[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

you Know how it is, Goverment Bid for lowest Kontractor who end up Kutting Korners because they underKalculated the bribe er Kontract financial redirection package Kosts again leading to Kuts of nonessential numbers

Edited by [email protected]
Forgot some of the Ks (PS that was painful and I need to stop

16 hours ago, [email protected] said:

oddly I cant get this to work, when I get to the screen that says "Choose a preset" it does this....

I'll need logs. The first post on the page before this one has a link to the locations. Guessing it's a magicore version issue since it could be that the formulas aren't parsing correctly, but I'm just guessing without the logs.

Question about this formula:

ResearchFormula = "[N]*0.5/86400"
    Purpose: Defines how much science is earned for building vessels. Negative means disabled.
    Variables: N=number of upgrades of Research purchased, R=R&D center level, All "Crew Variables"

Has this been changed? Is there a vessel dry mass available? Or vessel build points? E: Is this simply a single award per vessel built?

Edited by regex

1 hour ago, regex said:

Question about this formula:

ResearchFormula = "[N]*0.5/86400"
    Purpose: Defines how much science is earned for building vessels. Negative means disabled.
    Variables: N=number of upgrades of Research purchased, R=R&D center level, All "Crew Variables"

Has this been changed? Is there a vessel dry mass available? Or vessel build points? E: Is this simply a single award per vessel built?

It is inherently multiplied by the BP of the vessel built. So a vessel with a BP of 86400 (24 hour build time at 1 BP/s) would generate 0.5 science per upgrade. Science is only generated once per vessel.

Is there some way to temporarily disable the interaction between KCT and ScrapYard?

Both mods work on their own in 1.3 but as soon as both are installed they create MASSIVE log spam (I'd upload my log file after the game crashed but it's 609mb). And it seems frm what I can see it's the interaction between the two that does this. Is there some way to disable this interaction in settings somehow? Until KCT is released officially. I'm using scrapyard for the Untitled Part Failure mod.

EDIT: Nevermind, It's not KCT or ScrapYard that is the problem.

Edited by ANWRocketMan
Figured out my issue

9 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

@magico13 do you think you could update the OP so the link to the dev thread is called "1.3 Dev Builds" rather than "1.2.2 Dev Builds"

Done. Also added a direct link to the last build for 1.2.2

On 6/17/2017 at 4:47 AM, magico13 said:

Also added a direct link to the last build for 1.2.2

Still cant play this game without ur 'construction time' so really hope that the version for 1.3 will be soon.

just waiting

I am using KCT with RO/RP0 and I have a query/minor frustration.

Why is it that build time of a rocket is dependant on the VAB build upgrade level at the chosen launch site ? In reality rockets aren't built at the launch site but at a central facility, but KCT tracks the upgrade level of the VAB and SPH site by site.

Is there a reason for this ? Am I missing a setting that could change this ? Am I generally just mistaken ?

Thanks so much @magico13 for this mod which is easily the best campaign mod out there. When I get my finances under control I'm going to be hitting a few peoples' Patreon sites I know that !

57 minutes ago, DC said:

Why is it that build time of a rocket is dependant on the VAB build upgrade level at the chosen launch site ? In reality rockets aren't built at the launch site but at a central facility, but KCT tracks the upgrade level of the VAB and SPH site by site.

Because the VAB is the closest approximation to a construction facility we have in KSP and it allows for natural progression since the player would be upgrading that anyway. Default KCT only uses the VAB level to restrict the number of build rates you can have (2 per level). I don't know what RP-0 decided to do with that, so if you've got a question about the RP-0 Preset you'll have to ask them about it. You are more than welcome to change an existing Preset or create a new one, if you're interested in that then check out the wiki as there are several pages talking about it. You can completely redefine the formulas that are used for everything through the Preset system.

On 6/19/2017 at 8:52 AM, magico13 said:

Because the VAB is the closest approximation to a construction facility we have in KSP and it allows for natural progression since the player would be upgrading that anyway. Default KCT only uses the VAB level to restrict the number of build rates you can have (2 per level). I don't know what RP-0 decided to do with that, so if you've got a question about the RP-0 Preset you'll have to ask them about it. You are more than welcome to change an existing Preset or create a new one, if you're interested in that then check out the wiki as there are several pages talking about it. You can completely redefine the formulas that are used for everything through the Preset system.

Apart from building levels, I find it a little harsh that I have to spend KCT upgrade points to improve build rates separately at every launch site. Might be useful to be able to put upgrade points into a shared pool that would give a bonus to all build rates at all sites, but at a lower rate than spending points on one site's build rate directly. Call it something like "production infrastructure".

2 hours ago, undercoveryankee said:

Apart from building levels, I find it a little harsh that I have to spend KCT upgrade points to improve build rates separately at every launch site

I don't have multiple launch sites, so I'm not sure this is what you want, but I use KCT in the "Upgrade free" default setting. It doesn't require any further actions other than the upgrades you'd already do. 

@magico13, are there any plans to re-implement the part stocking system? Some time ago, KCT used to store and re-use old parts, meaning that building same rocket again would be faster each time. Also science gains from building were diminishing each time to prevent science farming. But now every rocket build takes the same time, and makes same science gains. Just my opinion, but previous implementation made more sense...

1 hour ago, aluc24 said:

@magico13, are there any plans to re-implement the part stocking system? Some time ago, KCT used to store and re-use old parts, meaning that building same rocket again would be faster each time. Also science gains from building were diminishing each time to prevent science farming. But now every rocket build takes the same time, and makes same science gains. Just my opinion, but previous implementation made more sense...

It's been spun off into a separate mod:

55 minutes ago, aluc24 said:

I see... Wonder why it had to be removed from KCT in the first place.

Because it was hacky and didn't work too well so it needed a complete rewrite and putting it in a separate mod allows other mods to use it without having to make people use KCT (example below)

4 hours ago, undercoveryankee said:

Apart from building levels, I find it a little harsh that I have to spend KCT upgrade points to improve build rates separately at every launch site. Might be useful to be able to put upgrade points into a shared pool that would give a bonus to all build rates at all sites, but at a lower rate than spending points on one site's build rate directly. Call it something like "production infrastructure".

I mean, if you think it's harsh that you have more options than other people (assuming you're playing with the option where each site gets full access to the pool) then I can't stop you. With KSC Switcher you've got the option to make one KSC specialize in one type of construction and another specializes in another. Stock KSP doesn't have separate sites, that's only with KSC Switcher, and I've already added more support and options for KSC Switcher (a mod I don't use btw) than I need to. If you have a balance problem with RP-0, bring it up with the RP-0 folks or edit the Preset yourself. Or use a single KSC. I could have just made it so there was only a single KSC you could do anything with, even with KSC Switcher, which is essentially what it was before I spent a bunch of time adding support for mods I don't use.

@magico13 , a bug report for #26 build - not sure if it's fixed in KSP 1.3 builds. When in KSC, I open the KCT menu (Build List), and then open VAB or SPH tab, I get very low fps. Closing the tab or time accelerating restores fps to normal, until I open that menu again. This never happened with previous dev builds.

Edited by aluc24

1 hour ago, aluc24 said:

@magico13 , a bug report for #26 build - not sure if it's fixed in KSP 1.3 builds. When in KSC, I open the KCT menu (Build List), and then open VAB or SPH tab, I get very low fps. Closing the tab or time accelerating restores fps to normal, until I open that menu again. This never happened with previous dev builds.

How many completed vessels do you have? I'm betting it's the log spam due to calculating rollout non-stop. Try the latest version from SpaceDock since it removed that log spam.

Just now, magico13 said:

How many completed vessels do you have? I'm betting it's the log spam due to calculating rollout non-stop. Try the latest version from SpaceDock since it removed that log spam.

A lot of vessels. I suspected that had something to do with rollout. I just tried that version, and it worked fine. No lag. Thank you!