backpack. It could have a few experiments built in (Temp, barometer, etc) and store science data so you can repeat the experiments in various biomes.

@RoverDude: Sorry for hijacking your thread - again! I owe you a beer :wink:

Or some extra life support stuff. Extended EVA packs!

They are not perfect but a while back I utilized some models & textures from AlbertVDS and blackheart to create a simple EVA pack for TAC-LS (with a bit of EVA Fuel, limitations apply) for myself.

You can find them here (in Albert's thread), updated for TAC-LS 0.10 and they work in 0.24 (for me at least).

• 4 weeks later...

I miss OKS endcaps. They are cool-looking but I'm never willing to triple my part count for what is almost always only a cosmetic item. But they're so cool that I am sad each time I choose to leave them off.

Would it be possible to add a VAB switch (like the one that changes resource type on the radial tanks) to switch an OKS module to 'capped' so we could have the awesome look without tripling our part count? That'd be rockin'.

I miss OKS endcaps. They are cool-looking but I'm never willing to triple my part count for what is almost always only a cosmetic item. But they're so cool that I am sad each time I choose to leave them off.

Would it be possible to add a VAB switch (like the one that changes resource type on the radial tanks) to switch an OKS module to 'capped' so we could have the awesome look without tripling our part count? That'd be rockin'.

The rub is that it would change the nodes and colliders :/ so really can't do that unfortunately

The rub is that it would change the nodes and colliders :/ so really can't do that unfortunately

Could you use a welder addon to create your own custom parts? Wait, I know the answer. Yes, you can, but I don't know if they handle the modules and such for custom parts...

Hi all and especially Roverdude!

Just came by to thank you for your mods, they're absolutly freaking awesome!

I don't know if it has been asked before (I've been reading the various threads but simply lost track due to their size), but do you have any plans on adding support for other (simpler) life support mods besides TAC (e.g. this one Interstellar Flight Life Support ) for MKS/OKS? Sorry if this has been asked before, just curious.

Thanks again and Regards

Could you use a welder addon to create your own custom parts? Wait, I know the answer. Yes, you can, but I don't know if they handle the modules and such for custom parts...

Sure, but then I just added a ton of new parts since I would have configs both with and without the end caps. I do this in a few spots where it makes sense to weld (like the triple cargo bay in FTT, or some of the AES bits) - and users are free to do this in their own saves (or even redistribute them - go crazy) but now that we have a 2.6m OKS hub as well, no point in having alternate meshes for all of the OKS modules

Hi all and especially Roverdude!

Just came by to thank you for your mods, they're absolutly freaking awesome!

I don't know if it has been asked before (I've been reading the various threads but simply lost track due to their size), but do you have any plans on adding support for other (simpler) life support mods besides TAC (e.g. this one Interstellar Flight Life Support ) for MKS/OKS? Sorry if this has been asked before, just curious.

Thanks again and Regards

No reason why not, though that's something I usually let the community do first. I suppose you could hack the EZSnack oven (Snacks! support) since it's just a single resource.

Thanks for the quick reply! I have taken a look at the cfg for the oven, so I just switch out the Snacks for the LS-Ressource from IFLS and an MKS/OKS-base would still work and be self supporting except some tweaking of numbers?

yup, if you have the configs balanced

Sure, but then I just added a ton of new parts since I would have configs both with and without the end caps. I do this in a few spots where it makes sense to weld (like the triple cargo bay in FTT, or some of the AES bits) - and users are free to do this in their own saves (or even redistribute them - go crazy) but now that we have a 2.6m OKS hub as well, no point in having alternate meshes for all of the OKS modules

Actually, I was directing my comment to the other poster. I know you could weld them together. I was offering him a solution to reduce his part count.

Hi all!

First of all thank you for the Umbra mods! I love it!! :)

I was thinking: why not to add a "Control panel" in order to monitor the resources, processes and so on for the Bases and Stations?

I mean: it's usually difficult to see (right-clicking over the modules) all the features, the problems, the processes a single module is doing.

What about to put all these things inside an external control panel? Maybe with a graphic interface showing resources quantities, converters...

Please let me know what do you think about it.

All the best

Hi all!

First of all thank you for the Umbra mods! I love it!! :)

I was thinking: why not to add a "Control panel" in order to monitor the resources, processes and so on for the Bases and Stations?

I mean: it's usually difficult to see (right-clicking over the modules) all the features, the problems, the processes a single module is doing.

What about to put all these things inside an external control panel? Maybe with a graphic interface showing resources quantities, converters...

Please let me know what do you think about it.

All the best

Already in place :) There's a toolbar icon for the station manager

• 2 weeks later...

Why not make the OKS module end caps into configurable tanks for life-support, parts, ect. Make them basically an attic for storage of random stuff. Like the Asteroid fuel hatches have it that you can switch through textures to choose what the part will store

So instead of being a useless cosmetic item they become a very useful small storage unit to replace the ugly TAC life support tanks, blend in better with the aesthetic of OKS.

Why not make the OKS module end caps into configurable tanks for life-support, parts, ect. Make them basically an attic for storage of random stuff. Like the Asteroid fuel hatches have it that you can switch through textures to choose what the part will store

So instead of being a useless cosmetic item they become a very useful small storage unit to replace the ugly TAC life support tanks, blend in better with the aesthetic of OKS.

Makes perfect sense, I'd just want to change the model up a bit to reflect that it has boxes and bins of 'stuff'.

Hello

I have an issue with some AES stuff on 0.25. The AES structural beam does not appear as it does in 0.24.2 in the structural part. I cannot see it in the science field in the research building and it won't appear in sandbox mode.

I don't see the AES mini SAS in the control part. And the AES structural outrigger has got a wrong shape, just hexagonal one, you cannot see the small cube...

I downloaded all the update stuff from the github UmbraSpaceIndustries, no files or folders are missing. All my 18 adds on are checked for 0.25

I got the same adds on updated for 0.24.2 and everything is OK, but some parts are missing in 0.25 with updated adds on.

Any idea what is happening?

Hey Roverdude, regarding the very very useful logistics module, would it be possible to get a version of it for crew transfers?

Currently I can use the logistics modules for a very extensive mining system linking my surface mines with orbiting factories

FECB868DB9D6985EC1109C1CD2B09BBC3EC0E90C

7E5C9A60B2B7654EFBF1353BE67EC7E5E797F3BB

I am building a very large OKS station and have to ship across all my kerbals manually

This sucker is going to have like a hundred residents and it is only one section of the planned colony.

83A4EC500985FB02E7EFBDD5EF6B45FA5E3D5780

It would be great if you made the Logistics module be able to texture swap between a cargo port and a passenger port. The cargo port looks the same as it does now, all utilitarian and industrial; the new texture mode however swaps it too being a passenger port with a few nice viewports, an IVA like an airport terminal waiting lounge, and the little transport modules turned into passenger shuttles

Perhaps little shuttles like this:

image164.jpg

When in the passenger port texture the logistics module can only transfer Kerbals. Have the transfer cost fuel and some life support supplies

What do you think?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.