[1.2.2] 10x Kerbol system development for Kopernicus: Version 6.3.0.1 - Update: April 14 2017

jsimmons

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the delay of the release. Currently I'm finding that the latest KSP 1.1.2 version is not very stable on linux platforms. I'm seeing lots of

RenderTexture.Create failed: requested size is too large.

[ERR 12:58:18.966] HighlightingSystem : UpdateHighlightingBuffer() : Failed to create highlightingBuffer RenderTexture!

Also for the case of the 1 in 20 start up attempts that KSP does starting running no fonts show up. I have tried the various

work arounds but those haven't worked for me. So sorry I haven't been able to get this out. I hope this issues will be resolved soon. 

2 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Turn PPFX off?

Will that help with the missing font issue? As for the other problem I found work arounds in the linux compatibility thread. It appears Unity 5.2 doesn't know how to query the screen resolutions so it get confused and sets the resolutions to things like 1920x0. So you have to go into the Pref file and manually set it. Still have the missing fonts but I managed to test this mode with out them. I found the missing font issues to be a common problem. Sigh.

Hello folks.

Release 6.1.0 has been released. If you plan to use the visual enhancements you will need to use Scatter 0.0245 since earlier version has the ocean rebuild problems. Also EVE 1.1 is needed as well if you want clouds. As for features its  at the same level as the previous release. Just with newer versions of everything. Enjoy.

Time to report on a update of what I'm working on. The next update will need the latest version of Eve. I addd some tweaks posted in the Eve form to make the clouds look a lot more real. Also looking at changing Kerbin surface textures to match closer to what RVE uses. This can be done with Kopernicus but I discovered using this exposes a bug in the Scatter mod. I also will added small improvements to the rim handling for Kerbin as well.

On May 9, 2016 at 6:18 PM, NathanKell said:

Ah, no, I saw the render texture and the highlighter stuff. Doubt it'll help fonts, sorry.

Yeah I have had no luck fixing that problem ;.;

Nathan I have one question that you most likely know the answer. Is their a way to know the terrain altitude above sea level based on the coordinates on a planet? I see normally mods use the ActiveVessel altitude to determine distance above the terrain. In this case I like to be able to determine this based on a global position instead. Is this possible? 

• 3 weeks later...
On May 17, 2016 at 8:00 PM, NathanKell said:

Yeah, you can ask the pqscontroller what the terrain altitude is at a given location. Forget the exact syntax tho.

Found it. This is a idea for EVE at this time.

Vector3d rad = new Vector3d (Math.Cos (lat) * Math.Cos (lon) , Math.Sin (lat) , Math.Cos (lat) * Math.Sin (lon));
        double elevation = b.pqsController.GetSurfaceHeight (rad) - b.pqsController.radius;

• 2 weeks later...

New 6.2.0 release. Didn't wait for the next EVE release so if you want pretty clouds you need the latest EVE which is the pre-release 1.1-3 for this to work. This is the eye candy update. Better clouds and we are back to using the RVE terrain textures for Kerbin so it looks so much better.

• 1 month later...

The terrain textures near the ksc looks quite stretched, and I am also getting lime green ground colors. I tweaked with planetshine a bit and the color did fade away a bit(ambient light settings) but it's still relatively lime green. Other than that, this is a really fun mod. Cheers!

I actually don't know how to upload screenshots to the forums :( I do have some screenshots of it, though.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry I have been busy with work and 1.1.3 didn't work well on my Linux system. Almost finished updated this mod to KSP 1.2.

Still missing KSCSwitcher as well but will not delay the upcoming release.

Edited by jsimmons

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2016 at 11:16 AM, Simon91 said:

Hey great work on this mod, however I realized Duna's atmosphere goes all the way until 180-ish kilometres which seems a bit weird.

Is that intentional?

It's not at all weird. Mars has an atmosphere that extends out about that far (I think it's actually more like 150 though)

On 10/11/2016 at 2:38 AM, Starwaster said:

It's not at all weird. Mars has an atmosphere that extends out about that far (I think it's actually more like 150 though)

EDIT: Sadly I'm pretty sure it's off, the atmosphere starts at 200kms and is literally as violent as the stock Eve.

I wouldn't expect a pretty shallow entry, at 4km/s to literally eat up my ablator in a minute or so.

Edited by Simon91

On 11/9/2016 at 2:35 PM, Simon91 said:

EDIT: Sadly I'm pretty sure it's off, the atmosphere starts at 200kms and is literally as violent as the stock Eve.

I wouldn't expect a pretty shallow entry, at 4km/s to literally eat up my ablator in a minute or so.

Probably a heat shield issue. The stock shields are configured for smaller planets with slower orbital (and therefore reentry) velocities.

RO or DRE would recalibrate the shields for real sized solar system but neither one is updated for KSP 1.2 yet...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.