Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

I have a feeling that with the new update, B9 is going to be a mod that HatBat actually requests for capital ships. They end up looking awesome! And with a part count that allows recording several huge ships without too much lag. For example, head to the SSTO thread and look at the little joke I played there, that thing looks straight out of a military sci-fi game and it was my first couple hours playing with it.

Rune. Emphasis on the sci-fi part, especially for the engines.

I think it's more impressive when something is built out of stock parts, I never felt a sense of achievment when I used mods.

Guess who's back ( á° Üʖ á°)

Yup, just got back.

And it's time to do some responses.

It looks good! And it is good to not be the only one giving him ships, HatBat's improvements in video making deserve a ton of beautiful ships so he can dedicate his time to film them properly. Besides, I am usually very late in delivering stuff to him, and we all want more videos! :)

I hope to have a couple of presents for you when you get back, enjoy your vacation!

Rune. HatBat will be like my baby youtuber, I nourished him when he was tiny

You're too kind Rune :D

But where's my presents? Is it the B9 battlecruiser? Because that thing looks awesome.

I've just realised how much stuff is going to be shooting at my ship :D

Very true, I might have to swap around some of the crafts people have submitted. Sorry :P

Can we use the new B9 updated parts to build huge ships, or should we stay mostly stock?

Well, the reason I don't allow B9 is because of the massive amount of parts it adds to the game; I already crash enough as it is. So I was hoping that SP+ might eventually be able to fully replace B9, which would make filming a lot easier. But the new B9 parts look very tasty, so I'll take submissions: but whether or not they'll be used for the Military series is questionable, because of how OP the engines are. But hey! That means your ships could appear in my sci-fi film, if I ever get around to making it.

Ok, I didn't see that before. I guess I could use them for a base :)

Well, same thing applies I guess. But in the case of bases it's not that I find any particular part to be too sci-fi, it's just that if I were able to remove all the B9 ships from the Kethane Station save and uninstall the mod from the series' install: then I would be swimming in the glory of not crashing every five minutes. And you have to admit, it is pretty ridiculous. Running the 64-bit version of KSP with 16 gigs of RAM and an i7, I would expect better.

I have a feeling that with the new update, B9 is going to be a mod that HatBat actually requests for capital ships. They end up looking awesome! And with a part count that allows recording several huge ships without too much lag. For example, head to the SSTO thread and look at the little joke I played there, that thing looks straight out of a military sci-fi game and it was my first couple hours playing with it.

Rune. Emphasis on the sci-fi part, especially for the engines.

Hmmm, if I were to ignore everything I just said. Then on these points alone I would probably allow and recommend the new parts. The only other problems that I can think of are that apparently the new parts break apart to easily to be particularly good military ships.

That engine might be slightly op :P

*Nods quietly*

I think it's more impressive when something is built out of stock parts, I never felt a sense of achievment when I used mods.

Very wise words.

Very true, but the way the stock game works, it would take several hundred parts to make a Capitol ship impressive. This makes it a lot less laggy and it looks cool too.

Touché, good sir.

Might. That's the key word. Ssssshhhh, nothing to see here...

Rune. *Quietly SSTOes away in a thousand-ton battleship*

Give it to me now... or you may never see your family again.

Anyway, my next trip will be to Iceland in October. I'll see if I can bring you guys back some pictures of the landscapes, auroras and sky at night.

I might even be making a little video montage of my travels there, using

(because it simply works), but that's just an idea :P

Welcome back

I got a couple of crafts to upload to the other file soon

Edit: just added 3 crafts to the others file as well as added a manifest for the others craft.

I ll try to make a couple of ships for GMI now just to try to balance everything out but again all craft in the others file can be used as you see fit

Edit#2: Just added two new crafts and updated the other crafts manifest

Edited by War Eagle 1

Messed around with B9 and got a nice SSTO battleship. I will post the imgur link in a minute. It holds 30 Kerbals and can dock several ships inside the main hangar.

Name: TBD

Class: Capital Ship

Edit: http://imgur.com/a/6Gtxg

Download: https://www./?eu7od2snl7xhm3w

Edited by MissionController3134
Got the link

I reached the 2.5 kilometer mark, I'm not sure why it exploded though, perhaps at 2.5 kilometers other craft are to small for you to see the explosion.

Ehhh. My theory is that because the loading range for craft is around 2.5 km and the craft being as large as it was and still being able to be seen clearly at 2.5km…the game couldn't handle the awesomeness so it blew it up

edit: is that your video?

Ehhh. My theory is that because the loading range for craft is around 2.5 km and the craft being as large as it was and still being able to be seen clearly at 2.5km…the game couldn't handle the awesomeness so it blew it up

edit: is that your video?

Yep.

Also, here's a pic of it 'in' the hanger.

EDIT: Have I mad the largest replica in ksp history?

TaaRRJt.png

Edited by Megalodon 720

Yep.

Also, here's a pic of it 'in' the hanger.

http://i.imgur.com/TaaRRJt.png

Goodness.

Man Id really like to see my crafts rescaled like this.

Can you imagine my Glory Class holding up to 100 cherub fighters!!!

Well as cool as this is its kinda useless in Kethane Station it would be weird to see his ships normal sized in one video and huge in the next

When I get on my computer tomorrow I might put it in orbit around gilly to see how big it is in comparison.

Edit: Unless you want to enlarge each piece manually then you have to weld it together, thne add the below text to the end of the part CFG.

MODULE

{

name = TweakScale

type = free

}

Edited by Megalodon 720

Alright guys, gonna have to blow the whistle here. I think you're forgetting this thread is for ship submissions, not chat about how cool it would be to have massive glory class warships. Anyway, now that I have two different B9 warships, I think it's time for a cinematic battle. Just remember to use BD Armoury MissionController, you're going to need it xD

WEDKWNDLIWJ NO LASERS!!!!!!"1111!!!1!!!! THEY'RE BORING ;_;

That goes for you too Rune... just had a test battle with two of your B9 ships and thanks to lasers it was over in about 2 seconds

:P

Alright guys, gonna have to blow the whistle here. I think you're forgetting this thread is for ship submissions, not chat about how cool it would be to have massive glory class warships.

Right sorry about that?

Anyway, now that I have two different B9 warships, I think it's time for a cinematic battle. Just remember to use BD Armoury MissionController, you're going to need it xD

Wait…what?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.