[1.4.x / 1.3.x / 1.2.x] Hawkspeed Airstairs [ v0.8.1 @ 2017-06-05 ]

cakepie

• 2 weeks later...

Can I suggest something? Having a version with only half of the thing open for a kerbal to walk around, and have half of it be able to carry a kerbal or two, having a window or two on the oposite side of the door for the area where the kerbal(s) are carried, and with the empty area where the kerbals walk around be open on both front and back, and have a fuselage similar to the one with the door, but there is no door and instead having clear windows, and the kerbal can go inside the cabin. If you want to send you a PM giving you a better idea of what I mean just ask.

• 5 weeks later...

v0.7 has been released! Updated for KSP 0.25.0. Adds a stock-alike texture, which is now the default.

GAMEBREAKING WARNING! Folders and part names have been changed. Please recover any craft with old Airstairs parts before upgrading, and remove any prior version of Airstairs completely before installing.

Bundles the pre-release version 7.0.5398.27328 of the Firespitter dll provided by Snjo here for KSP 0.25.0 compatibility.

Changelog

V 0.7 released 2014-11-01
GAMEBREAKING changes to folders and part names
- in anticipation of future changes.
Reduced 2.5m Airstair mass.
Added stock-alike texture; this is now the default.
Reduced texture filesizes slightly (removed alpha channel).
Added placeholder empty IVA to avoid bugs related to IVA-less parts.
Added Hawkspeed Sonora flag.

• 6 months later...

I want to say thanks. My KAX+FAR airplanes were so incomplete without this.

On a side note, I would like to see crew tank in a similar style. Not necessary with ivas... But still

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
19 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

No! The mod is dead! Why don't we have this in stock? It would add a great plane part! :(

I just went and grabbed this to check it as it was working back in 0.90.  So far, it looks like it still works in 1.1.2.  You do, however, need to go into the part file and fix a node value. 

See the comment in the following snip of the part file code.

node_stack_top = 0.0,  0.75, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
//Add a negative to the 1.0 angle value in node stack bottom to make it attach correctly. 
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.75, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
node_attach = 1, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1

And having now tested it fully in flight, 100% fully functional.

This mod is technically 1.1.2 acceptable.

Edited by AdmiralTigerclaw

1 hour ago, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

I just went and grabbed this to check it as it was working back in 0.90.  So far, it looks like it still works in 1.1.2.  You do, however, need to go into the part file and fix a node value. 

//Add a negative to the 1.0 angle value in node stack bottom to make it attach correctly. 

Aw, shoot. I don't have an application to open the part file. :-(

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

I have a copy and used an updated (my work) version as recently as 1.0.5.

It uses mesh switching, with a dependency of firespitter I believe. If you have the latest version of that plugin, you should be golden.

I seem to remember the bottom nodes are inverted; everything should be fine otherwise.

Edited by Deimos Rast

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2016 at 3:16 PM, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

So you seem to know how this works, I have firespitter.dll installed properly and I have the airstairs mod. However, when I right click it doesn't give me an open option. I'm using 1.0 as I don't feel like updating my mods. Any ideas?

4 hours ago, JDarksword said:

So you seem to know how this works, I have firespitter.dll installed properly and I have the airstairs mod. However, when I right click it doesn't give me an open option. I'm using 1.0 as I don't feel like updating my mods. Any ideas?

Check your firespitter.dll version.  KSP changing from 1.0 to 1.1.x involved a major game engine upgrade from Unity 4 to Unity 5.  That caused massive changes to API that are reflected in most, if not all of the major dependency mods.  Such changes aren't backwards compatible, thus, you need to find and ensure you have an outmoded version of firespitter to go with 1.0, not any newer versions.

Otherwise, double-check your folders.  Airstairs has a note not to change its folder structure/naming when you install it.

38 minutes ago, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

Check your firespitter.dll version.  KSP changing from 1.0 to 1.1.x involved a major game engine upgrade from Unity 4 to Unity 5.  That caused massive changes to API that are reflected in most, if not all of the major dependency mods.  Such changes aren't backwards compatible, thus, you need to find and ensure you have an outmoded version of firespitter to go with 1.0, not any newer versions.

Otherwise, double-check your folders.  Airstairs has a note not to change its folder structure/naming when you install it.

I'm stupid, meant 1.1 not 1.0. I didn't change any folder structures, except for using the new version of fire spitter which has the same name and structure. I'll try to reinstall.

• 2 months later...

It's fairly safe to assume that the mod is dead.  Hasn't been updated since forever, the author hasn't logged on since 2014, KSP has been through multiple version upgrades in the meantime.

The license statement on the original post states that you are not allowed to redistribute models or textures without express permission, so re-hosting sounds like it's out unless someone can contact the author, which seems unlikely given that the author hasn't logged on in a couple of years.

Accordingly, locking the thread to prevent future confusion.  @cake>pie, if you ever happen to return and would like this thread unlocked, please let the moderator staff know and we'll be happy to open it up for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

• 7 months later...

@cake>pie , I see you were on the forums recently, and was just wondering if you still had plans for this mod?

If not, maybe consider changing the license to an open one, so someone else may "continue" this awesome mod...??... Or even just change it enough so others can redistribute it, as-is, if you dont want someone to "continue" it...

Maybe you could also consider hosting it on Curse or SpaceDock.info, yourself, as-is...

PS- Sorry, All... I tried PM'ing cake>pie a couple times in the past about this, but for some reason the forum software will not let me PM him... IIRC, Tex looked into it...

Edited by Stone Blue

I requested the thread unlocked, i.e. yes I am working on it.

The models require substantial rework -- due to changes in landing gear and suspension, the stair height doesn't match up to the current parts anymore. So it'll take a little more time. Patience.

Edited by cake>pie

0.8.0, consider it a pre-release.
Work to bring everything up to date continues.

V 0.8.0 released 2017-05-11
2.5m Airstair model reworked
- New stock-alike aircraft texture
- KAX texture reworked (WIP)
- Firespitter Bomber texture reworked
- Stock-alike capsule texture removed, pending rework
- normal maps removed, pending rework
- IVA Overlay mask added to placeholder IVA
- part cfg updates for new KSP features

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.