magico13

[1.1.3] Kerbal Construction Time 1.3.4 (June 25, 2016) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

2915 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

you Know how it is, Goverment Bid for lowest Kontractor who end up Kutting Korners because they underKalculated the bribe er Kontract financial redirection package Kosts again leading to Kuts of nonessential numbers

Edited by Drakenred65@Gmail.com
Forgot some of the Ks (PS that was painful and I need to stop
1 person likes this

oddly I cant get this to work, when I get to the screen that says "Choose a preset" it does this....

cQy3SHx.png

16 hours ago, Drakenred65@Gmail.com said:

oddly I cant get this to work, when I get to the screen that says "Choose a preset" it does this....

I'll need logs. The first post on the page before this one has a link to the locations. Guessing it's a magicore version issue since it could be that the formulas aren't parsing correctly, but I'm just guessing without the logs.

1 person likes this

I've been using the dev build in 1.3 and have had zero issues so far. Everything seems to be working perfectly.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Question about this formula:

ResearchFormula = "[N]*0.5/86400"
    Purpose: Defines how much science is earned for building vessels. Negative means disabled.
    Variables: N=number of upgrades of Research purchased, R=R&D center level, All "Crew Variables"

Has this been changed? Is there a vessel dry mass available? Or vessel build points? E: Is this simply a single award per vessel built?

Edited by regex

1 hour ago, regex said:

Question about this formula:

ResearchFormula = "[N]*0.5/86400"
    Purpose: Defines how much science is earned for building vessels. Negative means disabled.
    Variables: N=number of upgrades of Research purchased, R=R&D center level, All "Crew Variables"

Has this been changed? Is there a vessel dry mass available? Or vessel build points? E: Is this simply a single award per vessel built?

It is inherently multiplied by the BP of the vessel built. So a vessel with a BP of 86400 (24 hour build time at 1 BP/s) would generate 0.5 science per upgrade. Science is only generated once per vessel.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Is there some way to temporarily disable the interaction between KCT and ScrapYard?

Both mods work on their own in 1.3 but as soon as both are installed they create MASSIVE log spam (I'd upload my log file after the game crashed but it's 609mb). And it seems frm what I can see it's the interaction between the two that does this. Is there some way to disable this interaction in settings somehow? Until KCT is released officially. I'm using scrapyard for the Untitled Part Failure mod.

EDIT: Nevermind, It's not KCT or ScrapYard that is the problem.

Edited by ANWRocketMan
Figured out my issue

I'm thinking of using this

Can someone link me the 1.3 recompile if it exists

29 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

Can someone link me the 1.3 recompile if it exists

@magico13 do you think you could update the OP so the link to the dev thread is called "1.3 Dev Builds" rather than "1.2.2 Dev Builds"

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

@magico13 do you think you could update the OP so the link to the dev thread is called "1.3 Dev Builds" rather than "1.2.2 Dev Builds"

Done. Also added a direct link to the last build for 1.2.2

1 person likes this

On 6/17/2017 at 4:47 AM, magico13 said:

Also added a direct link to the last build for 1.2.2

Still cant play this game without ur 'construction time' so really hope that the version for 1.3 will be soon.

just waiting

7 hours ago, Adoelrome said:

Still cant play this game without ur 'construction time' so really hope that the version for 1.3 will be soon.

just waiting

I'm playing happily on 1.3. DL link is in the dev thread.

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

I'm playing happily on 1.3. DL link is in the dev thread.

You almost made my day, man. remains to wait FAR and i can play it. ah!

1 person likes this

I am using KCT with RO/RP0 and I have a query/minor frustration.

Why is it that build time of a rocket is dependant on the VAB build upgrade level at the chosen launch site ? In reality rockets aren't built at the launch site but at a central facility, but KCT tracks the upgrade level of the VAB and SPH site by site.

Is there a reason for this ? Am I missing a setting that could change this ? Am I generally just mistaken ?

Thanks so much @magico13 for this mod which is easily the best campaign mod out there. When I get my finances under control I'm going to be hitting a few peoples' Patreon sites I know that !

57 minutes ago, DC said:

Why is it that build time of a rocket is dependant on the VAB build upgrade level at the chosen launch site ? In reality rockets aren't built at the launch site but at a central facility, but KCT tracks the upgrade level of the VAB and SPH site by site.

Because the VAB is the closest approximation to a construction facility we have in KSP and it allows for natural progression since the player would be upgrading that anyway. Default KCT only uses the VAB level to restrict the number of build rates you can have (2 per level). I don't know what RP-0 decided to do with that, so if you've got a question about the RP-0 Preset you'll have to ask them about it. You are more than welcome to change an existing Preset or create a new one, if you're interested in that then check out the wiki as there are several pages talking about it. You can completely redefine the formulas that are used for everything through the Preset system.