Warp Speed

kerbalnaught

Is it possible to set the thrust parameter to some insane number, say 20000 and not have the rocket explode when you ignite it? Adjusting the breakingForce seems to help a little.

I want to make a spaceship that lifts off with regular thrusters and once it reaches outer space, you can initiate the warp drive.

it you really want warpspeed, there is a way, but be warned this game is no friend of insanly high speeds.

Try lowering the mass of your upper stage (your 'warpship') in the cfgs. This way you get insane acceleration out of standart engines and because this breaking up behavior seems to be linked to the thrustvalue in the cfg (and not the actual G-forces) your ship will stay in one (mostly theres still some strange wobbling).

This way even FTL is possible.

Well i have testing something around... you cant faster than 150km/s... than your Ship is disapering like Kearth and its fliping and spinning around like hell...

But anyway i think that 100km/s in 15min isnt so bad, is it? :D

Here is my Engine .. It has a Thrust of 2000... but i must set mass to 10, or the Engine would crash my little rocket... if you have an bigger ship, decrease mass :).

does anyone know the minimum values for mass i assume its 0.1 because whenever i set it lower than that like 0.05 the affected part act like they have huge mass/drag where they will tear of the top of the rocket and the of course everything starts exploding but as always jebidiah was smiling the entire time somethings wrong with that boy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.