[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

I've personally been trying out an Overall Multiplier of 5, Build Effect of 0.25 (but I think 0.5 would be better), and Inventory Effect of 400. Makes new ships take over 30 to 50 Kerbin days to build and makes them not take less time until several builds have used the same parts, but makes the inventory have a bigger effect. Works pretty well for pushing reusability as hard as possible. I'm trying to upgrade my SPH so I can try using space planes for the first time, since they have such fast turn arounds (2 days probably, compared to 40). After a year I have yet to even attempt a Mun run. Did put up a satellite but forgot any science instruments. What a wasted month :D

edit: If toolbar is installed, it will exclusively use that, otherwise it uses the stock one. The sliders are just for show, they're nicer than raw floats but I couldn't find any way to get sliders like what the stock ones for courage/stupidity are. So it still looks really goofy. No kerbal editing allowed here :P

HAHA i thought you gave us a secret option to edit stats!!! DISAPPOINTED!!! :P

Those are good numbers I will steal them for my next career game. I too have never messed with spaceplanes until KCT. I have got one design to actually fly and go sub-orbital but it's sooo tough getting them to stay balanced.. i'm considering having some drop away SRBs for the big boost to orbit, but I dunno.. i have soo much to do this is like a second job (which is ok :) )

And from later I also run MCE and it works well with KCT, they compliment each other well.

Ohh and I just read an article about the new Space Launch System. Seems like NASA has a bunch of parts in their inventory and are trying to design a new launcher to incorporate them!! I can see the Kennedy Space Center inventory full of shuttle drop tanks and SRBs as they try to snap them together with new parts to cobble together that thing.

Magico

I have found an incompatibility between KCT and VOID. I've noted every time I simulate and revert to editor, simulate and revert to editor, simulate and revert to editor, simulate and revert to editor, simulate and revert to editor, simulate and revert to editor, and on KCT recreates an entry for VOID in the stock toolbar. I've had upwards of a half-dozen VOID entries.

Magico

I have found an incompatibility between KCT and VOID. I've noted every time I simulate and revert to editor, simulate and revert to editor, simulate and revert to editor, simulate and revert to editor, simulate and revert to editor, simulate and revert to editor, and on KCT recreates an entry for VOID in the stock toolbar. I've had upwards of a half-dozen VOID entries.

I'll test that out myself, but that sounds like an issue on VOID's end. If I can reproduce it with just VOID then I'll let them know. If it is indeed KCT specific then this is going to be interesting. It could be because KCT swaps out the persistence file.

Edit: Definitely related to KCT. Looking into it.

Edited by magico13

I'm also looking forward to trying it! One question: I notice that build times are sometimes preceded by "estimated." Is there any random variability in build times? I think it might be interesting if the build time were a range rather than an exact number. I wouldn't want too much random variation, but a little might be nice. Not a big deal to me either way; just curious.

With how often I have to recalculate build times (not very often, but still more than once) adding variations isn't as easy/useful as you'd think. Especially when editing vessels since the amount of time lost is directly proportional to the difference in the build times between the original vessel (which must be recalculated for vessels that are completed) and the edited vessel. The "Estimated" in the editor is left over from when I took over development in January (at which point little to none of the current version existed). In the build list the "EST:" time is based on the highest build rate.

It'd be a nice touch but at this point would be a good deal of work :)

I like it) Cool mod. Do you have any plans to do something like mass production of launch vehicles?

For example - I need to launch several parts of MIR station and I give an order to prepare 5 identical LV (based on subassemblies e.g.). Then I just mount modules on LV and it takes less time than the full assembly.

Sorry, I didn't see this post earlier. How build times currently work you can already do this (in fact, this is half the reason it's done the way it is). If you build a bunch of launchers and then scrap them you get all of those parts in your inventory. You can then go into the editor and take one of those launchers, throw a payload on it, then build it for basically just the cost of the payload. Alternatively, after the launcher is built you Edit it (press the asterisk button to get to the edit/scrap options) and add the payload on there. That may actually take less time (especially if you've built the payload already).

Update 1.0.1:

v1.0.1.0 (8/31/14)

- Made it so you don't have to be able to afford the vessel to simulate it.

- Fixed issue where you couldn't simulate in orbit with build times disabled.

- Made build list window not randomly appear when build times disabled.

- Hopefully fixed issue that nerdextreme on reddit had where something weird was happening with the toolbar.

Biggest things: don't have to be able to afford the vehicle to simulate it and you can simulate in orbit when build times are disabled (there was a bug that made it so you couldn't)

With how often I have to recalculate build times (not very often, but still more than once) adding variations isn't as easy/useful as you'd think....

It'd be a nice touch but at this point would be a good deal of work :)

Ah, not worth it, in that case. Variations probably would probably have little effect on gameplay, anyway, since mostly we'll warp to completion.

Still look forward to trying the mod. :)

went back into my main save, and for some reason KCT instantly completed one of my research projects that still had around 100 days.

I just had this happen to me with some ships that were in progress. I think it's caused by the UT drastically changing between the games, which KCT interprets as (current Ut- previous UT)= change in time, meaning LOTS of time can pass (for me nearly 2 years) in an instant. I should be able to fix that though now that I understand what the issue is :)

I have a problem with the mod. I launch one mission and everything works as it should. After landing a recovery KCT stops working and i can do instant launches. Have to restart game to make the mod work again. Has anyone else tried this?

I have a problem with the mod. I launch one mission and everything works as it should. After landing a recovery KCT stops working and i can do instant launches. Have to restart game to make the mod work again. Has anyone else tried this?

You are the third person to have this issue (and report it) but I haven't been able to make it happen (and no one has provided logs for me to look at), so I have nothing I can even attempt on my end. You may be able to disable the Launch button override (in the settings menu) and use KCT like it worked in the pre-releases (where you click "launch" or "simulate" from the main editor GUI and the launch button is totally disabled). If the launch button suddenly becomes clickable after the second launch when using this method then there is a very serious issue going on. I'd love to fix the initial issue, but it seems to be very localized and I have little to no information about it.

Sorry if I sound like I'm frustrated with you, I'm not, I just can't do anything about it without being able to either make it happen myself (it's been working fine for me and I did quite a few launches yesterday, even with a moderate amount of mods) or at least seeing an output_log file (which hopefully will display an error. If I could get logs from the three of you it would be better because then I could cross-reference the mod lists and determine if it's related to a specific one).

So if you can get me a log I'd be very happy. If not then I can only offer the alternative listed above (which may not work either. It's untested in this situation)

No no you dont sound fustrated at all. I guessed you wouldnt be able to find out with my limeted info. How to i find the log when game doesnt crash?

Have .... loads of mods installed. Will be a lot of work figuring out which is the problem :D

No no you dont sound fustrated at all. I guessed you wouldnt be able to find out with my limeted info. How to i find the log when game doesnt crash?

Have .... loads of mods installed. Will be a lot of work figuring out which is the problem :D

To clarify, you recover, then you do what? Go to VAB build a ship and hit launch, bypassing the build message? Or do you go straight to the launchpad and select a ship then hit launch?

The log that I (and any other modders) want to look at is the output_log.txt file which is located in the KSP_Data directory for 32 bit or KSP_x64_Data directory for 64 bit (if you, meaning anyone reading this, include that log file in your bug report and have almost no other information then the modder/KSP developer will love you forever despite the lack of other information). It is overwritten every time you start the game, so it has to be from after a session where the problem occurs (this info is also listed in the "Reporting Bugs" section of the first post and included in the readme file).

If I can get logs from multiple people with the problem then I can cross reference their mod lists (assuming they have Module Manager installed, which is likely. Pretty sure I can do it without MM, but MM gives a wonderful listing of all the mod dlls with their versions) to see if there's any common mods which I can install and test myself.

The log that I (and any other modders) want to look at is the output_log.txt file which is located in the KSP_Data directory for 32 bit or KSP_x64_Data directory for 64 bit ... <snip>

Ummm, okay, I don't seem to be getting an output_log.txt generated. BTW, this is a Linux install.

Ummm, okay, I don't seem to be getting an output_log.txt generated. BTW, this is a Linux install.

That file is found here for Linux: /home/user/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/Player.log

The VOID issue I can reproduce just fine, so I won't need a log for it, but thank you. If you're having the issue that others are describing where the launch button stops working for KCT after the first launch then I'll gladly take it.

In general, this thread describes where to find the log files in every operating system. Often the output_log.txt file is more useful than the KSP.log file (which honestly is totally useless for modders which makes me sad, same with the in-game debug log. Neither of them print stacktraces so you can't find out anything about errors, just that the errors happened) so you should generally include that one if you can.

In the x64 version does not appear buttons construction and simulation. More precisely, they appear, but very rarely and under unclear circumstances, is it possible to revert to the old buttons without losing Pack 1.0 and 1.0.1?

P.S.: Log file attach later + I will record video.

(ÑÂ) Google Translate.

P.P.S.: This mod is awesome, hardcore for hardcore gods!

Vayir: In the KCT settings menu disable the 'Override Launch Button' checkbox, this will restore classic build/simulate buttons to the KCT dialog in the VAB. (I am also on x64 and the launch button wasn't working for me)

Absolutely love this mod, it's easily in my top 5 for KSP, really happy to see this release.

It seems like most of the reports indicate the issue is with 64 bit KSP. I'll focus my efforts on that version to try to reproduce it. I had previously tried with 64 bit but it kept working fine for me, so maybe it's a combination of things or I wasn't triggering it properly.

Thank you lordyod for assisting Vayir, people working together saves me time, which means more time for other things (like bug fixing :P )

Edit: Got it! Not the fix, but did get it to happen. It requires recovering from the tracking station but I was doing it from in flight so that's why it wasn't happening for me.

Edited by magico13

Just send you a pm with a link to my log.

Thank you! I think I may have fixed the issue by moving the code that takes over the button to after the persistence file is loaded. In my testing this seemed to work. For whatever reason that code stopped activating when it should have, but it appears to be only in 64 bit KSP.

That's pretty much the only change in the update. Let me know if that issue pops up again!