[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

3 minutes ago, Sebi99p said:

Yes ... but this means that VST isn`t updating the meshes ... so it uses the large model when it shouldn`t.

It's using stock modules to hide/show the meshes.  If those aren't being handled correctly then I think the issue is with Procedural Fairings.

On 05/12/2016 at 10:39 AM, Sebi99p said:

It has to do with the fact that this happens only to Ven`s enines. Anything else and Pfairings works fine.

Ah sorry I misunderstood the question. Does it still happen when you disable the second attachment point on the engines?

3 hours ago, Neoxon said:

Does this mod nerf certain engine or introduce new mechanics because I did a test with the swivel engine and this version is significantly weaker. This is my first time using the mod. http://imgur.com/a/YbxMM

There's a current issue where many engines generate more drag than they should.  Kerbas-ad-astra has submitted a fix.

8 hours ago, Felbourn said:

Yes, I got the same engine drag issue, and its solar panels panel throw exceptions and need to be updated too. They do not function for me for now.

The mighty Felbourn appears. We're not worthy! If you come up with a fix for this mod please post it!

9 hours ago, Felbourn said:

Yes, I got the same engine drag issue, and its solar panels panel throw exceptions and need to be updated too. They do not function for me for now.

Are you sure you've got the most recent revision from Ven's repo?  I submitted fixes for those.  (I've also got a fix for the drag issue in my KSP_1.2 branch, but that PR is still waiting on being accepted.)

No, I guess I don't have the right one, then.

I had gone here: https://github.com/VenVen/Stock-Revamp/releases
And this outdated one was the newest available: https://github.com/VenVen/Stock-Revamp/releases/tag/v1.9.5

I just now looked for repos you own and found: https://github.com/Kerbas-ad-astra/Stock-Revamp

I don't see a KSP_1.2 branch.

I did search your commit history and saw the problem I must be having though...  secondaryTransformName = suncatcher (I guess the field name changed)

So at least I learned something today, but still don't see the DL I need to grab. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 17.12.2016. at 4:41 PM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Are you sure you've got the most recent revision from Ven's repo?  I submitted fixes for those.  (I've also got a fix for the drag issue in my KSP_1.2 branch, but that PR is still waiting on being accepted.)

Can you link me your fixes ? I can't find them.

I'm returning to the game after a few months away. I just looked through the last 7-8 pages on the forum thread. To recap:

Ven has stepped back a bit from the mod, and Kerbas_ad_astra has released a stable community patched fork for 1.2 found here: https://github.com/Kerbas-ad-astra/Stock-Revamp/tree/KSP_1.2

There seem to be two minor bugs with this patch: a drag issue with the 900 and 909, and lander legs' models have been rotated.

There also seems to be an issue with the solar panels rotation, this can be fixed by editing their state (deployed vs retracted) in the save game file and restarting the game - I think this is an old issue, I've ran into this one in the past actually.

EDIT: BrunoTheMad pointed out there is an issue with the Flea booster being a bit OP.

Does that sound right? Am I missing anything?

Thank you to everyone for such hard work to keep this mod alive, I'm not sure my KSP experience could ever be the same without it.

Edited by nerf_hurrdurr
Additional info

I've got a weird problem, using the fork given immediately above (clean install). Basically, some stock solar panels are in their deployed state in the VAB; using the menu to extend and retract them works fine, but the deployed version just stays their on top. Some of the stock engines are also stuck with their fairing and bumper deployed, even when not needed. These things persist into flight mode.

I do have a lot of mods installed, so of course there could be a conflict there. Anyone have any other ideas though?

Thanks.

On 1/1/2017 at 11:34 AM, nerf_hurrdurr said:

I'm returning to the game after a few months away. I just looked through the last 7-8 pages on the forum thread. To recap:

Ven has stepped back a bit from the mod, and Kerbas_ad_astra has released a stable community patched fork for 1.2 found here: https://github.com/Kerbas-ad-astra/Stock-Revamp/tree/KSP_1.2

There seem to be two minor bugs with this patch: a drag issue with the 900 and 909, and lander legs' models have been rotated.

There also seems to be an issue with the solar panels rotation, this can be fixed by editing their state (deployed vs retracted) in the save game file and restarting the game - I think this is an old issue, I've ran into this one in the past actually.

EDIT: BrunoTheMad pointed out there is an issue with the Flea booster being a bit OP.

Does that sound right? Am I missing anything?

Thank you to everyone for such hard work to keep this mod alive, I'm not sure my KSP experience could ever be the same without it.

The drag issue should be resolved if you've really grabbed the latest version from that branch.  (I've also just pushed a commit that adds a CLS patch that had been left out.)

The legs were taken out of the main repo back when KSP 1.1 dropped.  Someone else on the forum dug up the models and fixed them, and there were a couple of 'interim' releases that had rotation issues, but those are resolved.  (But I haven't added them to my branch.)

I have a question and a sugestion.

The 2 nodes in the engines (with and without the tank butts) is 2 different models?

If is two different models, there is some way to use the b9partswitch to change the nodes model? this will fix the procedural fairing problem, the size of  stock interstage if you use the custom node and it is more easy to use. 

Sorry my very bad english.

2 hours ago, gilbr0ther said:

I have a question and a sugestion.

The 2 nodes in the engines (with and without the tank butts) is 2 different models?

If is two different models, there is some way to use the b9partswitch to change the nodes model? this will fix the procedural fairing problem, the size of  stock interstage if you use the custom node and it is more easy to use. 

Sorry my very bad english.

It's an idea.  One limitation is that the tankbutts could not affect drag cubes as ModuleJettison already messes with them.  The tankbutts would have to have the "Drag_Hidden" tag so that KSP doesn't see them when it tried to render drag cubes.

Edited by blowfish

14 hours ago, blowfish said:

It's an idea.  One limitation is that the tankbutts could not affect drag cubes as ModuleJettison already messes with them.  The tankbutts would have to have the "Drag_Hidden" tag so that KSP doesn't see them when it tried to render drag cubes.

A patch was already made by someone some time ago. Not sure how it holds up with drag etc, but it seems to work from a quick test i just did   http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83696-113-stock-part-revamp-update-195/&do=findComment&comment=2632341

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.