Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

Is a short stream something anybody might be interested in? I recently got to five-thousand subscribers and I think it would be fun to answer some questions, look at craft and perhaps make a cinematic. 

Edited by HatBat

5 hours ago, HatBat said:

Is a short stream something anybody might be interested in? I recently got to five-thousand subscribers and I think it would be fun to answer some questions, look at craft and perhaps make a cinematic. 

That sounds fun.  When would you hold the stream? 

22 hours ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

Hey I have been making some stock ships for this series, and im not to sure what side they should go on (GMI, HKA) so ill so a pic of the flag ship and see what you guys think

http://imgur.com/gallery/xJJMJ

Honestly, they don't look that pleasing as a combat vessel but with a few tweaks I think it would look like an amazing freighter ship.

Maybe a compromise?

2 hours ago, Spearka said:

Honestly, they don't look that pleasing as a combat vessel but with a few tweaks I think it would look like an amazing freighter ship.

Maybe a compromise?

Hmmmmmmm interesting, could make a series of them..... i would assume the flight deck be turned into a catgo bay

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I can't add images to a post, my guess is its because this is a new account. So I'm hesitant to start a post in the submissions thread, yet, as a result. Anyone think this, or something like it, would fit in well enough to be submitted?

http://imgur.com/a/H1suB 

It's a Tanker that mostly works, (95%, has some control issues still) I've almost got done. And an accompanying "Crew Transfer Shuttle"/Bailout Tool. 

Nearly finished testing it, I have a video of the prototype below.  At the time the video was taken I was trying to solve an issue with lift.  Issue solved and now I can focus on tweaking the AI.  Oh and it was severely underpowered then too, so I added two Junos instead of one.  I chose low quality to render it because don't want to give too much away before my post on the other thread.

HattyBatty, will you accept Procedural Wings?  I've looked at the video, and some of those planes seem pretty annoying to put together, too many wing parts.

https://github.com/Crzyrndm/ProceduralWings/releases

I use the latest version, 0.12.0, and it would also allow me to make pretty impressive craft for the series too.

7 hours ago, Draconiator said:

HattyBatty, will you accept Procedural Wings?

I'll quote something from @JTpopcorn from a while ago on using mods.

On 6/4/2016 at 0:32 PM, JTpopcorn said:

KJR is a mod that is not on the list, so unless things change, KJR is a no. Adding struts should help, but keeping everything as close to stock as possible limits potential bugs.

Since Hatbat already has plenty of camera and visual mods, keeping stuff stock other than BDA is the best way to keep the game lagless to allow for bigger ships and to keep conflicts from happening. I'm not @HatBator scriptkitty, so I'm still pinging him to know what he thinks. 

3 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Since Hatbat already has plenty of camera and visual mods, keeping stuff stock other than BDA is the best way to keep the game lagless to allow for bigger ships and to keep conflicts from happening. I'm not @HatBator scriptkitty, so I'm still pinging him to know what he thinks. 

Pretty much nailed it. Less mods = less lag, and in general better performance overall with lower crash/bug risk.

Hmmm, Okay, that makes sense.  I think it would help though because you'd need a lot less wing parts do do the same things, For example take the Arkbird:

6bb815ffafcea5fbf458d37dfa55749b.png

at least I think this is the arkbird, I may be wrong.  Anyway, by my count this thing has at least 15 wing pieces per side not including control surfaces.  So, I decided to throw together something similar using these procedural wings to see if they would lower part counts.  Came up with this:

4706b876b43e004b3ff9b3c34f19fc60.jpg

Counting the control surfaces, this thing has 8 wing pieces total, and for the original that part count accounts only for the ailerons, I.E. the original has at least 38 wing parts.  Less parts, smoother operation.  I imagine the same thing could be done for tanks/ground vehicles too.  when I made the post up there I did not think of part counts, but a lower part count is going to help his series, as well as all of us making planes for this too.

With the exception of BD Armoury I simply don't use part mods in the series. I don't like having anything with mod dependencies in the show unless it really needs it as well as mods making managing submissions that much harder.

Procedural wing parts in particular would spoil a lot of destruction as the wings on planes or hulls of battleships vaporised instantly.

Edited by HatBat

30 minutes ago, HatBat said:

With the exception of BD Armoury I simply don't use part mods in the series. I don't like having anything with mod dependencies in the show unless it really needs it as well as mods making managing submissions that much harder.

Procedural wing parts in particular would spoil a lot of destruction as the wings of planes or hulls of battleships vaporised instantly.

This is true, take the B-52 from Planetfall, when the Jaysef fires at the B-52 the wing partially disintegrates with debris trailing behind shortly after hitting; as it crashes the wings fall apart completely with some sections flying away.

With procedural wings instead then the Jaysef would fire at the B-52 the wing would just go "phut" and fall anticlimactically and last I remember the philosophy on KS is quality over quantity.

But.. if we want to see even bigger capital ships maybe procedural parts could be a thing? (or at least Tweakscale)

Edited by Spearka

2 hours ago, Draconiator said:

this thing has 8 wing pieces total

By changing wing edge size, you could do it with 6. Just saying :) .

But.. if we want to see even bigger capital ships

It would ruin them too, unless you use it for add-on armor panels. Even then, it's "one-shot kills the entire flank", something which happens now with BDA's broken explosion range.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.