HatBat

Kethane Station Discussion

3180 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, JTpopcorn said:

Going to need range and relative accuracy info

Range is about 8-9 km, and target accuracy is as accurate as the SAS target can get. I'm still developing the guidance system. The missile has to be manually flown for now, but I'm working on including the BDA targeting system.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

10 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

G8tULs9.png

I had the ALS Minmus III stealth patrol boat in my old submission post, but it's a mostly obsolete and underarmored design so I'm not including it in the new one. I'm currently working on a new Minmus IV, but priority is low since I doubt Hatty will include ships as Episode 26 might be the last one on Kerbin for some time.

ok thx

Posted (edited)

For the truck system, I've done some more tests and finalized the design as the 5K20 "Tamtam", a nicknamed derived off "TMTM" or "Truck Mounted Tactical Missile". 

Qu3CCR1.png

The launching system is a bit awkward, but the vehicles makes it up largely with a 20 km range and pinpoint accuracy. The missiles can also be launched "flat" if required, but the landing legs are there if obstacles are present in front of the launch site.

fF7MQXn.png

yQuc0lS.png

The missiles are contained within sealed tubes, and they have to be staged before firing. Staging also activates the engines, so you can't misfire a missile when the seals are closed. The missiles otherwise work as normal BDA weapons, so you can switch to them and fire if you have a GPS target.

bjlOlxv.png

I'll probably write something up in the coming days.

Edited by NotAnAimbot
2 people like this

Final update of my post for a while.

iBcIrXA.png

Slightly upgraded Minmus III

7KnNjfI.png

Minmus IV, more specialized for shore support but less for AA

Qu3CCR1.png

5K20 Tamtam Truck Mounted Tactical Missile

1 person likes this

Anyone noticed a small problem when launching vessels in 1.3?

oHJfv4Z.png0bFf2Yl.png

Parts seem dislocated on some craft that were fine in 1.2. As you can see, time warping places the parts right and fixes the issue. This problem affects most of my crafts with some clipped parts, and I've even seen the F-6 falling apart on launch due to this.

shMqlai.png

zGZlFBk.png

For that case, I had to use the unbreakable joints cheat at launch and then timewarp to set the parts.

WYW4j2Y.png

cMYt1Lq.png

t2KvVlZ.png

The difference is very subtle, but if you switch quickly between the two last images in a picture viewer, you'll see the wings on the second one have moved a bit from the timewarp.

Am I the only one experiencing this?