[1.8.x] Contracts Window + [v9.4] [11/1/2019]

DMagic

1 minute ago, EstebanLB said:

I'm still having problems, The button doesn't open the list neither on normal view nor the map view. It was working fine until 1.1.3

Try re-download/re-install ? Delete the folder ContractsWindow in GameData/DMagicUtilities before you copy the one you downloaded.

10 hours ago, EstebanLB said:

Tried that and still not working

It would have been too easy :wink:

Did you change monitor ? Or screen resolution ? From what you describe it looks like the contract's window is drawn but outside of the screen's boundary.

Take a look at your persistent.sfs, you should find a module that store the position/size of the contract's window, here is what it looks in mine :

Spoiler

SCENARIO
    {
        name = contractScenario
        scene = 7, 6, 8, 5
        Contracts_Window_Parameters
        {
            WindowPosition = 3033,-401,349,561,2897,-489,373,461,2395,-895,289,739,50,80,250,300
            WindowVisible = False,False,True,False
            Contracts_Window_Mission
            {
                MissionName = MasterMission
                ActiveListID = e1c8b4c5-50a2-4fe2-b239-1d6a169e2fa7|N|False,6f7422b3-adc4-43c1-b412-01ebed6668e1|N|False,d1ae1173-7339-482d-a6f9-d4ce34a02dc8|N|False,d2fe1c20-3944-471e-8752-0e097c0be960|N|False
                HiddenListID =
                VesselIDs =
                AscendingSort = True
                ShowActiveList = True
                SortMode = 1
            }
        }
    }

You can change "WindowVisible" to "True,True,True,True" see how it goes. But I think you need to edit the "WindowPosition" field, not 100% sure but I guess it stores 4 rect coordinates, one for each scene the window is active, @DMagic is it correct ? Try to replace the value to "50,80,250,300,50,80,250,300,50,80,250,300,50,80,250,300"

On 12/1/2017 at 5:40 AM, Li0n said:

It would have been too easy :wink:

Did you change monitor ? Or screen resolution ? From what you describe it looks like the contract's window is drawn but outside of the screen's boundary.

Take a look at your persistent.sfs, you should find a module that store the position/size of the contract's window, here is what it looks in mine :

Hide contents

SCENARIO
    {
        name = contractScenario
        scene = 7, 6, 8, 5
        {
            WindowPosition = 3033,-401,349,561,2897,-489,373,461,2395,-895,289,739,50,80,250,300
            WindowVisible = False,False,True,False
            Contracts_Window_Mission
            {
                MissionName = MasterMission
                ActiveListID = e1c8b4c5-50a2-4fe2-b239-1d6a169e2fa7|N|False,6f7422b3-adc4-43c1-b412-01ebed6668e1|N|False,d1ae1173-7339-482d-a6f9-d4ce34a02dc8|N|False,d2fe1c20-3944-471e-8752-0e097c0be960|N|False
                HiddenListID =
                VesselIDs =
                AscendingSort = True
                ShowActiveList = True
                SortMode = 1
            }
        }
    }

You can change "WindowVisible" to "True,True,True,True" see how it goes. But I think you need to edit the "WindowPosition" field, not 100% sure but I guess it stores 4 rect coordinates, one for each scene the window is active, @DMagic is it correct ? Try to replace the value to "50,80,250,300,50,80,250,300,50,80,250,300,50,80,250,300"

That wouldn't be the case I think, because the windows display just fine in all other scenes, the VAB, KSP main, etc

It's just the first two numbers in each set of four that might cause problems, the last two specify window size, which shouldn't be a problem.

Just set them to some low number and the window should appear in the top-left. I can make it in the next update so that it checks if the window is outside of the screen when starting up.

4 minutes ago, EstebanLB said:

That wouldn't be the case I think, because the windows display just fine in all other scenes, the VAB, KSP main, etc

Can you post your persistent.sfs ? And what contract pack do you have installed, if any ?

Spoiler

SCENARIO
    {
        name = contractScenario
        scene = 7, 6, 8, 5
        {
            WindowPosition = 1087,406,366,321,1290,-225,376,812,1344,-27,528,1013,1420,-31,393,717
            WindowVisible = False,False,False,False
            Contracts_Window_Mission
            {
                MissionName = Test part
                ActiveListID = 86e442ef-5039-44a8-a003-77c7daac4900|N|True,6ab093f8-dff4-474c-b9e7-a248fc04e973|N|True
                HiddenListID =
                VesselIDs =
                AscendingSort = True
                ShowActiveList = True
                SortMode = 5

I'll try that then and report. I have no mod that adds contracts, except SCANsat that add it own minimal set of contracts, I think

Edited by EstebanLB

2 minutes ago, DMagic said:

I can make it in the next update so that it checks if the window is outside of the screen when starting up.

I'd like that, I play on a multi-monitor setup, most of the time 3 screens on portrait, sometimes 3 on landscape and occasionally on one screen. A check like that will make my life easier :)

The flight scene is the first set of numbers, the second number specifies the y dimension, but should be negative. I think in the last update I might have forgot to always switch the y values to negative numbers (positive values mean the window would be above the screen); I had to make lots of changes to the window positioning due to some incredibly strange behavior when changing the window scale.

Try flipping that number to -406 and see what happens.

4 hours ago, DMagic said:

The flight scene is the first set of numbers, the second number specifies the y dimension, but should be negative. I think in the last update I might have forgot to always switch the y values to negative numbers (positive values mean the window would be above the screen); I had to make lots of changes to the window positioning due to some incredibly strange behavior when changing the window scale.

Try flipping that number to -406 and see what happens.

Voilá, it was that indeed

Thanks for the help!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is anyone else having problems with this mod and Contract Configurator KSPIe?

This happens when Contract Window tries to load contracts:

[Contract Parser] Loading All Contracts...

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartModuleList.Contains (Int32 classID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartModuleList.Contains (System.String className) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractParser.parameterContainer.getPartTitlesFromModules (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 names) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractParser.parameterContainer.setCustomNotes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractParser.parameterContainer..ctor (ContractParser.contractContainer Root, Contracts.ContractParameter cP, Int32 Level) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractParser.contractContainer.addContractParam (Contracts.ContractParameter param, Int32 Level) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractParser.contractContainer..ctor (Contracts.Contract c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractParser.contractParser+<loadContracts>d__0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Edit:  Oops.  It's not Contract configurator.  It's KSP Interstellar Extended.

Edited by Thorbane

Love the mod.  But, I've had a problem with it since Day One.

I create several missions (Kerbin, Eve, Minmus, Mun, etc) and put each contract into their respective mission folder.  After a few saves and loads, the mission folders are empty.  I've not nailed down the circumstances where this happens. It just happens.  I have no other contract mods other than MCE.

Edited by Apollo13

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Contracts Window + version 8.0 is out; get it on SpaceDock.

It is updated for KSP 1.3.

There have been many UI related changes:

• Stock UI style is available and can be toggled from the settings menu at the bottom
  • Full localization support has been added
    • All UI text can be translated (but hasn't been yet)
    • All contract and progress record text will be shown in the localized language (a few progress record elements need to be translated)
  • TextMesh Pro is now used for all input fields
    • Input fields lock out all keyboard controls when active
  • Several improvements and fixes have been made to the tooltips
  • A bug that caused the currency tumblers to be hidden in the VAB/SPH has been fixed
  • The window will be brought to the front of the display when clicked on

AlzM7jj.png

Hey @DMagic, forget if you look after the ckan side or not (I'll let them know if not) but it's not showing up for 1.3. It does show Contract parser but not progress parser so guess its something to do with that?

@Torih That's weird, CKAN has them both updated, but Progress Parser shows KSP 1.2 support only. The AVC file that I uploaded shows 1.3: https://github.com/DMagic1/KSP_Progress_Parser/blob/master/GameData/DMagicUtilities/ProgressParser/ProgressParser.version

Oh, derp. The GitHub release had the wrong zip file for the Progress Parser update. I fixed the release to show the correct file.

This won't affect anyone downloading directly from SpaceDock, GitHub (the CW+ GitHub release), or CurseForge.

Edited by DMagic

@DMagic Probably link to files would be the best thing, as Github is not my king of thing yet. :/

Here it is.

I translated three .cfg files and changed "en-us" to "pl", as with our translation you can also have polish font in main menu and the game will automatically load first localization files with "pl" if our localization is installed.

I would like to thank you for this great tool. 

I observed that if you click on TOOLBAR OPTION and then click on REPLACE STOCK TOOLBAR and then click again (I understand this is a toggle) the button just wont come back. You need to leave to main menu and return to your game, then the button is back on screen.

I also would like to make a suggestion. The list is a bit confusing, too much info squeezed. If you can draw a line limiter between contracts this will make visualization much better. If not too much trouble of course.

Again Thanks a lot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.