Replaced flag with agency config
Added localization support

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

I didn't know this was still working / working again!

I am so excited.

Hi! Yes, this is still here. Unfortunately, it just seems to keep getting relegated to the back burner because of other stuff -- there are many things I wish to do, but only so little time.

The good news is, I'm in the process of looking into the stock part variant feature over this weekend, and I believe it's definitely possible to move this over to stock-only for KSP 1.4+ -- though there may be some minor shortcomings as compared to using the firespitter plugin.

Here is a patch for players who want to use this mod on KSP 1.4+ without needing firespitter plugin:
https://gist.github.com/cake-pie/deb2a1e2b5a39e551d207b9e06cbf1d8

Apply this patch for a preexisting installation of Hawkspeed Airstairs v. 0.8.1 on KSP 1.4+
Stating the obvious: this will not work on older versions of KSP before 1.4.0.

If you have no idea what to do with the patch: please do not use it.
Properly installed Hawkspeed Airstairs v. 0.8.1 will work perfectly fine on KSP 1.4.x without the need for this patch.

Note that when using firespitter, you are able to interrupt the stair deployment animation. i.e. if you tell the stair to deploy, but change your mind while the animation is still playing, you can immediately tell it to retract and it will instantly start closing up. This is no longer possible if you use this patch and switch to stock KSP animation -- i.e. you must wait for the stair to finish deploying before you are allowed to retract it.

Holding off on a full official release because I'd like to wait for:
- Module Manager updates that would obviate the need for separate releases to target different KSP versions (support for 1.3.1 must continue for now)
- see if we can get some community coordination for standardized variant themes
etc.

Edited by cakepie

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.