[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

2 hours ago, sashan said:

Definitely. I've reverted back ty 1.8 edited by me exactly due to that reason.

Yeah I'm sticking with 1.8.1 for now as well. I've tried a few things to fix the problem with the more recent versions but nothing has worked so far, and I'd rather just be playing the game!

Does the following still work. I having trouble with it.

On 1/5/2016 at 11:47 AM, FiiZzioN said:

Ok, @Ven, there should be a pull request that'll fix the Science Junior / Materials Bay radial attach point + the top and bottom node to make the spacing a bit more even. 

As a temporary fix, I've gone ahead and uploaded a patch that will fix the Science Junior's radial attach anomaly. I'm just putting it here so people can use it until there's a new, official release of VenStockRevamp. The file that needs to and will be fixed through this download is the "Utility.cfg" file located at: "GameData\VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts". 

Simply install this like any other mod. It should ask if you want to replace one file - "Utility.cfg".

Here's the download link!

This little fix is being hosted Google Drive. Since it isn't used as much, as say, Dropbox, people aren't as familiar with it. So, if you can't find the download button, it's at the top of the page - dead center. 

I hope this small fix will help someone!

This is pretty terrible. Graphic improvements are completely irrelevant without proper nodes.

EDIT: I fixed this by simply removing the corrupted SC9001 completely. 

Edited by nobodyhasthis2

On 1/29/2016 at 2:46 PM, sashan said:

Suggestion: use old jet engine models from previous versions to create more jet engine variety. For example, here are small 0.625m afterburning turbofans made from old Turbojet. They really fill in the gap of an engine for small fighter.

12631039_843130072476326_811695907_o.jpg

Could you share this fighter?

On 1/30/2016 at 5:04 PM, nobodyhasthis2 said:

Does the following still work. I having trouble with it.

This is pretty terrible. Graphic improvements are completely irrelevant without proper nodes.

EDIT: I fixed this by simply removing the corrupted SC9001 completely. 

Don't know why it doesn't work for you... it works exactly the same, changing the defunct values to the proper values.

DM73Mrs.png

Edited by FiiZzioN

On 29.1.2016 at 2:32 PM, lazyranma said:

I've noticed that explosive decoupling doesn't work with modified solid fuel boosters. That is: upper stage booster doesn't destroy underlying boosters (or any other part).

Wasn't that a consequence of SQUAD's "highly elegant" solution for thrust reversal of the jet engines, that would lead to them burning away the craft they are attached to otherwise?

4 minutes ago, cfds said:

Wasn't that a consequence of SQUAD's "highly elegant" solution for thrust reversal of the jet engines, that would lead to them burning away the craft they are attached to otherwise?

That only applies to engines with thrust reversers (their exhausts do no damage). All other engines should have damaging exhausts.

Been playing with this mod, Univeral Storage and the community tech tree for a couple of days now - and am loving it.  However, I've just tried to use the new 2-man 'VA' command pod and, I'm not sure if either I'm missing something obvious, or I've managed to install someting incompatible.

It works okay in the VAB and looks fine, but on the pad, I see no kerbal protraits in the corner, the 'C' key doesn't go to an IVA view (not that that's particularly necessary) - so cannot EVA (the whole reason to take 2 Kerbals alone.) - am I missing something silly and obvious, like that part doesn't allow EVA's?  Though that doesn't explain why I can't see the portraits. Right clicking on the part suggests the two kerbals are inside though, just can't do much with them.

Any ideas where to start fixing this?

NB: Have just noticed that on the pad the command module is listed as 'Status: Locked' on the context menu.

Thanks
Wemb

Edited by Wemb

On ‎29‎.‎01‎.‎2016 at 9:08 PM, TeeGee said:

Ven could I make some part suggestions?

- Mk1 pod LES

Wouldn't mind getting behind this.

But to my own point:

Guys, could anyone waste five minutes and give me a step-by-step of how to revert to the more visually interesting 1.8-era model for the aerospike engine, and to rollback to the new stock sleeker Mk 55 Thud radial engine? I'm not sure how much stuff need to be deleted, especially for that last one (since I fear that I might mess up aerodynamics, colliders or attachment).

Edited by DDE

3 hours ago, Profex said:

I have a problem.

When i go to the part list, some of them are double. For example there are two mk16 parachute and they are the same! The only difference berween them is the Max temperature. 

PS i have only this mod installed

Did you install ModuleManager *.*.* ?

On 04/02/2016 at 7:25 PM, Wemb said:

Been playing with this mod, Univeral Storage and the community tech tree for a couple of days now - and am loving it.  However, I've just tried to use the new 2-man 'VA' command pod and, I'm not sure if either I'm missing something obvious, or I've managed to install someting incompatible.

It works okay in the VAB and looks fine, but on the pad, I see no kerbal protraits in the corner, the 'C' key doesn't go to an IVA view (not that that's particularly necessary) - so cannot EVA (the whole reason to take 2 Kerbals alone.) - am I missing something silly and obvious, like that part doesn't allow EVA's?  Though that doesn't explain why I can't see the portraits. Right clicking on the part suggests the two kerbals are inside though, just can't do much with them.

Any ideas where to start fixing this?

NB: Have just noticed that on the pad the command module is listed as 'Status: Locked' on the context menu.

Thanks
Wemb

I don't think an IVA has been implemented yet for this part, as well as the KerbCan. IVAs are quite complex to make. I'm sure Ven will do it eventually.

On ‎06‎.‎02‎.‎2016 at 1:53 AM, DDE said:

But to my own point:

Guys, could anyone waste five minutes and give me a step-by-step of how to revert to the more visually interesting 1.8-era model for the aerospike engine, and to rollback to the new stock sleeker Mk 55 Thud radial engine? I'm not sure how much stuff need to be deleted, especially for that last one (since I fear that I might mess up aerodynamics, colliders or attachment).

OK, I'm done with Mk 55, but while I have "ported" the 1.8.1 model, but it's experiencing issues with its bottom node (which is apparently a massive attachment surface now), and is permanently fitted with a shroud (which isn't left behind with a decoupler). It also seems to be only about 1 m in diameter, and a bit short.

I have also regained appreciation for the Mk 2 boost cover with the return of the Mk 16-equipped docking port.

Edit: posting problem code:

@PART[toroidalAerospike] {  @author = Ven
 !mesh = DELETE
 MODEL {
        model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion/Aerospike
 }
 %node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.7941136, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
 @MODULE[ModuleAnimateHeat] {
  %ThermalAnim = ToroidalAerospikeHeat
 }
 @MODULE[ModuleJettison] {
       @jettisonName = Fairing
 }

And

@MODEL,* {
  @model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineAerospike/Aerospike:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion/Aerospike:
 }

I tried deleting the altered node, but all issues persist. What has happened to the model?

Edited by DDE

Let me help you out as I did this not too long ago myself, the 1.8 era aerospike looks so nice.

Start with a fresh install of 1.9, I'm not sure what steps you've already made so best to start clean. Then navigate to your 1.8 download and under VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion find the 4 files that start with aerospike. Move these 4 files into the corresponding folder in your 1.9 install. Finally copy this into the engines.cfg under VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts in your 1.9 install

@PART[toroidalAerospike] { 
	@author = Ven
	!mesh = DELETE
	MODEL {
	}
	%node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.7941136, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
	}
	MODULE
	{
       name = ModuleJettison
       jettisonName = fairing
       bottomNodeName = bottom
       isFairing = True
       jettisonedObjectMass = 0.1
       jettisonForce = 5
       jettisonDirection = 0 0 1
	}
}

If you want to remove Vens Mk55 model simply remove this section from the same .cfg

@PART[radialLiquidEngine1-2] { 
	!mesh = DELETE
	!MODEL {}
	MODEL {
		model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion/Mk55
		scale = 0.7, 0.7, 0.7
		position = 0.0, -0.5, 0.0
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleGimbal] {
		@gimbalTransformName = Nozzle
		%useGimbalResponseSpeed = true
		%gimbalResponseSpeed = 6
	}
	!MODULE[ModuleAnimateHeat] {}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleAnimateHeat
		ThermalAnim = Heat
	}
}

Hope this helps :)

Edited by Chimer4

@Chimer4, I also had to add a bit of code in the PartPatches file (I assume that this is where the models are indicated).

My node was seriously wrecked; but while the fairings work as advertised now, the aerospike is still 1 m wide or something, so it doesn't fit flush with a 1.25 m stack.

Edit: I commented out my alteration in Engines-PathPatches, no effect. The smaller engine does seem to fit the inner rings of many objects, but I remember it being fully 1.25 m...

Edited by DDE

Sorry my bad I missed out a line in the code. This is the correct code you need to get the aerospike working and at the right size. I originally just copied the code from the 1.8 config and changed the stock node, but forgot to add in the rescale factor. Add this to the config and and nothing else and its all gravy.

@PART[toroidalAerospike] { 
	@author = Ven
	!mesh = DELETE
	%rescaleFactor = 1.2
	MODEL {
	}
	%node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.7941136, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
	}
	MODULE
	{
       name = ModuleJettison
       jettisonName = fairing
       bottomNodeName = bottom
       isFairing = True
       jettisonedObjectMass = 0.1
       jettisonForce = 5
       jettisonDirection = 0 0 1
	}
}

Also, if anyone is interested, I am updating the engines config to make use of FXModuleAnimateThrottle that engine glow now uses as of 1.05. So far I've done the LVT-45 and the aerospike. Would this class as a pull request on github? I'm only ever an end user on that site so I have no idea how it works really

Spoiler

bDnsY2w.png

Edited by Chimer4

23 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

I don't think an IVA has been implemented yet for this part, as well as the KerbCan. IVAs are quite complex to make. I'm sure Ven will do it eventually.

No, they do have their own IVA's, they're just not set in the config files. I found them and have been trying to figure out something else before I make a pull request that'll also include them. 

19 minutes ago, FiiZzioN said:

No, they do have their own IVA's, they're just not set in the config files. I found them and have been trying to figure out something else before I make a pull request that'll also include them. 

How did you do that? Can you help me get the IVAs?

Also, I'm not getting the revamped aero parts. All of the spaceplane parts are stock. I understand that the new models from 1.0.5 haven't been revamped, and I also know that the Mk2 and Mk3 parts haven't been revamped, but I thought things like intakes and precoolers were revamped, but in this case they're not. I installed through CKAN.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.