[WIP] US Probes - Old and New - Dev Thread

raidernick

Here is a prerelease fix for the TDRS-K in preparation of the Launchers Pack Atlas V release: https://www./?3z54rc4ygy7c6j2

-Fixed solar panel shaders and specular

-Fixed Normals and smoothing

-Added main engine

-Reduced rcs thrust

This contains ONLY the TDRS-K and requires the rest of the US Probes pack to work. Merge this with a current installation.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, JJJacksonTyler said:

I've got no antenna animations. I assume that's a 1.1 thing? 

Does it say it supports 1.1? It says 1.0.5 on the release thread if you are using 1.1 you are out of luck until I update. I won't be updating until the REAL 1.1 comes out not the pre-release. You need to update the dependency plugins if you want to use it in the pre-release, that's not my job it's the job of the authors of those plugins. I'm not providing support for a pre-release because the entire point of it is to test out the stock game for bugs but people seem to be ignoring that and demanding authors fix their mods for it as if it's the actual release.

Edited by raidernick

2 hours ago, zenmetsu said:

I grabbed your newest commit from github and all appears to be working well.  Great job!  

As of right now all my stuff has been updated for 1.1 except for the reflection plugin. That is still broken and appears to be abandoned. I can't release without it as it is vital to my mods so I really don't know what I am going to do here.

Odd... it seems to run without the reflection plugin, albeit without reflections :)

Speaking of, I need to research that plugin.  I really liked the reflections in you mods, but my inner OCD demons were driven nuts by the static reflection cubemapping... i know KSP can handle realtime reflections, so maybe the reflection plugin will support that as well.

1 hour ago, zenmetsu said:

Odd... it seems to run without the reflection plugin, albeit without reflections :)

Speaking of, I need to research that plugin.  I really liked the reflections in you mods, but my inner OCD demons were driven nuts by the static reflection cubemapping... i know KSP can handle realtime reflections, so maybe the reflection plugin will support that as well.

I already have support for that, my mods come with mm configs to use texture replacer instead of the reflection plugin. Texture replacer currently works with 1.1 and you can use it but it causes massive lag and problems on some of the high poly parts. Also while I can "technically" distribute it with my mod, TR gets updated enough that it would be a problem to do that, which is why I want to use the other plugin,

Working on updating the surveyor to not suck so much. I redid the Star 37 to actually look like it should. Also I plan to make the pieces removable that make a difference between the earlier and later surveyor models. I will be resizing it to be the proper size now that I found reference for it. Finally, I am going to take another look at the landing legs and see if I can get them working properly with the new leg module in 1.1.

7bVk6hK.png

Real SRB for comparison:

Star-37.jpg

Edited by raidernick

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Irenicus said:

Are Mariner Probe (Mars Exploration) incluided in this pack?

This pack is a WIP with updates periodically, so far I have only done mariner 1 and 2. I will eventually do the rest and the rangers.

Okey:) Thank you :)  My missions to Mars awating :) Hurry up please! :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

PS. Thank you for amazing mod!

And if possible,.... do config for RSS+RO, please.

Edited by Irenicus

17 minutes ago, Irenicus said:

Okey:) Thank you :)  My missions to Mars awating :) Hurry up please! :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

PS. Thank you for amazing mod!

And if possible,.... do config for RSS+RO, please.

Hurry up huh? I guess I'll go work on some soviet stuff then. I'll get back to you on this within the next year or two.

Make rss/ro configs? It's not like I already make my stuff specifically FOR ro/rss or anything, that would be crazy....

Edited by raidernick

7 hours ago, raidernick said:

Hurry up huh? I guess I'll go work on some soviet stuff then. I'll get back to you on this within the next year or two.

Make rss/ro configs? It's not like I already make my stuff specifically FOR ro/rss or anything, that would be crazy....

This was a joke. I did not want to offend you. I really very wait simply Mariner 6 or others probe for Mars Exploration. 

Sorry about this.

Hello! Here is my Surveyor -1 probe. I do not understand, why when the engines is started (landing to surface) the Probe crazy  rotates around its axis. I cannot control the probe and landing.... Only this crazy rotate...  RCS not help me :(
I using RSS+RO.

d2dd97bdba3f.jpg

Edited by Irenicus

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.