[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

http://i.imgur.com/L6RueTp.png

(flat shading used to better see the lines of the model, texture will obviously be more complex)

Because I'm still making it, sorry but the workflow to make a cockpit with an IVA is pretty torturous, I got the exterior design to a point I really liked, then exported the exterior and a placeholder interior with 2 kerbals where they should be, looked around and looked out the windows, it felt like a glass bubble with thin re-enforcement bands of metal around it, it's a common mistake though, your mind is very adept at filtering out what it's not looking for, if you sit inside a house, a car, a plane and you're looking out the windows your brain is very adept at filtering out the inside of what you're inside, if you make the windows the size and proximity you think they should be from the outside it's way overkill from the inside, so I had to re-adjust all the windows, all of them, which might sound like a small task, it's not, it involves the manipulation of 200+ polygons.

Re-adjusted windows seen from the interior:

http://i.imgur.com/iZulpNQl.png

http://i.imgur.com/g4uXDZMl.png

(pillar on the right not joined with the wall properly yet)

Don't worry Tav, I've made the black heat-shielded borders larger to shrink the windows a bit but the texture won't have heatshielding on the whole of those polygons, more like half.

What it used to look like for reference:

Can see the difference in the window geometry fairly clearly.

YAY! Cockpit updates! I love cockpits and can't get enough of them. Would you guys mind posting updates on their development whenever new stuff is coming along?

Also, what exactly is the benefit of the nose pointing down? I'm no aerospace expert.

Also, any chance we could see a cockpit with a cargo door on it someday, like the military planes have? It would allow cargo spaceplanes to put the engines on the back easier.

• Q: It doesn't work with KSP x64

We'll have to repeat the first answer here. There is nothing different about x64 KSP build from the modding support standpoint, so we can't do anything about it's performance. Reports indicate it is highly unstable no matter what mods you are using. Some people manage to make it work, but it might as well be a roll of the dice, and since nobody has any idea why it crashes so much.

With the fixes for the known 64bit linux bug: works like a charm. instructions e.g. here: https://github.com/godarklight/DarkMultiPlayer

KSP: latest

Problem: All B9 wings have lost all aerodynamics

Mods installed: B9 5.2.3, spitfire, the linked-to module manager

Reproduction steps:

Play with a jet with wings from b9. Show center of lift, and it will be on the ground

Log: I can't download dropbox because A) I can't install things unless my dad is home to put in a password, and B) I don't want to put dropbox on this computer

Edited by sal_vager

KSP: latest

Problem: All B9 wings have lost all aerodynamics

Mods installed: B9 5.2.3, spitfire, the linked-to module manager

Reproduction steps:

Play with a jet with wings from b9. Show center of lift, and it will be on the ground

Log: I can't download dropbox because A) I can't install things unless my dad is home to put in a password, and B) I don't want to put dropbox on this computer

What happened to the ATLAS engine? So.Many.Options!

Works here? Cannot reproduce.

Quick question: Is it a feature or a bug that intakes don't produce drag anymore (closed or open, doesn't matter), even the stock ones. Or is this caused by FAR!?

Do they open and close automatically now? Shouldn't be there at least be some amount of drag when open!?

Quick question: Is it a feature or a bug that intakes don't produce drag anymore (closed or open, doesn't matter), even the stock ones. Or is this caused by FAR!?

Do they open and close automatically now? Shouldn't be there at least be some amount of drag when open!?

Currently intakes in FAR don't create drag. That's likely to change in FAR 0.14.2, ferram4 has been doing research into it.

Currently intakes in FAR don't create drag. That's likely to change in FAR 0.14.2, ferram4 has been doing research into it.

Oh ok, so everything is nominal :D Thank you!

And also a big thanks to you for working on all that awesome mods!

Ive got a Problem on the B9-Heinlein,Everytime I run out of air,and i put it to switch automatically it doesnt,and When i switch to rocket Mode On the Last tank,there Is enough fuel But Not enough oxidizer,Its burn out on both sides,I Always use infinite fuel..I always Trying to succeed LKO ;) heres the Info: KSP 0.24.2 Mods:B9 Aerospace (Duh) Kerbaltek Squad and Nasamission,And Active texture management,PS:You guys keep adding B9 Aerospace_deprecated And removing it In Updates why is that? Will Provide any logs if needed.

bac9 packages the releases, i guess he forgets to remove the deprecated file.

the mode switch is a black box from the stock module we cant affect, nothing I can do about that.

No issues getting into orbit with it, though - in FAR/NEAR obviously. Climb to 22-23k, hold until speed tops out (~2000m/s?, mach 5.6), pull up to 15-20 pitch and switch mode at 26-28k.

I posted this in the Mechjeb thread

Hi I have a small problem when using the B9 Sabre Engines I am using Mechjeb Dev 322 and Near and the MJ plugin for Near, I fly the B9 Heinlen to around 20000m then hit the ascent guidance which then takes over flying the SSTO to the designated altitude the sabres switch from air breathing to closed cycle, MJ shuts them down to coast per normal but when it comes time to fire the engines up and circularize it doesn't restart the engine even though I get the burn cycle and time, engines do not restart automatically.

Any help gratefully appreciated

VG

Virtualgenius: we're using a stock engine module, blame squad/MJ. I use MJ all the time but I don't use it in that fashion, never had good results from the spaceplane guidance or ascent guidance in a plane. Surf 90 40-10 degrees pitch depending on which stage of the ascent you are in,40~ when climbing to alt, 10~ when building speed, then back up to 20-30 to raise your AP. I only start using MJ's autopilot stuff in a plane after I've gotten my Ap where I want it and I'm through enough of the atmosphere to make MJ turning the plane not apply enough drag to matter, then I just hit circularize at Ap

You messed up something with your install. Try KSP 0.24.2, 32 bits if you're on windows, with only B9 installed.

I'm having the same issue, tried several clean installs but the textures are overlapping and it's not possible to right click to change the subtype

I'm having the same issue, tried several clean installs but the textures are overlapping and it's not possible to right click to change the subtype

Picture of the location and contents of your gamedata folder please.

I posted this in the Mechjeb thread

Hi I have a small problem when using the B9 Sabre Engines I am using Mechjeb Dev 322 and Near and the MJ plugin for Near, I fly the B9 Heinlen to around 20000m then hit the ascent guidance which then takes over flying the SSTO to the designated altitude the sabres switch from air breathing to closed cycle, MJ shuts them down to coast per normal but when it comes time to fire the engines up and circularize it doesn't restart the engine even though I get the burn cycle and time, engines do not restart automatically.

Any help gratefully appreciated

VG

Is it actually aligning to the maneuver node? If not, do you have FAR's flight assistance controls on? For me the flight assistance controls prevent proper maneuvering outside the atmosphere, both for MJ and manual control. MJ cannot align the craft to the maneuver node and as such will never fire the engines. It seems to work once the flight assistance is disabled though.

Is it actually aligning to the maneuver node? If not, do you have FAR's flight assistance controls on? For me the flight assistance controls prevent proper maneuvering outside the atmosphere, both for MJ and manual control. MJ cannot align the craft to the maneuver node and as such will never fire the engines. It seems to work once the flight assistance is disabled though.

I am using Near are there Flight assistance controls for it, I am new to it as it was a dependency

I am using Near are there Flight assistance controls for it, I am new to it as it was a dependency

I don't have any experience with NEAR so I can't say for sure, but you might try turning those flight assistance controls off before the circularization burn. That's definitely been an issue for me with FAR...