[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

In general docking issues with vens revamp for me occured by using one of 2 other mods. KOAS docking camera, which fixed the incompatiibility already. And indicator lights. Both mods make a ghost bumper appear, which prevented docking. Do if you wanna use vens revamp and having issues with docking, you also can try to update / remove these 2 mods, if you are using them.

On 27/06/2016 at 2:07 AM, AndrewZ said:

Hi, I just added custom vsr antennas to AntennaRange.cfg, but actually i don't know what means all these options. :D So, i calculated their by the cost (relative to the default antennas), maybe someone else knows how be better.. :confused:

Config right here:

// VSR
@PART[SmallFixedAntenna]:FOR[AntennaRange]:NEEDS[!RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]
	{
		@name = ModuleLimitedDataTransmitter
		@packetResourceCost /= 1.156967
		nominalRange = 7567425000
		simpleRange = 46018125000
		maxPowerFactor = 14
		maxDataFactor = 2
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleScienceContainer

dataIsCollectable = true
		dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
	}
}

@PART[mediumFixedAntenna]:FOR[AntennaRange]:NEEDS[!RemoteTech] 
{
	{
		@packetResourceCost /= 1.791242
		nominalRange = 11716050000
		simpleRange = 71246250000
		maxPowerFactor = 18
		maxDataFactor = 2
	}

MODULE
	{

dataIsCollectable = true
		dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
	}
}

@PART[largeFixedAntenna]:FOR[AntennaRange]:NEEDS[!RemoteTech]
{
	{
		@packetResourceCost /= 2.914213
		nominalRange = 29045000000
		simpleRange = 176625000000
		maxPowerFactor = 22
		maxDataFactor = 2
	}

MODULE
	{

dataIsCollectable = true
		dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
	}
}

@PART[LongDeployableAntenna]:FOR[AntennaRange]:NEEDS[!RemoteTech]
{
	{
		nominalRange = 4410000000
		simpleRange = 25200000000
		maxPowerFactor = 6
		maxDataFactor = 8
	}

MODULE
	{

dataIsCollectable = true
		dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
	}
}
// ...

Much thanks, that worked just fine!

I updated from 1.9.2 to 1.9.4 (see my above post) and now I'm running into an issue with the placement of some solar panels on previously launched probes. I used the rotate mode in the VAB to offset the solar panels in 1.9.2. They appear fine in the VAB in 1.9.4, but those previously launched satellites are a little buggy. The panels now "cut"/clip through the probe in the opposite direction of their surface placement.

While it's not a huge issue, the probes' panels still appear to have functionality, I was hoping someone might have a solution? I'm willing to do some save file editing, but without some initial advice or direction, I feel a little out of my element. These probes are for my RT relay network and I'd prefer to not have to re-launch.

Here is an imgur album to better illustrate the issue. http://imgur.com/a/J1Jjz

1 hour ago, nerf_hurrdurr said:

I updated from 1.9.2 to 1.9.4 (see my above post) and now I'm running into an issue with the placement of some solar panels on previously launched probes. I used the rotate mode in the VAB to offset the solar panels in 1.9.2. They appear fine in the VAB in 1.9.4, but those previously launched satellites are a little buggy. The panels now "cut"/clip through the probe in the opposite direction of their surface placement.

While it's not a huge issue, the probes' panels still appear to have functionality, I was hoping someone might have a solution? I'm willing to do some save file editing, but without some initial advice or direction, I feel a little out of my element. These probes are for my RT relay network and I'd prefer to not have to re-launch.

Here is an imgur album to better illustrate the issue. http://imgur.com/a/J1Jjz

I successfully fixed a similar issue by editing the save to retract the panels (change stateString on the panel from EXTENDED to RETRACTED) and re-extending them in-game.

If I transfer a crew member to an (inflated!) Kerbal Safety Bubble, their portrait disappears from the lower right of the screen. However, I can still right-click on the Safety Bubble and transfer them to another module, at which point their portrait reappears. Is this expected behavior?

I created a config patch that will allow the dishes to work with RemoteTech. Additionally I tweaked a few of the stats in an attempt to balance them better with the Stock/RemoteTech dishes.

// RemoteTech Compatibility Patch For Ven's Stock Revamp
// Author: Sandriell (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/profile/165509-sandriell/)

// Communotron 32 (Renamed: Communotron DTS-M2)
@PART[LongDeployableAntenna]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
    @title = Communotron DTS-M2
    @description = The bigger brother of the Communotron DTS-M1, the DTS-M2 is a deployable, power-hungry solution to most of your medium-range communications needs. Held together with extra-reflective ductape!
    @cost = 900
    !MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
        %Mode0DishRange =  0
        %Mode1DishRange = 1000000000
        %DishAngle = 20.0
        %EnergyCost = 0.95
        %MaxQ = 3000

%DeployFxModules = 0
        %ProgressFxModules = 1

%TRANSMITTER
        {
            %PacketInterval = 0.3
            %PacketSize = 2
            %PacketResourceCost = 15.0
        }
    }
}

// Comms DTS-M5 (Renamed: Communotron DTS-M5)
@PART[SmallFixedAntenna]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
    @title = Communotron DTS-M5
    @description = The Communotron DTS-M5 is a fixed, medium-range dish with a very narrow cone angle and high electric cost. The fancy, totally not made of from one of Jeb's mother's good bed sheets, covering will allow higher temperature tolerances.
    @cost = 1000
    @maxTemp = 2200
    @mass = 0.55

%Mode0DishRange =  0
        %Mode1DishRange = 5000000000
        %DishAngle = .05
        %EnergyCost = 1.0

%TRANSMITTER
        {
            %PacketInterval = 0.3
            %PacketSize = 2
        }
    }
}

// Comms DTS-M7 (Renamed: Communotron DTS-M7)
@PART[mediumFixedAntenna]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
    @title = Communotron DTS-M7
    @description = The Communotron DTS-M7 is a medium-range dish that offers a decent cone-angle at the cost of extra weight and electric cost.
    @mass = 1.10

%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%Mode1DishRange = 45000000000
		%EnergyCost = 1.10
		%DishAngle = .10

%TRANSMITTER
        {
            %PacketInterval = 0.3
            %PacketSize = 2
        }
    }
}

// Communotron 88-X
@PART[largeFixedAntenna]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
    @description = The Communotron 88-X is the chubby hotrod of antennas, fast, long-range communications can be yours in a bulky 3 meter package.
    @mass = 2.0
    @cost = 11000
    @crashTolerance = 10
    @maxTemp = 2800

%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%Mode1DishRange = 500000000000
		%EnergyCost = 3.40
		%DishAngle = 0.0065

%TRANSMITTER
        {
            %PacketInterval = 0.3
            %PacketSize = 2
        }
    }
}

Just need to create a plain-text file, I named it "RemoteTech_VensStockRevamp.cfg", and save it in "GameData\VenStockRevamp" or "GameData\RemoteTech".

Update: This has been submitted to RemoteTech and will be included in the next version, presumably 1.7.2

Edited by Sandriell

This is going to sound absolutely moronic, but, @Ven et al, I'm still using a pruned and customized 1.8.3. I've carried over the install from 1.1.2, thinking that the general lack of plug-ins should lead to few issues. However, as of, there seems to be a blanket issue of some - but not all - new parts failing to load: I'm seeing the Breeze and the large cryo tanks, but the solars and small radial tanks are gone.

EDIT: Sorry, I discovered that CKAN has left me with a Module Manager version that wasn't working at all.

Edited by DDE

4 hours ago, Salvator said:

Please, help. After updating KSP and this mod to 1.1.3 many of my solar panels are in a bad angle, most often they're 90 and 180 degrees rotated. How can i fix this?

Try editing the save file to retract the panels (change stateString from EXTENDED to RETRACTED) and re-extending them in-game.

On 4. 7. 2016 at 7:02 PM, npt said:

Try editing the save file to retract the panels (change stateString from EXTENDED to RETRACTED) and re-extending them in-game.

Thanks a lot, it worked. Although it was a hell of a job since i use RemoteTech...

Has anyone else found a discrepancy between the SoftShell Tank's stated masses, the config mass, and their actual masses?

For example: The Rocomax MK1 Softshell tank has a stated mass of 2.25t, a config mass of .15t, and yet Engineer Redux lists a wet mass of 2,530kg (included is the mass of an OKTO probe core) and 7,894m/s of Dv in vacuum. For Comparison, an FL-T400 has a stated & config mass of .25t, and when filled 100% with LF*, has the same mass and Dv value in vacuum.

*Note: I'm using the CommunityResourcePack Mod to select 100% LF, and not just reducing the amount of Oxidizer to 0.

@nerf_hurrdurr The mass in the config is the dry mass.  The stated mass in-game will include resources, unless there is some sort of part-switching config involved, in which case the part list info will not include the mass of resources, however KER/MechJeb/the stock engineer's report will report the total mass including resources.

Note that Community Resource Pack doesn't provide any switching on its own so presumably you're using another mod for that.

36 minutes ago, subyng said:

Anyone know how I can revert the Skipper model to the stock one, as it is currently incompatible with FAR?

Remove the engineLargeSkipper section from VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Engines.cfg

1 hour ago, nerf_hurrdurr said:

@blowfish: Thanks for clarifying.

Maybe they need to be re balanced then? The Softshell tanks cost more & have a lower collision threshold, yet provide the same Dv/Mass as the regular stock tanks. Is there a benefit (other than cosmetic) I'm missing?

It's entirely possible that they do, I haven't really looked at the specifics.  Note that cost is slightly different, the cost in the config does include resources.  But if the total cost per volume is significantly greater than the stock tanks then there's probably something wrong.

Edited by blowfish

On 6/27/2016 at 7:21 AM, Rob2222 said:

In general docking issues with vens revamp for me occured by using one of 2 other mods. KOAS docking camera, which fixed the incompatiibility already. And indicator lights. Both mods make a ghost bumper appear, which prevented docking. Do if you wanna use vens revamp and having issues with docking, you also can try to update / remove these 2 mods, if you are using them.

Just came across this post.  A comment about IndicatorLights (I'm the author):

I'm surprised to hear that it can cause a physical problem with any mod.  Not sure what you mean by "ghost bumper", but:  all that IndicatorLights does to the docking port is to add a few small additional meshes to stock parts (such as docking ports).  I wouldn't have expected those to interfere with any physical behavior, since the meshes deliberately don't have any colliders... but then, I'm more of a programmer than a modeler, so I can easily believe that my understanding of how that stuff works is imperfect.  :)

In any case:  there's a pretty easy workaround that will allow you to install IndicatorLights without breaking docking in Ven's mod.

IndicatorLights is modular on a per-part basis.  Each stock part that it modifies has a specific .cfg file in the "Parts" sub-folder inside the IndicatorLights folder.  If you have problems with any stock part that IndicatorLights tweaks (such as docking port compatibility issues with Ven's mod), you can just delete that part's .cfg file from IndicatorLights, and it will no longer be tweaked.  Doing that will have no effect on the rest of the IndicatorLights mod, so you can just surgically excise whichever parts are giving you trouble and the rest will work just fine.

(The real fix would be to add a compatibility patch, either to IndicatorLights or to Ven's mod, to adjust the position of the indicator meshes to make them compatible with Ven's models.  A few folks have asked about that previously, and the only reason I haven't done it is that I just don't have the bandwidth to tweak all those parts all over again-- it's a finicky process.  But if some public-spirited individual wanted to figure this out and spoon-feed me a solution, I'd happily add it to IndicatorLights.)  :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.