Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

10 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

can i get a download link for the old Aegis? I really want to mess around with it. Also, how did you get the decal onto the craft? I've been trying to do that for so long, but it never works.

This link includes the craft file as well as a mod containing the decal and miscellaneous parts you'll need to load it. Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j3rodtbrnbs2ynz/AAAiysLRJekC7uSjIVAFzrP5a?dl=0

12 minutes ago, THIRTY9CLUES said:

@HatBat Can I have the craft files for all the ships that went to Duna?

I went and added a few more to that link from earlier. I'm afraid I no longer have the files for some smaller craft like the Centurions and the Buzzard.

I only just realised what you meant by off-shoot: you mean a spin-off series, right? Videos? If so, I wouldn't be so eager to pass them off as canon, of course it depends on the actual contents.

7 minutes ago, THIRTY9CLUES said:

@HatBatYeah, it is a spin off series of videos. I was wondering if it would fit in to the the story of Kethane Station? Furthermore, do you still have the old Mun lander for Kethane mining along with the GMI ship that attacked it?

In that case I'm afraid I'm not going to be tying it into my show. You're totally free to do what you want with it but it would be strictly unofficial. 

I don't know exactly what craft you're talking about. Could you link me to the part of whatever video they were in? I likely won't have them as I deleted quite a few craft I was sure I wasn't going to use again, it's worth a shot though.

Edited by HatBat

1 minute ago, HatBat said:

In that case I'm afraid I'm not going to be tying it into the official story.

In what way would the story need to be altered in order for it to be official. My story hardly interacts with the main story and is really just a way to explore the further locals of Jool.

4 minutes ago, HatBat said:

I'm afraid I don't know exactly what craft you're talking about

They were the very first ships of KS. 

41 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

While we're at it, could we get a file with the SPH vehicles used in KS? I'd like to test some of my tanks and planes against the ones featured in previous episodes.

Sure. I've added a few atmospheric craft from the last episode to the dropbox.

39 minutes ago, THIRTY9CLUES said:

In what way would the story need to be altered in order for it to be official. My story hardly interacts with the main story and is really just a way to explore the further locals of Jool.

They were the very first ships of KS. 

It's nothing to do with the story itself. I even think it would be a pretty cool bit of lore behind a submission. I just don't want the responsibility of curating anybody else's work. That's why I'd rather keep it unofficial and give you freedom to do as you like without myself having to come in and change anything now or later down the line.

I'm pretty sure I don't have the Mun Wagon or the Turtur (I think that's what that GMI ship was called). I'll have a look but they're probably not going to turn up.

Update: Sorry, I've definitely deleted them. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to recreate either of them if you really needed them.

Edited by HatBat

@THIRTY9CLUES Okay, but what if you use a F-Tech ship, which wouldn't fit into the lore at that time? Or what if one of my ships get into the main series and it's already in yours? It wouldn't make sense. I build a lot of ships though, this is the only one I haven't submitted is this right now.

vp8Q0KL.jpg

If you really want some ships of mine, I could quite easily build some of different classes?

Edited by MiffedStarfish

Do tanks and other ground vehicles need to be manned? I'm asking since my tank line is entirely probe controlled, but both HKA and GMI tanks featured in episode 25 are crewed with seats or landing pods.

Also, do we need actual survivable armor? The Mississipi and the GMI MBT barely have a single wing plate as front and side armor, but I'm putting 7 or 8 2x2 plate thick frontal armor and 5 1x1 plate thick side armor. I could probably save a few dozen parts if I removed the excess plates.

On 4/2/2017 at 2:43 PM, THIRTY9CLUES said:

@MiffedStarfish Your ships do have a lot to do with Laythe and I would be fully willing to put them in the series

Kerbin rated only so far and impossible to fit in non hacked/modded (so far) hangar bays but sure maybe

On 4/2/2017 at 8:49 AM, MiffedStarfish said:

@THIRTY9CLUES if hatbat lets you make the off shoot, how about this as the Aegis Mk2? It carries 3 heavy fighters.

I think we should make the first new destroyer that is in the seris Aegis to continue the legacy of the old one instead of creating a new Aegis history, it would feel disrepectful to Aegis (old) to replace the name of the longest serving warship in HKA with a new class. Maybe a ship that shares Aegis's legacy of being the first at somthing?

umm the second quote part of quote 2 was mine sorry weird glitch

or made by rune or rone or whoever made Aegis

* Next ship of the name Agegis should be made by rune or rone or whoever made original Aegis

On 02/04/2017 at 10:43 PM, THIRTY9CLUES said:

@MiffedStarfish Your ships do have a lot to do with Laythe and I would be fully willing to put them in the series

I'm slightly confused. Are you talking about my ships, or @Sidestrafe2462's ships? Is this some weird forum bug?

12 minutes ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

Kerbin rated only so far and impossible to fit in non hacked/modded (so far) hangar bays but sure maybe

umm the second quote part of quote 2 was mine sorry weird glitch

or made by rune or rone or whoever made Aegis

* Next ship of the name Agegis should be made by rune or rone or whoever made original Aegis

I agree. The carrier is actually called the EX-5 Oceanus, but I thought he could just change the name if he wanted to use the ship. I actually think there shouldn't be any more ships called the aegis except possibly a gen2 one like the Helios, but I'm fairly certain at least one of the crew survived because of the close up of the escape pod, paired with "I'm so sorry halbert!" Whitch could mean he was sorry that he abandoned him and ran to the pods, so possibly they could man it?

20 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Do tanks and other ground vehicles need to be manned? I'm asking since my tank line is entirely probe controlled, but both HKA and GMI tanks featured in episode 25 are crewed with seats or landing pods.

Also, do we need actual survivable armor? The Mississipi and the GMI MBT barely have a single wing plate as front and side armor, but I'm putting 7 or 8 2x2 plate thick frontal armor and 5 1x1 plate thick side armor. I could probably save a few dozen parts if I removed the excess plates.

No, neither of those are requirements. The Hellrazor and the Centurion in the last episode were both drones with fairly weak armour.

Edited by HatBat

3 minutes ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

uhh...... how did that stay in the air after like, a cartwheel?! I seriously dont think anyone can fly that in a straight line...... no offense its really cool

It just has very sensible controls and thrust vectoring. Flying it straight with SAS is quite easy, as long as you don't slam the WASDQE keys when you're past 400 m/s. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.