[1.8.x] Contracts Window + [v9.4] [11/1/2019]

DMagic

• 4 weeks later...

First of all: Thank you for making my life so much easier by letting me group contracts. Stock window is a pain in the ass in the later game...

Since I'm using Sentinel contracts for quite a bit now, is it possible to add some progress information that the stock GUI itself does not provide? As far as I see you only need to read the save file:

PARAM

{
                    name = SentinelParameter
                    state = Incomplete
                    values = 0,0,0,0,0
                    FocusBody = 1
                    ScanType = ECCENTRICITY
                    TargetSize = E
                    MinimumEccentricity = 0.2399151124874746
                    MinimumInclination = 0
                    TotalDiscoveries = 15
                    RemainingDiscoveries = 13

}

Edited by M3tal_Warrior

@M3tal_Warrior So the contract parameter just says "Map x number of asteroids around...", but never gives any indication of how many have been scanned?

I could make a custom parameter note indicating how many have been scanned, that shouldn't be too much trouble, since it's a stock contract.

• 4 months later...
On 19/12/2017 at 4:35 PM, New Horizons said:

I wish we had support for Kronometer here :-)

I don't think Contract Windows+ has any issues with Kronometer. Although I did find a small issue in Contract Configurator supplying incorrectly formatted "time remaining" parameters that affected CW+ and CapCom.

Fix available here: 

12 hours ago, New Horizons said:

In fact Contract Windows is not using Kronometer time formats for now, so your statement is not correct here. Maybe those promised patches can change this in the future and then all matches up. 

Can you give an example screenshot and note of what you expect to see different?

All the dates and times look correct in my current game (6.4x OPM - Kerbin day = 10.5 hours, year = 616 days)

Edit: just to be clear I'm only speaking about the way CW+ displays dates, times and intervals. The length of time coming from the original contract may not be custom calendar aware which would require fixing in the mod that supplied that contract.

Edited by Aelfhe1m
clarification of scope

9 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Can you give an example screenshot and note of what you expect to see different?

All the dates and times look correct in my current game (6.4x OPM - Kerbin day = 10.5 hours, year = 616 days)

Edit: just to be clear I'm only speaking about the way CW+ displays dates, times and intervals. The length of time coming from the original contract may not be custom calendar aware which would require fixing in the mod that supplied that contract.

Oh really, my observation was due to contracts from RP-0 (I know there is no real update ready), wich seem to use hard coded time invervalls like old 24h days and such. 

So, my apologies for my wrong interpretation.

• 2 months later...

Version 8.2 is out; get it on Space Dock.

It is updated for KSP 1.4. Its dependencies are updated to: Contract Parser 8.0 and Progress Parser 9.0.

Spanish translations have been added by @fitiales :kiss:

Some long-standing UI positioning issues have been fixed (hopefully), thanks to help from @JPLRepo

And some minor UI-related performance improvements have been made.

I have a bug that has been with me since Contracts Window + first appeared.  I will set up several mission folders and sort my contracts into them, such a Kerbin, Mun, Minmus, Eve, etc.  Eventually, I restart the game at a later time.  All the missions folders are now empty, i.e. show 0.  I use no other contracts mod.  I finally just stopped using that feature.  I kept hoping that with each new version, it might be corrected.

It is somewhat intermittent, in that it might take anywhere from 1 to about 5 game restarts for the folders to zero-out.

vgUmTPy.png

Edited by Apollo13

5 minutes ago, Apollo13 said:

I have a bug that has been with me since Contracts Window + first appeared.  I will set up several mission folders and sort my contracts into them, such a Kerbin, Mun, Minmus, Eve, etc.  Eventually, I restart the game at a later time.  All the missions folders are now empty, i.e. show 0.  I use no other contracts mod.  I finally just stopped using that feature.  I kept hoping that with each new version, it might be corrected.

It is somewhat intermittent, in that it might take anywhere from 1 to about 5 game restarts for the folders to clear.

Where are you saving these folders? I would not change any folders inside KSP install. As the game may put them back to how they were before. Is this the direct download or Steam Version?

@Apollo13 Do you have log files from when that happens? Also, do you notice the main list resetting, too, like any contracts that were hidden, or had their parameters collapsed reset to the default state? It sounds like something happened during loading that made the list reset. There might be some cases where something takes too long to load, so it just gives up and resets the list, though I'm not sure what would cause that.

@Technical Ben You can add contracts to separate lists using the little green checkbox button above each contract. Clicking it will bring up a list of all contract lists and the option to create a new one. You can change which list you are viewing using the icon in the very top-right corner.

I'll get some log files.  This has happened o me in every version of Contracts Window +.  Quite often, the main contracts window will reset as well.  I will have collapse each as I added them to a list.  Then, suddenly, they all expand again.

Edited by Apollo13

@Apollo13 Do you notice if it only happens when first loading a save file? Or if it happens while playing, like changing scenes, or loading a different vessel?

I think what's happening is a timing problem where Contracts Window + thinks that it has to wait for something else to be loaded, until it gives up, or it's loading too quickly and it tries to load information before the save file data about which contract is in which mission and so on can be loaded. Or there is something wrong with the actual save/load process, which would be much worse.

If you want you can try out a test version, replace the ContractsWindow folder in the GameData/DMagicUtilities folder (just make sure you still have the ProgressParser and ContractParser folders there, too) with this one: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ena305ty01749j1/ContractsWindow_8.3.zip?dl=0

If there is a timing error this might help, but if nothing else it contains some more log information which might help narrow down the problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.