0.25 Discussion thread

EnderSpace

There could be tweaks in contracts, multiple biomes on Duna, Eve, Laythe, and the other planets and their moons. Maybe an additional planet or two, and comets. But, how about if we all wait and be pleasantly surprised with what Squad releases. After all, these threads tend to get too speculative with misinformation, then end up locked.

So we get an admin building if this was earth this would involve bureaucracy, accountancy, grant proposals, health and safety assessments, committee meetings, lots of paperclips, feasibility studies. From 0.25 no rocket would be allowed to take off until the admin building has generated ten times the rockets weight in paperwork......

Oh wait this is Kerbin so I guess it will just be the place for ordering moar and moar boosters :D

I'm actually hopeful that the administrative building will have something to do with managing KSC itself, dealing with things like what buildings to construct, maintenance, perhaps even constructing new launch sites. Currency conversion will likely happen there and we might even have to deal with salaries and upkeep.

Of course, this is SQUAD, who have historically chosen the path of least resistance in favor of "accessibility" and "gameplay", so what will probably happen is the building will be used for exchanging currencies at the most.

I believe that Squad have said they plan on a "tycoon" direction for the game, but I really don't think it should go too far in terms of the management aspects. The spacecraft design and piloting is challenging enough - it's quite literally rocket science - and should be where the game's difficulty curve comes from, not from being a complicated management sim.

Just got view of the Administrative Facility. If I were to guess it just keeps track of various things you've done in KSP such as launches, contracts, science ETC. I mean, the player is basically the administrator and, if I'm thinking about this correctly, you'd need sliders to put all that info into view (I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff so I could be wrong on the sliders thing)

But what else you think will be added

i really want duna sky to be better and in tutorial they ADD HOW I LAND AND EVE AND GET OUT OF IT :mad:

If I had to guess those will be added in a future update maybe. While I do agree the planets could use some "spicing up" as of right now however it seems they're mostly working on the career version which in it of itself isn't all that bad. I'm finding it to be quite fun.

If I had to guess those will be added in a future update maybe. While I do agree the planets could use some "spicing up" as of right now however it seems they're mostly working on the career version which in it of itself isn't all that bad. I'm finding it to be quite fun.

Yep

in the known features there is Reworked tutorial , I wander what he mean

It's just a teaser of a work in progress, relax.

You're right !

People then what ? Complaint because the scene change take 10 s more just because of one single more building ? Because KSP use now 100 MB more memory (or even more) ? Because the game will run 5 FPS lower than before ?

Especially does a single building which we don't now nothing about except its name will really matter ? :huh:

It's juts to bad there is more things and not less, it would be great to have a lower LOD for KSC buildings (what's the point of having ultra detailed scene you don't even look at when launching you're crazy 5000 parts rocket ?)

Complaint because the scene change take 10 s more just because of one single more building ? Because KSP use now 100 MB more memory (or even more) ? Because the game will run 5 FPS lower than before? Especially does a single building which we don't now nothing about except its name will really matter?

Not a single change depicted there has any impact on performance whatsoever.