First Mun landing

I recently landed on the Mun for the first time, and thought, Wow, that was awesome (Acctually i jumped up and down and screamed like a little girl.) Anyways, im gonna share my story.

I had tried to get to the mun with mods, but i was only able to do it Vanilla. I had a 3 stage rocket that launched me into orbit around kerbin, then to the Mun. Desending to the mun, i didnt have enough fuel in my safety burn tanks that i needed, so i used my lander for 2 safety burns. I was almost out of fuel when i landed, and i slip about 100 M and screamed the whole way. when i came to a stop i didnt havve enough fuel to get home, so now its a lunar base. ( fun fact: the Crew is Bill, Bob and Jeb.) They all smile. ALL THE TIME.

I scarcely remember my first time, it was so long ago. Was a bit before .14 came out, and so I didn\'t have lander legs. Used the movable fins instead. It\'s still probably the most capable lander I\'ve built, actually, and certainly the largest. I aimed for one of the large dark spots on the mun (somebody on the forum had said it was flatter than the rest of the mun), guided it down, following the retromarker as carefully as I could. I remember that I forgot to use RSC, and so had a larger lateral velocity than I did in subsequent landings, but it was a stout craft, it touched down, I killed all power, and for the first time ever...nothing fell off of it. I rejoiced, showed anyone who I could find, and took off. Actually made it back to Kerbin too. I have a screenshot of it too.

screenshot1uf.png

these stories make me sad i have yet to land on the moon :(

Dont worry, i got really frustrated, Just keep trying! Watch tutuorials, they help a TON.

these stories make me sad i have yet to land on the moon :(

It\'s easy. Just keep trying.

My first landing was absolutely PERFECT. I came down in a good landing site with plenty of fuel and then ascended from the surface and made a nominal return and reentry.

I have the perfect rocket for the job and now with lander legs I should be able to do it right? Wrong, I botched the landing basically by losing control more than once and even flipping over. I almost made it with my first approach and was around 200 m away but I had a tad bit of horizontal velocity and I over corrected for and shoot up to 600 m and then all hell broke loose. I did see a Kerbin transit though but which I have pictures of(Too bad Kerbin doesn\'t block out the sun).

Recently landed on the mun a second time! 8) getting good!

This time i used probodobodyne and go a much more interesting story.

I was captured by the muns gravity, and with my genious design, i only had a lander to stop an excape orbit. I managed to put it into a stable orbit and left it be. Then, i check back later and decided to try a landing because the ships name was Mun base, not Mun orbiter. i set myself into a collision course and did 2 safety burns, all with my lander. i landed softly and only had about [| ] fuel left (AKA a tiny sliver) so i cant get home. Working on another ship to rescue them! (JK) :P

Working on another ship to rescue them! (JK) :P

If you need to rescue a craft from Lunar Orbit, it will require lunar orbit rendezvous. Fortunately, I accomplished this last night, but from the surface to an orbiting space craft at 100KM. My guide is here on the forums. People on youtube also have good guides on how to rendezvous around Kerbin.

If you\'re looking for tips then let us know where you go wrong and you\'ll get oodles of help. :)

@OP: Well done. :)

Thanks 8)