Naval Battle Club

astecarmyman

"Fite me m8."

"Anyone else got working ships yet?"

Am I invisible?

I'll give you a battle. I think this will be the 3rd time. I'll have to update some of my ships to 1.0 but it shouldn't take long. You have low part count ships so I can actually battle you. :)

If Daemon (or Spartwo, or Frozen) wants to battle, I'm up for it. I've got my SX-13 (frigate, 2 1.25 meter rounds and 2 i-beams), SX-1.0 (4 1.25 meters, 4 i-beam mounts), and my SX-00 (weaker but medium-sized, with two 1.25 meter tubes).

My old SX-3 design's gotten so complicated in terms of overall part count that I'm only keeping it as a reminder of days of old. (After all, just under 800 parts with only medium range and armor not really meant for a ship of that type...)

If Daemon (or Spartwo, or Frozen) wants to battle, I'm up for it. I've got my SX-13 (frigate, 2 1.25 meter rounds and 2 i-beams), SX-1.0 (4 1.25 meters, 4 i-beam mounts), and my SX-00 (weaker but medium-sized, with two 1.25 meter tubes).

My old SX-3 design's gotten so complicated in terms of overall part count that I'm only keeping it as a reminder of days of old. (After all, just under 800 parts with only medium range and armor not really meant for a ship of that type...)

I'll battle if you set up. Should give me time to throw some weaponry onto ships.

What is your ships part count as my PC struggles above 350 in one place.

I'll battle if you set up. Should give me time to throw some weaponry onto ships.

What is your ships part count as my PC struggles above 350 in one place.

I'll have to double-check, but my SX-13s (which I'll likely use due to their relative small size compared to my other two ships) used to be 390-ish (with full ammo load, though I could alter that).

However, I can bring it down by removing my guided missile, or by cutting down on something else that's expendable.

I also might make a simple micro-frigate (like a tiny, ion-powered, i-beam launcher drone shaped like a chibi-frigate) drone, since that might allow me to avoid large part counts with more vessels.

(Plus, the HEAT-round technique with i-beams gives a normal i-beam round the punching power of an SRB. :D)

EDIT: One thing I might do is make a stripped-down version of the SX-13 without an ion drive, since that's part of the part count for it.

not exactly a proper ship but it sure as hell looks amazing, maybee this will end up used in macey's future vids:

And yes, any ship i make that has any room for kerbals ends up having crazy interior details.

Wow--that does indeed look amazing. How much time did you spend on the internals?!

87 ton missile wow.

What was it composed of btw?

One quarter-size Kerbodyne fuel tank, four Mammoth Engines, four large SAS modules, a 2.5-meter probe core, eight RTGs, and eight clipped XL Modular Girder Segments inserted into the fuel tank, overlapping where they intersected. Not a "real" missile build, but that girder arrangement is quite effective for penetration regardless. Also, the 19-g acceleration was fun. :P

I have a 7 ton weapon that is GUARANTEED to do massive damage to anything ive yet to fire it against, so once you are done id love to grab the craft and do some testing on it (just upload the armor segment, i can barely handle above 1000 parts as is).

I will do that as soon as I have finished--I will include a section of the main hull armor connecting to the spine, I think.

Wow--that does indeed look amazing. How much time did you spend on the internals?!

The Korolev's internals too me maybee 15 minutes, the bloody hull was the painful part that took over an hour (as alot of it required optimizing to make internals work, things like holes in places to allow the kerbals to go from a to b, ect. I also had to spend some time testing/fixing stuff. All in all (if you count the time i spent killing ants that were crawling all over the computer room) it took me maybee 2-2.5hrs max. This wasnt a "armored" vessel so i didnt have to spend any time making it super resilient and testing weapons on it.

Ohh and glad you like it, i hope it gets implemented in one of macey's episodes in his new series. Its perfect for the command ship role, since the IVA is actually interactive and not some prebuilt thing like a cockpit.

Status Report:

Alas, construction times are lengthening--the editor glitches out every few minutes now as part count continues to rise, and any attempt to ctrl-Z results in an immediate and unpreventable crash, which is unfortunate. Perhaps I shall be able to finish tomorrow...

BATTLE ALERT!

ScriptKitt3h VS Frozen_Heart

Rules are the standard first-page (classic NBC/GNBC) ruleset, with these stipulations:

Ships: 4 (2 fighters/drones/micro-frigates, 2 small/medium ships [preferably frigates/corvettes])

Max Tonnage: 75 for capitals (I don't mind negotiating if you have a ship heavier), 20 for fighters (fighter+full munitions load).

No Kraken-tech weapons, drives, or other physics-breaking gadgets.

Guided weapons may be fired outside of the 2.5/3 km range provided that the player doing so is significantly bad enough game performance issues to warrant doing so.

Duna-landing capable craft (with 100% heating on) are allowed to attempt a Duna surface landing as an evasion tactic, if you've got the guts. :)

"MU Task Force Valkyrie has arrived in Duna orbit, hunting a mysterious fleet of warships..."

TF Valkyrie includes:

1. Two all-new MU DX-1 Raven drones, callsigns Guardian 1 and Guardian 2.

KfpU1E1.png

8x7MML1.png

2. The MU SX-13 Dr. StrangeKerb III.

k6LeX1e.png

3. The MU SX-13S (cut-down, slightly lower partcount version of the SX-13) Thunder Sky.

845lUxo.png

Persist File Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxo1rb7io9s6ofd/DunaSkirmish.sfs?dl=0

When you say "no kraken based" what do you refer to? All weaponry takes advantage of the physics engine. There's no clear distinction between kraken-based and not.

He probably means direct exploitation, like firing a Kraken-drive-powered missile into a ship to attempt to deorbit it...

- - - Updated - - -

Also, improvements to engine configuration:

CogLQNV.png

"How to Temperature"

I can run the nuclear engines at 83% power indefinitely.

When you say "no kraken based" what do you refer to? All weaponry takes advantage of the physics engine. There's no clear distinction between kraken-based and not.

Similar to what Three said, in that a weapon that either makes use of the Gyro-Kraken bug or a similar method of using the physics engine's bugs to rip a ship to shreds (way back when, someone posted some weapons (or pics of tests at least) that caused NaN-type effects, as well as another one where the shrapnel somehow caused a gyro-type effect to obliterate a vessel). So basically, nothing that would be dependent on a major bug.

Although not a weapon, a K-Drive is a wonderful example of the type of device I'm talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

He probably means direct exploitation, like firing a Kraken-drive-powered missile into a ship to attempt to deorbit it...

- - - Updated - - -

Also, improvements to engine configuration:

http://i.imgur.com/CogLQNV.png

"How to Temperature"

I can run the nuclear engines at 83% power indefinitely.

Part count? :huh:

jyQjhQf.png

I am death, destroyer of worlds'

I broke 1.0 guys

I thought the head bug in 0.90 was bad. I was wrong.

Even worse was the gyro bug. After spinning for an indefinite time, ksp splits into two instances, each phasing in and out . The horror. I have entered the realm of the abyss. I can never go back. I can never unsee. I cannot, and I will not forget my purpose. This is the end once and for all.

I AM THE KRAKEN. FEAR ME MERE MORTAL. YOUR PUNY "PHYSICS" ARE NO MATCH FOR MY POWERS. I HAVE BROKEN THE UNIVERSE!

Danny2462 must be informed of these developments immediately. He would take your problem and make it vastly worse!

I suggest you contact him. Better yet, give him your persist. :sticktongue:

Danny2462 must be informed of these developments immediately. He would take your problem and make it vastly worse!

I suggest you contact him. Better yet, give him your persist. :sticktongue:

We need to do a collab at some point. With our powers combined we could transcend the dimensions of the game and make the REAL

MAUHAUHAUHAUAHUAHUAHAHAHAH!!!!

Ship armor finally complete, at 454.6 tons and 1502 parts. Below is my engine armor:

msmBRJb.png

Sadly, my delta-v has suffered massively (it turns out that 300 tons of metal plate kind of limits one's range)--I will have only 1600 m/s after the ship is fully armed. Final estimates for mass and part count: ~505 tons and ~1800 parts.

Ship armor finally complete, at 454.6 tons and 1502 parts. Below is my engine armor:

Mental note: Don't play Three1415. Anything aboce 350 parts slows me into the realm of frames per second. Above 700 part my PC will crash.

Also Scriptkitt3h: who is going first?

Edited by Frozen_Heart

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.