Duna Constellation mission pack. First V.10 rebuild craft pics (Altair lander)

I'm confused.. You used Overfloaters Astroliner for a.. Constellation mission. How does that work?

My Imagination just sparked....

Don't worry, I did not.

I was docking the 1st and 3rd launches together and I couldn't...

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, how do I get the Robo and the COMS relay to stand up?

I discovered two problems! I just got the crew down, and they are staying for 500 days. One of the crew members almost

died!

The plane will not work. It has no Reaction wheels. That means it can't escape from the Habi module. The other problem was that Crew can enter the habi, but can't exit. That caused a problem, so I hyperedited a Airlock out to the base. (Hey, if KSP cheats on me, I cheat on KSP.) Those were the two problems. The Kerbal almost dieing was because I accidentally crashed the SPR rover. Only the Kerbal outside was hurt, and that thing was incredibly sturdy. Thank you, that rover saved 3 Kerbals. The Copernicus is orbiting, the aeroshells are crashed, transfer stages are in random orbits, and the crew good on the ground. One of the best missions ever. Thank you for making this. It did take 4 hours though!

QuWMTTL.jpg

The crew are doing so well, I'll send them to Laythe after this. I only send my best to Laythe, and nobody comes back from there. That is because Laythe is the new hope for "Kerbality". They'll probably be commandeering a base like this one: 2SvoGa5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the crew visited the lowest spot on Duna! This mission is so great...

I discovered two problems! I just got the crew down, and they are staying for 500 days. One of the crew members almost

died!

The plane will not work. It has no Reaction wheels. That means it can't escape from the Habi module. The other problem was that Crew can enter the habi, but can't exit. That caused a problem, so I hyperedited a Airlock out to the base. (Hey, if KSP cheats on me, I cheat on KSP.) Those were the two problems. The Kerbal almost dieing was because I accidentally crashed the SPR rover. Only the Kerbal outside was hurt, and that thing was incredibly sturdy. Thank you, that rover saved 3 Kerbals. The Copernicus is orbiting, the aeroshells are crashed, transfer stages are in random orbits, and the crew good on the ground. One of the best missions ever. Thank you for making this. It did take 4 hours though!

http://i.imgur.com/QuWMTTL.jpg

The crew are doing so well, I'll send them to Laythe after this. I only send my best to Laythe, and nobody comes back from there. That is because Laythe is the new hope for "Kerbality". They'll probably be commandeering a base like this one: http://i.imgur.com/2SvoGa5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the crew visited the lowest spot on Duna! This mission is so great...

Absolutely fantastic news dude! I'm so happy you got them safely down to the surface!

The ion plane issue is a .90 issue. Squad removed the toque from the small probe core.. I will fix this.

The issue of not being able to leave the hab module is new to me. I did not encounter this.. Can you elaborate on exactly whats happening?

Is there a message saying the hatch is blocked or do they simply not get out?

This is a really tough mission man so major kudos to you!

MJ

Absolutely fantastic news dude! I'm so happy you got them safely down to the surface!

The ion plane issue is a .90 issue. Squad removed the toque from the small probe core.. I will fix this.

The issue of not being able to leave the hab module is new to me. I did not encounter this.. Can you elaborate on exactly whats happening?

Is there a message saying the hatch is blocked or do they simply not get out?

This is a really tough mission man so major kudos to you!

MJ

Thanks, and that is like the only thing I dislike about .90. It does say the hatch is blocked. I am returning the SPR back to the base, and that was a good expedition. Once again, your rover is rugged and I love it for that.

Thanks, and that is like the only thing I dislike about .90. It does say the hatch is blocked. I am returning the SPR back to the base, and that was a good expedition. Once again, your rover is rugged and I love it for that.

Yup shes a tough little rover! I cant see how it could be blocked.. It could be another .90 issue as it was NOT blocked in previous versions.. I will look into this.

When we get fairings I will completely redesign this so it has a lower part count. Again man, really good job getting there.

I am really happy you enjoyed it!

Yup shes a tough little rover! I cant see how it could be blocked.. It could be another .90 issue as it was NOT blocked in previous versions.. I will look into this.

When we get fairings I will completely redesign this so it has a lower part count. Again man, really good job getting there.

I am really happy you enjoyed it!

Thanks, it is a fun mission that more people should try. SPR-2 is going out in a couple of weeks

Great! How did the mission go? Did you bring them back?

Because for random reasons I hate leaving my Kerbals on long missions, so I do multiple missions at the same time using helpful Kerbal Alarm Clock!

• 2 weeks later...
Because for random reasons I hate leaving my Kerbals on long missions, so I do multiple missions at the same time using helpful Kerbal Alarm Clock!

Fair enough. Play how you want to play.

I have big plans for this mission pack after 1.0. I have made so many craft that I forget about and don't update.. So a partial rebuild will happen adding the procedural fairings to reduce part count and a complete rebuild of all the launchers.

I really want this to be my signature creation. Thank you to everyone who commented, rep'd and flew this mission. It was a major challenge to build, especially the landers. Getting the launchers to fly with the 90 degree payloads was tricky as hell too. So she deserves more love.

MJ

P.S For some reason my steam screenshots are no longer showing.. This may be a temporary Steam issue or something else.. I will look into it.

Edited by Majorjim

Fair enough. Play how you want to play.

I have big plans for this mission pack after 1.0. I have made so many craft that I forget about and don't update.. So a partial rebuild will happen adding the procedural fairings to reduce part count and a complete rebuild of all the launchers.

I really want this to be my signature creation. Thank you to everyone who commented, rep'd and flew this mission. It was a major challenge to build, especially the landers. Getting the launchers to fly with the 90 degree payloads was tricky as hell too. So she deserves more love.

MJ

P.S For some reason my steam screenshots are no longer showing.. This may be a temporary Steam issue or something else.. I will look into it.

No prob, and I agree that this needs more viewers! It is so good! You also inspired me to make a Eeloo mission. You'll find it eventually. I have big hopes for it...

No prob, and I agree that this needs more viewers! It is so good! You also inspired me to make a Eeloo mission. You'll find it eventually. I have big hopes for it...

That's awesome man! Post pics as soon as it's ready.

And don't worry, for what I have planned for this it will get more views. :cool: I will completely redesign the landers to look and operate the exact same way as the real proposed mission. Complete with the Sabatier reactor using the new recourses parts. That will make the launchers easier to redesign and fly.

I will still include the ion plane as it was too much fun not to include! I wonder how Duna's atmosphere will be changed by the update??

Anywho, with my focus on this project alone I should be able to do some really good work on this.

MJ

I really have to say this is the best interplanetary mission download in the spacecraft exchange. Well done on the first iteration and I greatly look forward to the things you'll do with the next iteration.

And also speaking of big interplanetary missions, I'm thinking of doing a big collaborative project with a handful of other craft experts. Probably to Laythe. Would you be interested if you aren't burned out?

EDIT: When I say big, I mean like massive 20-person realistic spinning hab module 5 year mission massive. I'll hammer down details if I'm able to get a good crew together.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I really have to say this is the best interplanetary mission download in the spacecraft exchange. Well done on thr first iteration and I greatly look forward to the things you'll do with the next iteration.

And also speaking of big interplanetary missions, I'm thinking of doing a big collaborative project with a handful of other craft experts. Probably to Laythe. Would you be interested if you aren't burned out?

EDIT: When I say big, I mean like massive 20-person realistic spinning hah module 5 year mission massive. I'll hammer down details if I'm able to get a good crew together.

It mean a lot to hear you say that man, thank you. I just have to wait for the 1.0 release.. I will start remaking the landers though.

I may not be able to offer much time to your new project but it sounds epically ambitious which I love! I am always around for advice or testing. And if you want me to build anything just let me know and I will see if I can find time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.