Rocket tilts shortly after liftoff

Crown

Sadly there\'s so flight mechanics section but here\'s my question.

My rocket I build in KSP 0.13.2 tilts after some seconds without any (for me) visible reason. :(

I used the symmetry tool. Theoretically all elements of the stage are in the same vertical alignment. RCS is installed, SAS on every stage ans ASAS on the very upper stage too. RCS is on the whole flight.

But at about 13\'000 meters the rocket starts to tilt towards me.

What is/could be the reason for the rocket to tilt?

thank you

Welcome to the KSP Forums!

I doubt this is the issue, but I do see one thing that can cause trouble...

You have your RCS thrusters intersecting the winglets. If there is any model collision going on there, weird results can occur.

Happy Launching!

Arrr!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

What I would do is - and this is time consuming but it works - what I would do is strip off those rockets on the bottom stage and test the upper stage. If that works fine then add SOME of the lower stages and test that. If that works then add SOME of the radial engines. If that works then add a LITTLE bit more.

Going one step at a time allows you to isolate instabilities. It is time consuming but it is 100% guaranteed to work.

Advanced SAS, I have found, is about a thousand times more stable than regular SAS. In fact, I avoid SAS altogether because it pitches me around, as you are having problems with. Test your stages and modules one at a time. I like to build a service module, launch it aboard another booster and do Earth orbit tests of all my spacecraft before launching them to the moon. It\'s fun.

I agree with VincentMcConnell. my largest 'creation' strains even KSP at over 500 elements, and lifts off and stages 2 entire stages before creeping over 1fps performance... but it goes arrow-straight up with just one ASAS under the capsule and some fins on the lower stages, and gimballed engines. Tt has RCS but I only use it later on.

I would suggest making a copy of your craft (in the ships folder) and then modding the copy, so you keep the original craft intact. try and remove the collision between the RCS thrusters and the fins by setting the VAB Vertical snap to 'False' in settings.cfg in your KSP folder, and re-position the RCS blocks.

Also, try a version of the craft with just one ASAS and no SAS

my thoughts:

Joe 8)