[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

Magico13, your last comment was interesting to read, sorry to hear about the issues with the parts.  Is it possible to have a KCT 'lite' version without keeping track of parts.  Reason why I say this is because when this mod was current with the old .90 or 1.0, I love to use this mod solely for the reason time meant something.  Build, roll out and pad reconditioning means you have to plan things out better.  I never really cared if I had parts in inventory to decrease the time or if they made costs lower, it was all about the planning this mod forced you to do.  Time and costs are still there, so the parts aspect made little impact on me. 

This mod helped make KSP an absolute joy to play back in the day, thank you for work you put into it.  Im sure others would love the whole mod in all its previous glory to be compatible with 1.2.2 but I honestly would just love to have those 3 aspects back and for the game to have a sense of the passage of time and keen planning again.  KRASH, as you say, take the place of the sim testing KCT used to have.

Edited by CarnageINC

7 hours ago, CarnageINC said:

Is it possible to have a KCT 'lite' version without keeping track of parts.

There's a dev version for 1.2 that's exactly that. The only reason I never fully released it was because there were a few things I wanted to fix up in it first, and then I got distracted by other things and haven't gotten back to it. I'm trying to get back into KSP again since I want to get back to modding, as it's hard to sit down and make mods for a game you don't play.

Edited by magico13

14 minutes ago, magico13 said:

There's a dev version for 1.2 that's exactly that. The only reason I never fully released it was because there were a few things I wanted to fix up in it first, and then I got distracted by other things and haven't gotten back to it. I'm trying to get back into KSP again since I want to get back to modding, as it's hard to sit down and make mods for a game you don't play.

For what it's worth, I've been playing with the dev version for some time now and haven't experienced any noticeable bugs.  (I refuse to play a campaign without it-- it really adds a level of realism.   In fact, the only changes I would make-- which I am sure aren't possible without big changes in KSP itself-- would be to show the rockets moving out to the pad and visible multiple pads.)

1 hour ago, magico13 said:

I just finished rebuilding my PC this weekend and I reloaded KSP on Sunday morning. After adding ~120 other mods without KCT, i booted up a new career and starting launching rockets. I was slightly worried about using a dev build so i held off on KCT

After the fifth such launch i noticed that 17 minutes of in game time had passed, after half a dozen launches. It was then i re-realized i could not play without KCT.

I downloaded the dev build and played the rest of the day with no issues (besides me forgetting how rocketry works...). Thanks @magico13, for all you do. I could take or leave the part inventory, but having the ability to make time a resource is a whole new element that i cannot play without.

6 hours ago, MaxwellsDemon said:

For what it's worth, I've been playing with the dev version for some time now and haven't experienced any noticeable bugs.  (I refuse to play a campaign without it-- it really adds a level of realism.   In fact, the only changes I would make-- which I am sure aren't possible without big changes in KSP itself-- would be to show the rockets moving out to the pad and visible multiple pads.)

visible multiple pads would the awesome. :)

8 hours ago, Adriayn said:

I just finished rebuilding my PC this weekend and I reloaded KSP on Sunday morning. After adding ~120 other mods without KCT, i booted up a new career and starting launching rockets. I was slightly worried about using a dev build so i held off on KCT

After the fifth such launch i noticed that 17 minutes of in game time had passed, after half a dozen launches. It was then i re-realized i could not play without KCT.

I downloaded the dev build and played the rest of the day with no issues (besides me forgetting how rocketry works...). Thanks @magico13, for all you do. I could take or leave the part inventory, but having the ability to make time a resource is a whole new element that i cannot play without.

Thanks for the update on how its working, I'm downloading it now!

10 hours ago, magico13 said:

Great!  I'm so glad you made a version like that, wow I can't wait to give it a try!  WOOT WOOT!!!! :kiss:

16 hours ago, eberkain said:

visible multiple pads would the awesome. :)

Agreed, but out of scope for this. It'd require so much extra infrastructure for something that's basically just a visual thing. It would be cool to utilize Kerbal Konstructs for it, but I don't think that's something I'll do myself since there are many other things that are higher priority. I've definitely thought about it in the past though, and working with Kerbal Konstructs would probably be the best/easiest way to do it.

is there any way to get the world time, and thusly the build time to continue counting down while i build and design payloads an rockets?

basically is there any way to get the world/build/rollout time to count down while im in the VAB or SPH?

2 hours ago, ThePhoenixSol said:

is there any way to get the world time, and thusly the build time to continue counting down while i build and design payloads an rockets?

basically is there any way to get the world/build/rollout time to count down while im in the VAB or SPH?

Yep! Although it may not be working properly with the 1.2 version of KCT, I have a modlet called Editor Time that makes time still pass in the editor. It's super basic right now in that you define a multiplier in the config (1 second of real time is 10 seconds game time, for instance) and you can't change the multiplier in game (to time warp or pause while in the editor). Also, things like Kerbal Alarm Clock won't function in the editor, so you could miss an important event.

I have ways to fix all those problems, I've just been working on other things instead. If you want to check it out, there's a link to the modlets in my signature.

1 hour ago, magico13 said:

Yep! Although it may not be working properly with the 1.2 version of KCT, I have a modlet called Editor Time that makes time still pass in the editor. It's super basic right now in that you define a multiplier in the config (1 second of real time is 10 seconds game time, for instance) and you can't change the multiplier in game (to time warp or pause while in the editor). Also, things like Kerbal Alarm Clock won't function in the editor, so you could miss an important event.

I have ways to fix all those problems, I've just been working on other things instead. If you want to check it out, there's a link to the modlets in my signature.

ahhh thats perfect! thanks a lot. and even more happy to know you already know how to fix those issues, just a matter of time. and that tree toppler one is getting a download too. thanks a lot man, and keep up the good work

8 hours ago, ThePhoenixSol said:

ahhh thats perfect! thanks a lot. and even more happy to know you already know how to fix those issues, just a matter of time. and that tree toppler one is getting a download too. thanks a lot man, and keep up the good work

Editor Time isn't used by more than a handful of people as far as I know, so there just hasn't been any pressure to work on it. If there's anything that really bugs you about it or any features you really wish it had just let me know. I usually try to prioritize working on things that people mention since I don't have time to work on every little thing I think of :P

3 hours ago, magico13 said:

Editor Time isn't used by more than a handful of people as far as I know, so there just hasn't been any pressure to work on it. If there's anything that really bugs you about it or any features you really wish it had just let me know. I usually try to prioritize working on things that people mention since I don't have time to work on every little thing I think of :P

will do man. thats a good way of going about it, so good on ya.

4 hours ago, magico13 said:

Editor Time isn't used by more than a handful of people as far as I know, so there just hasn't been any pressure to work on it.

I just found out about it, and I like the idea.  Setting a high ratio of game time to real time could be a nice way to encourage reuse of existing designs.

4 hours ago, magico13 said:

If there's anything that really bugs you about it or any features you really wish it had just let me know.

I'd like to throw support behind KAC support and a "Pause" button to stop the passage of time, if you get around to it.

How can I install the dev version for 1.2?

On 11/2/2014 at 8:11 PM, magico13 said:

I Agree that these builds are unstable and won't complain when they break things https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0r5r56fhkeptbh0/AACqwRMt8-nr5gnVXt-BhWzka?dl=0

I did follow that link and unzipped to gamedata folder, but nothing happens

Edited by Bersagliere81

Still eagerly looking forward to this mod being updated! I find KSP so much more playable with it and now it's so tough to play without. Instantly building ships just feel...wrong!

Edit: I installed the indev version, however, I am confused with the whole launch button working. I know it's one of the things on the list to be fixed, but I wasn't sure how to build the ship (even in KCT) without hitting launch. I'm probably missing something obvious.

Edited by Bandus

@Bandus, I don't play the dev version. In the older builds the buttons were in the KCT window. Maybe the window moved off screen for you?

Edit: Also check the settings, that the override option is off (if it is still there in the dev version).

Edited by Rodhern

10 hours ago, Bandus said:

Still eagerly looking forward to this mod being updated! I find KSP so much more playable with it and now it's so tough to play without. Instantly building ships just feel...wrong!

Edit: I installed the indev version, however, I am confused with the whole launch button working. I know it's one of the things on the list to be fixed, but I wasn't sure how to build the ship (even in KCT) without hitting launch. I'm probably missing something obvious.

2 hours ago, Rodhern said:

@Bandus, I don't play the dev version. In the older builds the buttons were in the KCT window. Maybe the window moved off screen for you?

Edit: Also check the settings, that the override option is off (if it is still there in the dev version).

This is what it was for me. IIRC the override option was on, and KCT did not give me a build option while KSP allowed me to hit launch and it would launch immediately as well as add the craft to the build list. Toggling this option grayed out the launch button and i can now click on the build button in KCT.

7 hours ago, Rodhern said:

5 hours ago, Adriayn said:

This is what it was for me. IIRC the override option was on, and KCT did not give me a build option while KSP allowed me to hit launch and it would launch immediately as well as add the craft to the build list. Toggling this option grayed out the launch button and i can now click on the build button in KCT.

Sure enough. That did the trick. Thank you both!

On 2/28/2017 at 8:13 AM, magico13 said:

Agreed, but out of scope for this. It'd require so much extra infrastructure for something that's basically just a visual thing. It would be cool to utilize Kerbal Konstructs for it, but I don't think that's something I'll do myself since there are many other things that are higher priority. I've definitely thought about it in the past though, and working with Kerbal Konstructs would probably be the best/easiest way to do it.

Magico there might be an easier way than Kerbal Konstructs. Assuming that having different locations is more important than the visuals, then maybe something based off of KSC Switcher by Regex would be better. It does use KSC, but it puts the launch sites around Kerbin. It does allow different orientations and additions through .cfg files. UI is pretty well taken care of.... and the License seems pretty open. (Could keep it as a separate mod and just make it compatible with KCT if that is simpler.--  I would like that cause I want to run SRSS and that would let me have a KSC outside of Columbia >.>.... but yeah, up to you! :P)

Anyway, here's a link to Regex's mods, and I hope this helps.

Regex Mods

Really been jonesing for this mod Magico....  Thank you for your work! It is much appreciated!

3 hours ago, Fizwalker said:

Magico there might be an easier way than Kerbal Konstructs. Assuming that having different locations is more important than the visuals, then maybe something based off of KSC Switcher by Regex would be better. It does use KSC, but it puts the launch sites around Kerbin. It does allow different orientations and additions through .cfg files. UI is pretty well taken care of.... and the License seems pretty open. (Could keep it as a separate mod and just make it compatible with KCT if that is simpler.--  I would like that cause I want to run SRSS and that would let me have a KSC outside of Columbia >.>.... but yeah, up to you! :P)

Anyway, here's a link to Regex's mods, and I hope this helps.

Regex Mods

Really been jonesing for this mod Magico....  Thank you for your work! It is much appreciated!

The intent in the original message was for additional launchpads at the existing KSC, not at different locations. Kerbal Konstructs would just be used to load in the models (if new ones had to be made) and make them functional launch sites.

Funny that you mention KSC Switcher though, KCT is compatible with it already! Each KSC is treated as independent with regards to build queues, vessels stored, and upgrades spent, so you could have multiple launch sites each building things at once, and could have one specialize in planes while another specializes in rockets. There's a general setting in KCT to switch between each KSC having it's own full set of upgrade points (ie, if you have 20 upgrades earned then each KSC can allocate 20 upgrades) or for them to all share a pool (so one KSC might spend 15 of those upgrades leaving only 5 left for another KSC). KCT was part of RP-0, which is the career mode version of Realism Overhaul, which uses KSC Switcher.

43 minutes ago, magico13 said:

The intent in the original message was for additional launchpads at the existing KSC, not at different locations. Kerbal Konstructs would just be used to load in the models (if new ones had to be made) and make them functional launch sites.

Funny that you mention KSC Switcher though, KCT is compatible with it already! Each KSC is treated as independent with regards to build queues, vessels stored, and upgrades spent, so you could have multiple launch sites each building things at once, and could have one specialize in planes while another specializes in rockets. There's a general setting in KCT to switch between each KSC having it's own full set of upgrade points (ie, if you have 20 upgrades earned then each KSC can allocate 20 upgrades) or for them to all share a pool (so one KSC might spend 15 of those upgrades leaving only 5 left for another KSC). KCT was part of RP-0, which is the career mode version of Realism Overhaul, which uses KSC Switcher.

RO/RSS no longer uses KSC Switcher, and I assume RP-0 has followed suit. (KSC Switcher is last compatible with KSP 1.0.5 as per Regex.) That said, I had only skimmed the post about the launch site. Blah. Anyway, is that feature of KCT dependent on KSC Switcher or RSS/RO?  Oh and should I be using KCT 1.2.2 or 1.2.3 from the dev list? 

1 hour ago, Fizwalker said:

RO/RSS no longer uses KSC Switcher, and I assume RP-0 has followed suit. (KSC Switcher is last compatible with KSP 1.0.5 as per Regex.) That said, I had only skimmed the post about the launch site. Blah. Anyway, is that feature of KCT dependent on KSC Switcher or RSS/RO?  Oh and should I be using KCT 1.2.2 or 1.2.3 from the dev list? 

As of right now it specifically checks for the regexKSP.KSCLoader class. I could have sworn there was a version of KSC Switcher for 1.1 at least, maybe not updated by Regex though. If there's a new mod that does the same thing I should be able to update KCT to use it fairly easily.

11 minutes ago, magico13 said:

As of right now it specifically checks for the regexKSP.KSCLoader class. I could have sworn there was a version of KSC Switcher for 1.1 at least, maybe not updated by Regex though. If there's a new mod that does the same thing I should be able to update KCT to use it fairly easily.

KSC Switcher hasn't been updated past 1.0.5 as far as I know.... and RO/RSS might have integrated it.....  But I don't have to have KSC switcher for RO/RSS anymore either.... *Shrug* I'm just a user.... So... Yeah. Well, no it isn't integrated or SRSS probably would have more sites.... (RO/RSS is now working with 1.2.2 btw) Anyway, been drinking tonite so I'm going to shut up for now. :P