Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

7 minutes ago, HatBat said:

@MiffedStarfish @Joseph Kerman I'll likely use both if I can. Joseph I should mention that the submissions thread isn't really for general posting, strictly just submissions with all the relevant information. It's alright if you plan to edit that same post later but I'd appreciate if you could take another look at the rules.

Thanks. I am working on a BDA armed version. Since it is an air-and-space fighter, it will utilize lasers as its main weapon. It has 4 HE-KV's, though, as secondary weaponry for fast targets.

7 hours ago, Joseph Kerman said:

Thanks. I am working on a BDA armed version. Since it is an air-and-space fighter, it will utilize lasers as its main weapon. It has 4 HE-KV's, though, as secondary weaponry for fast targets.

bda for atmo only, stock for space. more submission rules

got a warship, anti-fighter corvette/super heavy fighter thing with very heavy armor but like 2 I-beams and 4 of standard torp tanks with boosters on them. Its got a booster stage that is interchangeable and can be used as a cap ship missile. otherwise all armaments can be reloaded and has 2 nuke for interplanetary thrust. should i keep developing? it's too large for a fighter but too lightly armed to be a cap ship. its like a guardship for static installations.

and he-kvs are broken :c

On 6/7/2017 at 10:07 AM, MiffedStarfish said:

That's an older version.

gimme the new one :D

55 minutes ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

how to add pics to post?

Personally, I suggest embedding Imgur albums as it keeps the post more organized. Some people like to use spoilers, others don't. Really just personal preference at that point.

For images.
-upload to imgur, dropbox, or other
-Right click on the image and select copy image or copy image url
-Paste into the forum editor
XGHM4cu.png
For albums
-make an imgur album
-Go into the album
-Copy the page url
-Paste

Given that the submissions thread has received several new entries I'll be taking a look at them ASAP and sending them on to @HatBat for further review should they pass muster.

I've been struggling with a persistent terrain-breakage issue in 1.3 currently, hence why I've not been able to get on that sooner.

7 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

can we get some wet navy ships posted?

G8tULs9.png

I had the ALS Minmus III stealth patrol boat in my old submission post, but it's a mostly obsolete and underarmored design so I'm not including it in the new one. I'm currently working on a new Minmus IV, but priority is low since I doubt Hatty will include ships as Episode 26 might be the last one on Kerbin for some time.

33 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Been working on another concept. It's a truck carried tactical missile with a 1.05 ton warhead, which can be fired and then switched to to guide it on targets.

What do you guys think?

Going to need range and relative accuracy info before I decide. Do you have any rough numbers?

On 6/14/2017 at 6:22 AM, HatBat said:

@MiffedStarfish @Joseph Kerman I'll likely use both if I can. Joseph I should mention that the submissions thread isn't really for general posting, strictly just submissions with all the relevant information. It's alright if you plan to edit that same post later but I'd appreciate if you could take another look at the rules.

@Jon144 I'm afraid I don't have a great deal of interest in stock atmo weapons. Space combat works because micro-gravity does away with ballistics and opens the door to a lot of interesting weapons and tactics. I find stock atmo kind've boring given that so much of the focus is on just hitting the target when BD Armoury allows for such a wide range of interesting gameplay.

My friend @SuperHappySquid does a lot of stock atmo videos if you're interested in seeing that. 

I think that you're misunderstanding me. I'm proposing ground based warfare. Of course stock plane on plane weapons are impossible. But as far as ground warfare is concerned all you have to do is shoot weapons on an even level plane. If you took a closer look at my stock tanks you could see that such 1v1 engagements at least are completely viable. It is a shame to exclude stock only weaponry that actually works. That was the magical appeal of Macey's Dreams which ultimately took stock warfare into the public eye. 

I believe at least my Lynx II serves as a demonstrator for how simple stock tank battles can be. Just line two craft up within 200m and have the turret auto-target whatever you want to destroy. Stage and boom. Simple. I believe anyone interested in stock ground warfare can replicate my designs and I encourage them to do so. Because stock ground warfare is really awesome and something that has been missing for years. Not because it is impossible but because people haven't bothered to try.

Here is a video demonstrator that you don't even need the UI turned on for these battles. Which for someone as yourself who has good cinematic skills could probably do something with this. 

Of course BD opens the doors for larger engagements, but I don't see why stock ground battles couldnt be used for some smaller seperate cinematics. Especially for urban combat. What I am saying basically is that stock land battles would be perfect for staged parts of the story while BD can be the bulk of the major battles. I'm personally sickened with how people think that mods are the only way to achieve interesting gameplay. Finding out stock solutions without any modifications to the game is the real magic of KSP. 

Edited by Jon144

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.