[1.12.x] Freight Transport Technologies [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)  

383 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)

• Propfan: Just right!
    • Propfan: OMG! Overpowered!
    • LFO Thrusters: Too weak
    • LFO Thrusters: Just right!
    • LFO Thrusters: OMG! Overpowered!

I feel bad because you're obv doing a lot and for free but I just want to lay this out very clearly:

when I drop the USI folder into gamedata it asks if i want to replace the old USI containing Karbonite, obviously I say no.

Instead, I take all the contents within USI and merge it manually with Karbonite (by dragging and dropping)

When I load my game it is technicolor. When I remove the combined USI folder, the game loads fine.

I'll stop posting after this. If my issue continues to not be addressable I just won't use this mod. I appreciate all your hard work and hope I don't sound ungrateful.

Just delete the USI folder and re-install the mods you want - they are all on DropBox. Because from listening to that post it sounds a bit manual, which means odds are something residual is there. Or you have a conflict. In any case, I have such little info on this that neither I nor the other folks can really help you... i.e. no info on KSP version, operating system, log files, screenshots, anything...

Thanks

@RoverDude, First off, Fantastic mod. It goes great with everything you've made so far. I only have one small problem and its that the blades don't spin. I cant seem to figure out why either. Just a random side note. I've been using 64 since it was released and the game has only crashed on me once. I'm not sure the issues people have with but I'm running close to 100 different mods.

@RoverDude, First off, Fantastic mod. It goes great with everything you've made so far. I only have one small problem and its that the blades don't spin. I cant seem to figure out why either. Just a random side note. I've been using 64 since it was released and the game has only crashed on me once. I'm not sure the issues people have with but I'm running close to 100 different mods.

If the props won't spin it's probably a FireSpitter issue - make sure you either have the latest FireSpitter, or if you do not use FireSpitter, include the DLL I packaged with FTT

Damn, dude, I didn't think it was possible to be any more prolific before you published this mod. Are you a wizard?

Maybe ;)

Quick suggestion, could the modular tanks actually have a flag or something that changes so you have a nice visual indicator of what each tank holds?

Already built in but didn't have them for launch. I need to fiddle with them because I want them to be emmissive (glow in the dark).

Now we have two more resources for the generator, is it possible to get some tanks for refuelling purposes?

Luckily I just reused a couple of CRP resources ;) But yes I can run down some little tanks for them - bear in mind you will get about three years of operation before refueling.

Luckily I just reused a couple of CRP resources ;) But yes I can run down some little tanks for them - bear in mind you will get about three years of operation before refueling.

Your mods never fail to impress. I want to use this on Laythe so considering the time-frames between transfer windows and travel time it's a lot easier to transport a load of fuel in advance instead to sending a new ship every 3 years.

Edit: I have noticed a bug with the out-rigger. While building it seems to loose the attachment nodes in the centre piece, either on one side or both.

Edited by Spagoose

Damn RoverDude, you're a bloody volcano of modmaking :D

I think I'll have to start a separate career just to play all your mods :D

However I really have to say this:

Can you make the parts in this mod available in "non awful" colouring? :P It may be just me but I find that yellowish tone really ugly =/

RoverDude, first off, awesome mod. After much fiddling, I managed to make a VTOL that's stable on the pitch axis, but unfortunately, noted that there seems to be a bit of off center thrust on the liquid fuel engines. The ship wants to roll to the right no matter what I do. Built in the sph, with symmetry on, and the only things off center having no physics significance(ladder).

RoverDude, first off, awesome mod. After much fiddling, I managed to make a VTOL that's stable on the pitch axis, but unfortunately, noted that there seems to be a bit of off center thrust on the liquid fuel engines. The ship wants to roll to the right no matter what I do. Built in the sph, with symmetry on, and the only things off center having no physics significance(ladder).

You need the davon throttle control mod :) it rocks :D :D

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/38069-

Have you considered adding an example .craft or two?

Yep :)

Your mods never fail to impress. I want to use this on Laythe so considering the time-frames between transfer windows and travel time it's a lot easier to transport a load of fuel in advance instead to sending a new ship every 3 years.

Edit: I have noticed a bug with the out-rigger. While building it seems to loose the attachment nodes in the centre piece, either on one side or both.

That's a KSP node thing. Attach the center node first then the rest light up - you get used to it, has to do with the whole tree of parts thingie.

Damn RoverDude, you're a bloody volcano of modmaking :D

I think I'll have to start a separate career just to play all your mods :D

However I really have to say this:

Can you make the parts in this mod available in "non awful" colouring? :P It may be just me but I find that yellowish tone really ugly =/

Maybe. No offense taken ;)

There should not be - it's a very symmetric part. Would need to see the ship, odds are it's a fuel balance issue.

i have 2 thinks to sa

1- rotors are spinning WRONG WAY so its funny to see they generate pozitive trust

2- Electrical engines should be a litlle bit more responsive-of corse dynamic spinning rotors have innercjon etc but not that big

That's a KSP node thing. Attach the center node first then the rest light up - you get used to it, has to do with the whole tree of parts thingie.

The problem is that when you fill up the two side nodes, the centre one deactivates which in turn disables fuel passing through it for some reason. I have only got it to work by using fuel lines to divert fuel around.

Edited by Spagoose

The problem is that when you fill up the two side nodes, the centre one deactivates which in turn disables fuel passing through it for some reason. I have only got it to work by using fuel lines to divert fuel around.

I noticed this, it also means you can't remove and reattach the outrigger when parts are attached to the side nodes as the middle node has disappeared.

Really awesome design, but could you make a version with more stock-like colors and textures. (Textures are already quite stock-like, but the colors aren't.)

Maybe, but very very low on the list. Part of FTT is the color, just as MKS is known for the bright red caps on the modules.

I noticed this, it also means you can't remove and reattach the outrigger when parts are attached to the side nodes as the middle node has disappeared.

One thought I had was to make a slightly offset outrigger that did one half at a time, but I'll have to play with it.

Sooo, now you released this does it mean you'll fix DERP? :P I mean all those bees is making Jeb look like a pin cushion.

I'll look at it... right after I scratch an itch and start up on a new mod that lets you.. um... grab things. And then stick them to other things. Because I like things with open licenses.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.