[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

Has anyone else encountered an issue with KCT and buildings with >4 tiers? Do any other career overhaul mods even do that? RP-0 does, now, and it appears to break KCT badly. :( We get infinite funds (ever-increasing) when upgrading, and pad limits are checked wrong.

@magico13 apologies if this has been fixed upstream of the 1.2.2 release; I didn't think to mention that in the github issue.

On 6/26/2017 at 10:20 PM, NathanKell said:

Has anyone else encountered an issue with KCT and buildings with >4 tiers? Do any other career overhaul mods even do that? RP-0 does, now, and it appears to break KCT badly. :( We get infinite funds (ever-increasing) when upgrading, and pad limits are checked wrong.

2 hours ago, sackfalte said:

having the same issue. #RO seems to be aware of it though :)

This should be fixed now in the latest build on SpaceDock and at the new automated build site for the 1.2.2 backports (and also fixed in the 1.3 builds). Let me know if you're still seeing issues, thanks! :)

9 hours ago, magico13 said:

This should be fixed now in the latest build on SpaceDock and at the new automated build site for the 1.2.2 backports (and also fixed in the 1.3 builds). Let me know if you're still seeing issues, thanks! :)

Hey, I just tried it, and now I have the following issue:

after I choose a preset and try to spend points on upgrades, the KCT window glitches, and the entire KSP interface becomes inaccessible (except for the Exit-button).

http://i.imgur.com/6GeOX6n.jpg

I had completely removed the previous KCT folder, and also removed the current career, and started a new one. the issue is persistent. :(

47 minutes ago, sackfalte said:

Hey, I just tried it, and now I have the following issue:

In the future, the log files are also recommended (posted to dropbox or other similar sites). Without the log I can only make general guesses.

My guess is that you've got an older build of MagiCore sitting at GameData/MagiCore.dll, which you have to remove and make sure you only have the latest one at GameData/MagiCore/MagiCore.dll. That would potentially exhibit those symptoms, but the log would confirm it.

Edited by magico13

Just now, sackfalte said:

my bad.

I'll try to replace the MagiCore.dll, and if that doesn't help, I will post the log :)

Alright, thanks! A lot of people have had that issue since the install directory for it changed halfway through 1.2.2 per the request of the CKAN folks.

1 hour ago, magico13 said:

Alright, thanks! A lot of people have had that issue since the install directory for it changed halfway through 1.2.2 per the request of the CKAN folks.

that was exactly the issue - I had the magicore.dll in the gamedata folder. fixed.

thank you very much for your quick help :)

@magico13

Having a bug with a recovered craft using 'recover active vessel' in KCT.  I can't seem to throttle it up, even though it's piloted and just sitting on the launch pad.  Is that anything you might be aware of?

Nevermind, was a mechjeb issue

Edited by Maxsimal

@magico13

Ok now I have a real issue - though it's very fringe.

I recovered a craft to a different launch site by doing 'recover to VAB' while I was locked into a different site.

This creates an issue where 

1. The craft thinks it is 'still moving on terrain' while in flight, so you cannot do any sort of warp
  2. The craft's biome remains 'launchpad (biome) ' no matter it's position or altitude. 

1 hour ago, Maxsimal said:

Ok now I have a real issue - though it's very fringe.

Hmm, I've got an idea of how that's happening but it'll require testing. I won't be able to fix it until I am back at a computer next week. You might just have to scrap it and just build a new one. Editing it and saving it might work as well as a workaround.

Hmm, I've got an idea of how that's happening but it'll require testing. I won't be able to fix it until I am back at a computer next week. You might just have to scrap it and just build a new one. Editing it and saving it might work as well as a workaround.

@magico13 Editting and saving didn't help.  I am rebuilding new ones, but the point was to avoid that :P   No worries though, like I said, a fringe issue.

6 hours ago, Maxsimal said:

@magico13 Editting and saving didn't help.  I am rebuilding new ones, but the point was to avoid that :P   No worries though, like I said, a fringe issue.

i had this problem (not sure it was do to KCT)

i found i can fix it by staging

wen i got to orbit, pressing the space bar to stage, made the problem go away

Could I suggest an option to not stop timewarp on launchpad restore completed? I find that I don't generally have much call to stop warping for that event for much of the game. As far as I've played in any case. 

1 hour ago, strudo76 said:

Could I suggest an option to not stop timewarp on launchpad restore completed? I find that I don't generally have much call to stop warping for that event for much of the game. As far as I've played in any case. 

You know you can select your vessel being build and warp straight to that?

1 hour ago, MatBailie said:

You know you can select your vessel being build and warp straight to that?

Yep, but doesn't it stop the warp if I'm doing something else as well? Like warping a ship out to Minmus it will stop the warp? Or is it something else stopping the warp and I'm just assuming it's the reconditioning finished?

Edit: I don't have it set to create KAC alarms either.

Edit2: Never mind. I'm deluded. Looks like what I thought was happening isn't actually happening.

Edited by strudo76
I'm an idiot

Question about the NodeFormula, I have the equation set to

max(43200,l([S])*86400)*30

which should handle nodes with a cost of 1 (15 days) and anything past, but the unlock time is always 0 seconds (it informs me that the unlock time is 0 seconds and I have confirmed the tech unlock times is enabled). Am I doing anything wrong with the equation?

Edited by regex

10 hours ago, regex said:

Am I doing anything wrong with the equation?

It looks like it should work fine but it sounds like something about it isn't being parsed correctly. Is there anything mentioned in the log? You could try replacing the l() with ln() since that should be supported now as well. I'll try to put that formula in myself later and see if it breaks for me as well. I think I usually put a space after the comma, so the fact that you don't have one could be the reason as well, in which case that's a bug with the parser.

It looks like it should work fine but it sounds like something about it isn't being parsed correctly. Is there anything mentioned in the log? You could try replacing the l() with ln() since that should be supported now as well. I'll try to put that formula in myself later and see if it breaks for me as well. I think I usually put a space after the comma, so the fact that you don't have one could be the reason as well, in which case that's a bug with the parser.

I'll report back tonight (11 hours or so) after checking/trying those things, thanks

Hello again! I just wanted to double check somehting - Reading your title indicates the most recent version of Kerbal this is compatible for is version 1.1.3, though both in reading comments here and visiting SpaceDock, you have an official release for 1.2.2, as well as a beta release for version 1.3. Is the OP outdated or am I missing something? :blush: