[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Why would you install windowshine and VSR at the same time? Windowshine is for the stock models, shiny windows will automatically come to you if you have VSR and texturereplacer installed.

Ven's parts don't replace many of the stock models with windows, and I'd like them to be shiny too, if only for consistency.

Ven's parts don't replace many of the stock models with windows, and I'd like them to be shiny too, if only for consistency.

Yeah, but as it is, it's either consistency in shininess or consistency in lights.

I have a config that makes WindowShine only affect the non-revamped parts, but I'm not sure where that should go.

Back on topic, is this still supposed to be compatible with stock (if you delete the "Part Bin")? Because it seems to be more and more steering away from that philosophy.

Also, funny thing, from what I can tell rockets made with this will fly differently than stock ones using NuFar. That voxelization is too accurate for my own good.

dear ven i have a problem the fearing from the rocket engins (stock) are alway on .And not only when conectet on a decoupler
try removing color coded canisters or only the ColorCodedCanisters-MM-engines.cfg. But backup your save as vessels that use those fuel tanks are deleted.
thanks that was the problem mod

Sorry for the late reply (I just noticed this). For the next version of CCC, I'm disabling the engine config by default, to help avoid conflicts with other mods. (I might even put out a quick hotfix for this)

Ships shouldn't be deleted. CCC doesn't add any new parts or change any settings; it only replaces models.

Edited by NecroBones

Yeah, but as it is, it's either consistency in shininess or consistency in lights.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean.

Anyway, I maybe figured out how to fix the issue by changing PartRevamp_TextureReplacer.cfg:

@PART[mk1pod]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]:FINAL {
!MODULE[TRReflection],* {}
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
colour = 0.3 0.3 0.3
interval = 2
meshes = Shine
}
}

I don't know what side-effects this could have, though, but it works.

Edit: made a pull request with the changes.

Edited by slikts

Sorry, I don't know what you mean.

Anyway, I maybe figured out how to fix the issue by changing PartRevamp_TextureReplacer.cfg:

@PART[mk1pod]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]:FINAL {
!MODULE[TRReflection],* {}
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
colour = 0.3 0.3 0.3
interval = 2
meshes = Shine
}
}

I don't know what side-effects this could have, though, but it works.

Edit: made a pull request with the changes.

Oh, I just commented out the affected parts. That looks a lot more code-y. Good job!

try removing color coded canisters or only the ColorCodedCanisters-MM-engines.cfg. But backup your save as vessels that use those fuel tanks are deleted.
thanks that was the problem mod
Sorry for the late reply (I just noticed this). For the next version of CCC, I'm disabling the engine config by default, to help avoid conflicts with other mods. (I might even put out a quick hotfix for this)

Ships shouldn't be deleted. CCC doesn't add any new parts or change any settings; it only replaces models.

Quick note-- I changed my mind. Instead, I'm setting up the engine config to simply not run if VenStockRevamp is installed (and same with the mk3 tank caps). I also tweaked the settings for the tanks in CCC a bit. And what's amusing is in my testing this morning, it looks like the fuel tanks come out with both the VSR and CCC models blending in a way that doesn't completely suck. In any case, running CCC with VSR doesn't make a huge amount of sense, since they attempt to remodel some of the same parts. But at least it shouldn't confusingly break things anymore. :)

I have just realised that there is an incompatibility with Porkjet's Stock Fuel Switch Patch - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/121321-Stock-Fuel-Switch

When using the above patch both the Oscar-D and Oscar-E, 0.625 fuel tanks revert to the 18 Liquid Fuel and 22 Oxidiser resource amounts that the stock Oscar-B tank has. I am pretty sure that the patch is applied to the Oscar-B values for all 3 tanks due to the .cfg for the D & E tanks pulling from the B .cfg. Using the above patch isn't very desirable anyway as its a bit of a dirty blanket fix for parts that having had been given Interstellar Fuel Switch compatibility. Therefore, for the next release, would the tanks be able to have the Interstellar Fuel Switch plugin added to them so that we can choose what kind of fuel we would like to have in the tanks? Now with the Nuclear rocket-motors running on only Liquid Fuel it would be preferable to do so as to not waste tank space but emptying Oxidiser but instead utilising all the space with Liquid Fuel etc.

Interstellar Fuel Switch - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117932

Does anyone know how I could acquire JUST the cupola revamp?

1. Download and install as instructed.
  2. Delete everything except:
    VenStockRevamp\PartRevamp_TextureReplacer.cfg (Delete it if you don't care about window reflections.)
    VenStockRevamp\PathPatches\Command-PathPatches.cfg
    VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\Command.cfg
    VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\Command\CommandPods\Clear.dds
    VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\Command\CommandPods\1-2pod_CLR.dds
    VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\Command\CommandPods\1-2pod_LUM.dds
    VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\Command\CommandPods\Coup_CLR.dds
    VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\Command\CommandPods\Coup_NRM.dds
    VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\Command\CommandPods\windowedpod.mu
  3. Edit VenStockRevamp\PartRevamp_TextureReplacer.cfg. Delete everything except lines 209 -216.
  4. Edit VenStockRevamp\PathPatches\Command-PathPatches.cfg. Delete lines 14-43, then lines 2-10.
  5. Edit VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\Command.cfg. Delete lines 85-185, then lines 1-62.

This mod is awesome! Keep up the good work Ven. I did have one question though, is there an easy way to have this not replace the stock parts in game but have both options available at the same time? I looked through the read me and this thread but couldn't find anything addressing that. If not, that's ok, I'm not afraid of trying to find out on my own.

I have just realised that there is an incompatibility with Porkjet's Stock Fuel Switch Patch - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/121321-Stock-Fuel-Switch

When using the above patch both the Oscar-D and Oscar-E, 0.625 fuel tanks revert to the 18 Liquid Fuel and 22 Oxidiser resource amounts that the stock Oscar-B tank has. I am pretty sure that the patch is applied to the Oscar-B values for all 3 tanks due to the .cfg for the D & E tanks pulling from the B .cfg. Using the above patch isn't very desirable anyway as its a bit of a dirty blanket fix for parts that having had been given Interstellar Fuel Switch compatibility. Therefore, for the next release, would the tanks be able to have the Interstellar Fuel Switch plugin added to them so that we can choose what kind of fuel we would like to have in the tanks? Now with the Nuclear rocket-motors running on only Liquid Fuel it would be preferable to do so as to not waste tank space but emptying Oxidiser but instead utilising all the space with Liquid Fuel etc.

Interstellar Fuel Switch - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117932

I have the same problem installing Nertea's Cryogenic Engines that uses Interstellar Fuel Switch to handle the LH2 without adding new tanks.

I have the same problem installing Nertea's Cryogenic Engines that uses Interstellar Fuel Switch to handle the LH2 without adding new tanks.

To get around this I currently have also installed MI's Modular Fuel Tank Expansion but despite being a very good mod in its own right, it bloats the footprint of the parts catalog somewhat.

I just had a couple ideas for you Ven! A short epiphany:

1. Fairing covered parachutes. For those "didn't quite go as expected" re-entries.

2. Stage-able solar panels. How many times have I forgot to open my panels after ejecting my fairings.

What do you think?

Not sure what proper etiquette is for this situation, but I made a pull request to correct an issue with the KerbCan wherein you can't EVA kerbals in the KerbCan because there's no crew portrait for them (because there's no internals entry in the .cfg).

Wasn't sure if this was just an oversight or deliberate, but if it's the former it's there if needed.

Edited by albany_

-y'know, snipping the picture isn't necessary anymore-is look cool can you add extras folder

1. Can you clarify your meaning a bit? I assume "is" is referring to the props, but what do you mean by "add extras folder"? If you mean that Ven should add them, then I'm sure he's working on it.

2. That is very large text. Any particular reason, or do you just like changing the settings around?

Edited by RyanRising

Hello! Does anyone know how to remove the tankbutts from certain engines? I would love to remove tankbutts from the 'Nerv' engine.

The engines with tankbutts should all have two attachment nodes. The second (lower) node will not add the tankbutt.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.