Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

8 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

You better not copy what I sent you :(

No I NEVER steal other people's designs.  It's this. 

03824899dbe083b21b8500a0b434a52b.png

...and I did try a bomber-like thing but I couldn't make it work so I went with my first idea, which was that.  I'm trying to fix a speed issue with it though and still leave the engines alone.

9 hours ago, Draconiator said:

I'm trying to fix a speed issue with it

Ramjets work well, but only if they can bring your craft to >400 m/s. I've found that, for Panthers, a TWR of about 1.7 full is enough to go to 800 m/s.

Also don't forget a radar

Edited by NotAnAimbot

Arrrrrrgh I'm going to have to totally rebuild the thing.  Apparently Mk2 parts aren't very maneuverable.

Edit: Well that one crashed and burned, but out of the ashes came something beautiful....and will make GMI wet their pants.  Stay tuned...and I did spend two hours last night in BDa Competition Mode to see if they behave as expected.  Needless to say I will release on the other thread later.

Edited by Draconiator

Made my sub a bit back, might as well post here so you have a link to it @HatBat...

Also, not exactly a "company" per say, but i have my own storyline i work with in my comic and i thought of a perfect way to link my universe with yours so take of it what you will.

Currently i provided a nice selection of capital ships (a few fairly recent ones and a few legacy ships from way back when that still work well nowadays) and 2 orbital defense guns (different visual styles but both are more or less same functionality), although i am currently developing more ships for my own purposes, and all of the ones i feel are decent will likely end up uploaded here as well.

2 hours ago, panzer1b said:

Made my sub a bit back, might as well post here so you have a link to it @HatBat...

Also, not exactly a "company" per say, but i have my own storyline i work with in my comic and i thought of a perfect way to link my universe with yours so take of it what you will.

Currently i provided a nice selection of capital ships (a few fairly recent ones and a few legacy ships from way back when that still work well nowadays) and 2 orbital defense guns (different visual styles but both are more or less same functionality), although i am currently developing more ships for my own purposes, and all of the ones i feel are decent will likely end up uploaded here as well.

To quote from the submissions thread rules:

- You must add information about your space agency so HatBat can mention it in the show if he uses one of your craft. This could be a simple bio or an entire history. If you don't add information then your ships will be credited to HKA or GMI directly. However, don't pump any company lore full of crap like 'Oldest company on Kerbin' 'We have our own warp drives' 'We entirely colonised another planet'. It will be ignored. Along the same lines, please do not assert actions of HKA and/or GMI outside of the show's plot.

Just don't go overboard with your agency's backstory and things will be fine- but don't let yourself slip in full-on faction RP territory. Otherwise things like fairly O.K. in terms of your submission- I can't speak for @HatBat, but AFAIK crossovers with other fan works are not in the cards.

Additionally, good ship designs. I like the idea with the planetary defense guns as well.

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

3 hours ago, Draconiator said:

Question for y'all, do you find you need to completely redesign craft for the series?  I've had to do that for the last one when the first iteration failed to live up to my (high) expectations.

I spent too many hours trying to design a tank based on what I thought was an optimal layout based on another half hour of digging through configs.

It still didn't work :(

To be honest, the whole reason I don't have a sub page is because I spend wayyyy too much time on perfecting craft, and they inevitably aren't perfect.

4 hours ago, Draconiator said:

Question for y'all, do you find you need to completely redesign craft for the series?  I've had to do that for the last one when the first iteration failed to live up to my (high) expectations.

I mostly redesign some of the weapons because often enough the ones i have in my universe are WAY WAY WAY too powerful (many AKS warships are designed in universe to have either very powerful missiles or have such crazy ammo capacity they can singlehandedly take down like 2-3 standard ships, or like 20 badly armored warships).  As for the ships themselves, its impossible to create truly incredible armor so i generally just submit the best armor i can physically make since its still crap against most shipkiller torpedos (1.2m guided missiles) and often enough results in a 1 shot kill when you look at the thing the wrong way :).

In other news...

jAkP2xi.png

Also updated my sub with 1 more warship, the SK-203 "Aurora".  Im quite happy with how it came out, and i even have a version that has a fully decked out bridge/interior for kerbals to move around in on my HDD.  If you are interested in ships like that @HatBat, i would be glad to upload the "cinematic" interior edition, its just too high on part counts to effectively use in a real battle, so thats why i normally upload the general purpose "combat" versions which have useable part counts most of the time (unless its a destroyer or something which i cant physically make with low part counts).  Actually if you want conematic ships i have a BC-304 replica and a Venator class star destroyer replica that are both absurd on parts (over 700) but have completely custom built internals (everything from the command bridge to recreational decks with external seats everywhere) and are bloody huge to begin with so they look awesome when flying starfighters near em...

Also another thing you might want to add to the submission rules, is to put the pictures inside spoilers (what i did since it gives a clean and easy to view post).  Its incredibly difficult to navigate teh submissions thread and it takes forever to load up in the first place due to the images loading forever.  I think itd be a good idea to have images hidden so people can click to open them on demand and not clutter the thread with so much picture spam...

Edited by panzer1b

Thanks for offering those ships @panzer1b, but I'm not really keen to use particularly iconic replicas on the show.

I see what you mean about the images loading. I'll often open the thread and get scrolled miles away from the post I opened because of all the images popping in. Still I'd rather not ask people to hide them as I like being able to take a quick glance at a submission and well placed images are great for presentation and make a very attractive submission.

Edited by HatBat

5 minutes ago, HatBat said:

Still I'd rather not ask people to hide them as I like being able to take a quick glance at a submission and well placed images are great for presentation and make a very attractive submission.

Dammit, and I thought putting ships in folders was better...

6 hours ago, HatBat said:

Thanks for offering those ships @panzer1b, but I'm not really keen to use particularly iconic replicas on the show.

I see what you mean about the images loading. I'll often open the thread and get scrolled miles away from the post I opened because of all the images popping in. Still I'd rather not ask people to hide them as I like being able to take a quick glance at a submission and well placed images are great for presentation and make a very attractive submission.

Would you prefer me to dump the spoilers altogether on my sub?  Its not an issue for me either way, whatever you find easier to work with...

Edit:

i dumped the spoilers, so you should see everything easily now...

Edit:

added lurm battery for planetary defense category, and yeah, vall looks amazing with my mod :)

PXS4fbj.png

Edited by panzer1b

So, um....

A while back, I had put up my submissions on the submissions thread, following all the guidelines provided in the OP of that thread. I had even read over it 3 times to make sure.

However...

I've been having a nagging and/or worry at the back of my mind that I may have unintentionally broken a rule listed.

Now I know that nearly everyone gets this sooner or latter, but the nagging had been growing exponential ever since, and I couldn't rest easily.

Therefore, I am asking here for someone to go over my submission on the submissions page, making sure that everything is in place and I hadn't made any mistakes in the submission process.

I know that that would take some time, and that this request may go unnoticed or unheeded, but I implore anyways.

Thank you for your time.

Link to post if anyone wants to help me out.

I guess I'm also getting rid of the spoilers on my post. I'll try getting some new stuff on when I have time from watching anime. Mostly the ICV-2 and T-942, along with the updated F-2.

And here they are, in the submission thread. T-942 and ICV-2.

ffehrwS.png

9tJWJYX.png

Edited by NotAnAimbot

23 hours ago, Greymangames said:

<>

The backstory is good, individual descriptions are good. Personally, I would put craft specifics in spoilers (TWR, DeltaV, DockingPorts) but that's really up to you.

I would suggest having individual craft download links using dropbox, kerbalx, etc. rather than or in addition to your current links. (I might just be picky...:))

Overall, seems to look fine to me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.