[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

I'm on mobile so I don't know if it a known issue or not, in case sorry me.

In the developer version, the attaching nodes of the S2 Wide Body Cargo Bay Short are messed up, probably a 1.0 change not yet updated.

Good question, under download it shows a 734mb repository. I don't think that's it.

When I started the download it sent me a 72 MB zip file, which looks to have the right contents. 10:1 seems a bit too big a difference for compressed vs. uncompressed. A quick check shows that the particular parts I used to use have been updated, so I shall give it a try later.

I never got into the aerodynamics-heavy side of KSP. I can see a certain advantage in, eventually, having a B9-lite that focuses on the exo-atmospheric side of things.

Edited to Add: I am now pretty sure that the size quoted on the download page is uncompressed. Since it includes the source code, there's a lot of bytes in that. I did a quick test and got the expected results, a Kerbin-shattering kaboom.

Edited by Wolf Baginski

@ Wolf Baginski, you only want the files which are in the GameData folder. You copy the contents into your own GameData folder and you are good to go.

@Nansuchao fixed that, thanks for reporting :)

Of course not, ATM can't compress DDS textures and it doesn't have to either. DDS textures save more memory than ATM ever could. Frankly as soon as every mod has finally changed all the textures to DDS, the time of ATMs purpose is past. It was a useful tool as long as KSP didn't support DDS by default. Now that it does you might as well go without it.

Edited by Flashblade

Okay, I need some help. Essentially, I need to test how new PartModule (subtype switcher) is working on every MK2 and MK1 part included in the archive. Some of them contain as many as 16 subtypes.

https://bitbucket.org/bac9/b9_aerospace_plugins/downloads/B9_Aerospace_PSSM-01.zip

I decided to disconnect meshes from resources - it's nicer to be able to stack four different designs than to be forced to stack four identical ones just because you need a sequence of four LF tanks in your craft. Every visual has every resource preset available. I will probably introduce small resource-dependent visuals later, like minor colored stripe decals appearing on top of parts, but for the moment colors and seams indicate nothing about resources housed within. Some parts also have attachment node switching, specifically MK2 to 1.25m and MK2 to 2.5m adapters which have offset variations. Part descriptions and costs are placeholders and drag cubes for cargo bays are missing, the rest should be okay (resource amounts and all that), and if it's not okay, please do tell.

• Check whether all subtypes have correct number of resources for their volume
  • Check whether all subtypes have correct attach nodes enabled
  • Check how attach node switching works (reattach things, duplicate things etc.)
  • Check persistence, jump between flight and editor, save/load and so on

Edited by bac9

Okay, I need some help. Essentially, I need to test how new PartModule (subtype switcher) is working on every MK2 and MK1 part included in the archive. Some of them contain as many as 16 subtypes.

https://bitbucket.org/bac9/b9_aerospace_plugins/downloads/B9_Aerospace_PSSM-01.zip

I decided to disconnect meshes from resources - it's nicer to be able to stack four different designs than to be forced to stack four identical ones just because you need a sequence of four LF tanks in your craft. Every visual has every resource preset available. I will probably introduce small resource-dependent visuals later, like minor colored stripe decals appearing on top of parts, but for the moment colors and seams indicate nothing about resources housed within. Some parts also have attachment node switching, specifically MK2 to 1.25m and MK2 to 2.5m adapters which have offset variations. Part descriptions and costs are placeholders and drag cubes for cargo bays are missing, the rest should be okay (resource amounts and all that), and if it's not okay, please do tell.

• Check whether all subtypes have correct number of resources for their volume
  • Check whether all subtypes have correct attach nodes enabled
  • Check how attach node switching works (reattach things, duplicate things etc.)
  • Check persistence, jump between flight and editor, save/load and so on

Every time I switch the type of fuel on the Mk1 body the texture won't switch until after I reach mono propellent and click again to go back to the beginning. I wasn't sure if it was intended or if you knew already but I figured I would post anyway.

Every time I switch the type of fuel on the Mk1 body the texture won't switch until after I reach mono propellent and click again to go back to the beginning. I wasn't sure if it was intended or if you knew already but I figured I would post anyway.

As I've said, that's intended. It's as if four visually different identically sized parts with four fuel presets each were merged into one part, resulting in 16 subtypes.

bac9 is doing stuff and so am I. I just finished a basic implementation of Aero 1.x for the airbreathing engines. Let me repeat that this is in no way final. blowfish will create the curves to make the engines truly unique which are basically like the stock stuff now with very small adjustments. Since blowfish is very busy at the moment I can't estimate when these changes will be part of the dev version. If you want to play around with B9 engines now you can get the necessary files from my drop box. The speed estimates when you right click on an engine are way off. In FAR the commercial jet engines will be able to go mach while in stock Aero they will hardly even reach the speed they should as per the description. Also included is the fix to the attachment nodes of the s2 wide cargo bay.

REMOVED

Cheers :)

Edited by Flashblade
Has been included into the dev version.

Looking great! But speaking of which, do you have access to his repository? It would be better to just push the files there instead of using separate archives that might easily be lost once the thread turns a few pages.

It's already there, but it's not an up to date copy, I think :)

Very true, it is quite ouf of date at this point. We are a lot further along in the update process :)

Since I have write access to blowfishs repository I updated the To do list. This is where we are at:

B9 1.0.2 Compatibility Checklist

May not be complete

Already Done

1 Stack node adjustments by V8jester and M4ck

2 All textures converted to DDS

3 CrossFeedEnabler, Firespitter, JSI, KM_Gimbal, SmokeScreen updates

4 Recompile KineTechAnimation and Virgin Kalactic which have not been updated by their authors

5 Re-entry thermals should be good now

6 Cargo bays given new stock module and outer drag cubes applied

7 Wings should work in stock aero now

8 Intakes need rebalancing against new stock intakes

9 bulkheadProfiles done, HX icon requires FilterExtensions

10 Compressed air thrusters work without RESGEN

11 Reconfigure tech nodes for new tech tree

To do

1 Jet engine configs

- velCurve defines thrust vs mach

- atmCurve defines thrust vs density

- tempMachLimit and machHeatMultiplier set mach limits on engine operation

- spoolEffectName, engineSpoolIdle, engineSpoolTime not needed for B9 engines

2 Cargo bays still need inner drag cubes for stock aero

3 Possibly replace ModuleAnimateHeat with ModuleAnimateEmissive

+ basic implementation of air breathing engines for 1.x aero but this has not been merged yet and I am not going to do it myself. I want blowfish to review the changes. :)

Edited by Flashblade

Definitely replace heat with emissive module, emissive maps were authored to visualize working engine state, not to visualize overheat - old heat mechanics just happened to shift the animation high up very fast, but fundamentally weren't really doing the intended thing.

Definitely replace heat with emissive module, emissive maps were authored to visualize working engine state, not to visualize overheat - old heat mechanics just happened to shift the animation high up very fast, but fundamentally weren't really doing the intended thing.

I am getting on that :)

quick question, when this is updated, it'll be tested and validated against the new FAR as well, right? FAR and B9 have always gone together like peanut butter and chocolate, so I'm hoping that will remain the case? :)

quick question, when this is updated, it'll be tested and validated against the new FAR as well, right? FAR and B9 have always gone together like peanut butter and chocolate, so I'm hoping that will remain the case? :)

It already is the case. If we would only update this for FAR we would have way less work to do here. :)

It already is the case. If we would only update this for FAR we would have way less work to do here. :)

why not just do far first, release that, then release the other one that has support for both later?