[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

1 hour ago, New Horizons said:

What is a "day" for KCT?

KCT follows the game settings, so if you have the "Display Kerbin Time" setting active then a day is 6 hours. If you turn that off then a day is 24 hours.

If you've somehow got a "day" defined differently then that probably won't work with KCT since it only knows of 6 hour and 24 hour days.

Edited by magico13

• 2 weeks later...

Getting a puzzling though relatively minor error, wondering if it's a known issue.   If not, will be happy to provide logs or whatever else would be helpful...

Over the last day or two-- not sure precisely when it started, but I don't think I did anything or installed anything new at that time-- I'm sometimes finding that when I launch a mission and fly it, when I go back to the home/KSC screen, the vessel I just launched is still sitting in the VAB, ready to be rolled out to a pad.  (?)  The first time I noticed it, I had a "new" Pad B under construction to add to the original Pad A, so I assumed that had something to do with it, but it's been recurring sporadically but often since then.   I haven't noticed a consistent pattern so far.   (If I don't need the duplicate vessel, I just scrap it and then feel a little guilty for having sudden extra Funds, but I can rationalize it away without too much trouble...)

Edited by MaxwellsDemon

1 minute ago, MaxwellsDemon said:

Getting a puzzling though relatively minor error, wondering if it's a known issue.   If not, will be happy to provide logs or whatever else would be helpful...

Is this with the 1.1.3 version or the 1.2.2 dev version? The only way I can think of that happening is if the persistence data isn't loading correctly, which would be a pretty major bug. Or if the vessel is just not being removed, which is also a fairly big deal. I'd definitely like to see logs if you can provide them, preferably with the "debug logging" setting active in the KCT settings.

3 minutes ago, MaxwellsDemon said:

Dev version.  I'll get some logs for you.

Alright. I know there was a build of the dev version that had this problem so make sure you're up to date. Build #15 should have fixed that issue.

I thought I was keeping up with the dev versions but maybe I slipped.  :blush:   Let me make sure I have the most recent, and if not, let me give that a try and see if I see the same problem or not.

***  ETA   It appears I did not have the most recent version.   I'll give that a spin and keep an eye on it.   My apologies!

Edited by MaxwellsDemon

On 16/04/2017 at 8:13 PM, magico13 said:

KCT follows the game settings, so if you have the "Display Kerbin Time" setting active then a day is 6 hours. If you turn that off then a day is 24 hours.

If you've somehow got a "day" defined differently then that probably won't work with KCT since it only knows of 6 hour and 24 hour days.

Using SSRSS, a 'day' is 8 hours long. Is there a way to adjust KCT so that it will be compatible?

39 minutes ago, Qwarkk said:

Using SSRSS, a 'day' is 8 hours long. Is there a way to adjust KCT so that it will be compatible?

I think I can get the length of a day out of KSP rather than checking for the Kerbin Time setting and using a hardcoded value. Cool thing is that it's a MagiCore change so KCT shouldn't need to change for it to work. Unfortunately some recent breaking changes made to MagiCore means new versions aren't backwards compatible with KCT 1.3.4, but it is compatible with the dev builds of KCT. I can backport the change if that's needed. I have to see if what I'm thinking actually works in the first place.

@magico13 regarding the "issue' that really isn't an issue that @New Horizons posted about.

Recently there have been some improvements in Kopernicus and Sigma Dimensions that allow the game to display game time relative to the rotational period of Kerbin (or simply the home body if it is replaced). essentially there is a day length multiplier built into Sigma Dimensions that allows you to slow down (or speed up) the rotation of Kerbin when rescaling it, Kopernicus then takes this and works some magic with the in game clock so that it and all maneuvers and contracts will display using this new value for the length of a day. For instance in my 3.2x game I am using a day length multiplier that gives me 11 hour days, this keeps the rotational speed of the planet close to what it is in stock. 

Now this has absolutely no affect on KCT, builds still take the same number of Kerbal - hours and the UI just displays the number of days assuming 6 hour days.

I assume you keep track of the builds via number of seconds, just like pretty much any other mod out there that deals with time, and then you have some division factor that is used to display the number of days/hours/minutes the build will take. How difficult would it be to expose this factor in a cfg file or make it editable in some way in the in game menu? I believe this would really be the only change necessary, as the builds would still take the same number of Kerbal - hours, there is simply more hours in a day now.

EDIT: I just saw that you are already talking about addressing this above, thank you magico!!

Edited by Akira_R

@Akira_R I am guessing that the change I suggested above would automatically work with those mods, since (if I recall correctly from working on BROKE) there's a "seconds per day" value in KSP that is likely set by those mods to get everything to display correctly for maneuvers and such. If I use that rather than a hardcoded value based on the Kerbin Time setting then it should just workTM. As it stands, KCT's display of time (internally it is all seconds, as you guessed) is actually handled by MagiCore which is the one with all of those hardcoded values in it. MagiCore doesn't have a config file and arguably shouldn't, but could be refactored to allow an arbitrary number of seconds per day to be passed along, in which case you could change it in KCT's config if I add that feature. But I likely won't add that config option if the automatic stuff works as I expect.

If you're up for testing things in the next day or so I'll probably have that up and running in a few hours, I've got some other stuff to take care of first.

9 minutes ago, magico13 said:

@Akira_R I am guessing that the change I suggested above would automatically work with those mods, since (if I recall correctly from working on BROKE) there's a "seconds per day" value in KSP that is likely set by those mods to get everything to display correctly for maneuvers and such. If I use that rather than a hardcoded value based on the Kerbin Time setting then it should just workTM. As it stands, KCT's display of time (internally it is all seconds, as you guessed) is actually handled by MagiCore which is the one with all of those hardcoded values in it. MagiCore doesn't have a config file and arguably shouldn't, but could be refactored to allow an arbitrary number of seconds per day to be passed along, in which case you could change it in KCT's config if I add that feature. But I likely won't add that config option if the automatic stuff works as I expect.

If you're up for testing things in the next day or so I'll probably have that up and running in a few hours, I've got some other stuff to take care of first.

Indeed that sounds like it should work, I would agree that the automagic method is much preferable I just assumed it would also be more difficult, i will definitely be up for testing, however I haven't updated my dev version of KCT for some time :blush: like probably since January, maybe even longer than that (not at home so can't check) will there be any save breaking issues? I know that at one point I had updated KCT and it borked up a save, which was luckily in the early stages of career, and I had to start over.

EDIT: actually now that I think about it I didn't update KCT I added KSC-switcher to an already started save which borked up KCT involvement with KSC-switcher.

Edited by Akira_R

@Akira_R I don't believe I've made any save breaking changes within KCT, but I don't recommend adding ScrapYard quite yet.

Adding KSC switcher to an existing save would result in no longer being able to access the "Stock" KSC. The fix for that is to rename it in the save file. It shouldn't break anything else though. I can't say that I've tested that in a long while.

Edit: MagiCore was updated on the build server. If you grab the latest KCT from the Beta build then it should have it already. That should hopefully use the correct times.

Edited by magico13

19 hours ago, magico13 said:

@Akira_R I don't believe I've made any save breaking changes within KCT, but I don't recommend adding ScrapYard quite yet.

Adding KSC switcher to an existing save would result in no longer being able to access the "Stock" KSC. The fix for that is to rename it in the save file. It shouldn't break anything else though. I can't say that I've tested that in a long while.

Edit: MagiCore was updated on the build server. If you grab the latest KCT from the Beta build then it should have it already. That should hopefully use the correct times.

Cool, hopefully I get a chance to give it a try this weekend

1 hour ago, Bornholio said:

New Magicore breaks RO/RP-0 version of KCT.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19_dhwSioZODCCtMFD0kZOtbmbg--ryoE0nzoWJL2cRc/edit#gid=1353744027

Should I upgrade to newest Dev or downgrade Magicore? 

I'll post a note in the RO page and on their Dev sheet.

There was a breaking change a few weeks ago. You either have to update both or downgrade both. You can go back to the previous release of magicore if you don't need the time change or the new event, or update KCT which should be pretty safe to update.

May's Patreon poll is now open until the 5th of May: https://www.patreon.com/posts/9607929

This is a poll where my patrons can decide what they want me to work on for the month of May. For April I focused on KCT and ScrapYard and was able to make significant progress on getting a working part inventory system up and running. A public Beta build of ScrapYard (rather than the Alphas that are available now) should be available soon (as soon as I finish some configuration work, which might take a few days with testing). What I focus on in May is entirely up to you!

I likely won't post when new polls are available on my threads in the future, but people may have missed that I started a Patreon last month so I am mentioning it again. I will make a post when I decide when the May live stream will be, since that's open to everybody :)

6 minutes ago, PrathamK said:

Download link for 1.2.2 plz

KCT is not updated to 1.2.2. There is only a dev version. Please stop going from thread to thread asking for a download link.

Edited by Galileo

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

KCT is not updated to 1.2.2. There is only a dev version. Please stop going from thread to thread asking for a download link.

BC, are other joking here. And get yourself some respect. I'm sorry to ask here.

On 4/28/2017 at 8:37 PM, magico13 said:

There was a breaking change a few weeks ago. You either have to update both or downgrade both. You can go back to the previous release of magicore if you don't need the time change or the new event, or update KCT which should be pretty safe to update.

Erm... feeling dumb here...

Where is this release? The latest one I see on github from the OP is from back in September.

I have a problem with this mod now. Whenever i open build list, this bar thing pops up, any help? (I had to take a screenshot of my screen since uploading it directly via PC would take ages.

U2S4Cv4.jpg

6 minutes ago, NSEP said:

I have a problem with this mod now. Whenever i open build list, this bar thing pops up, any help? (I had to take a screenshot of my screen since uploading it directly via PC would take ages.

What version of the game? What version of the mod? What version of MagiCore? Can you provide a log? I can't help without answers to those (at least the first three) questions.

1 minute ago, magico13 said:

What version of the game? What version of the mod? What version of MagiCore? Can you provide a log? I can't help without answers to those (at least the first three) questions.

I have KSP 1.1.3 installed, and KCT version 1.3.3.7 (lol), and MagiCore version 1.1.2. Looks like i am one update behind, maybe thats the problem.