[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

On 5/26/2017 at 7:53 PM, GonDragon said:

I come here to say that the mod works perfectly in 1.3, without any further modification. Just remember to download the latest ModuleManager.

Are you sure? Everything seems fine to me to, except for solar panels. None of them can be retracted, and none of them provide any power at all.

9 hours ago, ForgiLaGeord said:

Are you sure? Everything seems fine to me to, except for solar panels. None of them can be retracted, and none of them provide any power at all.

Yes, I just tested it again to be sure. The retractable ones can retract, and all of them produce power.

The only problem I found, is that the Engineer can't retract the unretractable solar pannels, but that was also an issue in 1.2.2 (I just never relate it to Ven's parts).

5 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

@Ven great mod, I refuse to play without. This is just what I need to get back in the saddle and play stock. Can't wait

@Ven Since this is a part mod, would it be ok if I ran it in 1.3? Would it run ok?

On 2017-5-26 at 11:53 PM, GonDragon said:

I come here to say that the mod works perfectly in 1.3, without any further modification. Just remember to download the latest ModuleManager.

11 hours ago, KerbolExplorer said:

what we need now is to have this mod compatible with 1.3:)

On 27/05/2017 at 10:53 AM, GonDragon said:

Hey, so I'm seeing here that I don't need to wait for the mod to be updated on CKAN because it works with KSP 1.3. But while manually installing, I notice that the mod's GameData folder includes ModuleManager 2.7.2. I already have Module manager 2.8.0; is this going to be a conflict? I don't feel like I should have two MM versions, will Vens mod work with 2.8?

Thanks.

Edited by ItsSeanBroleson
I suck at grammar

37 minutes ago, ItsSeanBroleson said:

Hey, so I'm seeing here that I don't need to wait for the mod to be updated on CKAN because it works with KSP 1.3. But while manually installing, I notice that the mod's GameData folder includes ModuleManager 2.7.2. I already have Module manager 2.8.0; is this going to be a conflict? I don't feel like I should have two MM versions, will Vens mod work with 2.8?

Thanks.

Delete MM 2.7.2, keep 2.80. Vens will work fine with either but KSP 1.3 won't like 2.7.2.

The small Mk16 parachute is slowing a mk1 capsule a lot less than in stock. In stock a mk1 capsule falls at around 5-6m/s after the chute is fully deployed. with Ven's installed the same capsule falls at ~11m/s fully deployed. Nothing else has changed except adding / removing the Ven's mod.

Is this intentional? I haven't tested other chutes yet.

Edited by Tyko

17 hours ago, Tyko said:

The small Mk16 parachute is slowing a mk1 capsule a lot less than in stock. In stock a mk1 capsule falls at around 5-6m/s after the chute is fully deployed. with Ven's installed the same capsule falls at ~11m/s fully deployed. Nothing else has changed except adding / removing the Ven's mod.

Is this intentional? I haven't tested other chutes yet.

I believe so - the Mk 26 slows the capsule down to the 6-7m/s range

8 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

I believe so - the Mk 26 slows the capsule down to the 6-7m/s range

you're correct, so the parachute stats are reversed then. The Mk26 is described as a drogue chute, but slows a mk1 down to 4-5m/s deployed. The Mk16 is supposed to be the mail landing chute, but it only slows the craft down to 11m/s.

Their descriptions are backwards from their performance characteristics :)

14 minutes ago, Tyko said:

you're correct, so the parachute stats are reversed then. The Mk26 is described as a drogue chute, but slows a mk1 down to 4-5m/s deployed. The Mk16 is supposed to be the mail landing chute, but it only slows the craft down to 11m/s.

Their descriptions are backwards from their performance characteristics :)

It should be a relatively simple fix, then. Try swapping the dragcube block between the two parts & see what happens (but keep copies of the original .cfg files for safety in case that doesn't work)

44 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

It should be a relatively simple fix, then. Try swapping the dragcube block between the two parts & see what happens (but keep copies of the original .cfg files for safety in case that doesn't work)

yep...I wrote a quick MM config to switch them...shared below for anyone else who's interested. Hopefully it can be fixed in the next update.

Spoiler

@PART[parachuteSingle]:FINAL
{
    !MODULE[ModuleDragModifier]{}
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDragModifier
        dragCubeName = SEMIDEPLOYED
        dragModifier = 0.2
    }
    MODULE
    {
        dragCubeName = DEPLOYED
        dragModifier = 5
    }
}

@PART[parachuteSingle_drogue]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
        dragCubeName = SEMIDEPLOYED
        dragModifier = 0.2
    }
    MODULE
    {
        dragCubeName = DEPLOYED
        dragModifier = 1
    }
}

On 5/29/2017 at 7:56 AM, GonDragon said:

Yes, I just tested it again to be sure. The retractable ones can retract, and all of them produce power.

The only problem I found, is that the Engineer can't retract the unretractable solar pannels, but that was also an issue in 1.2.2 (I just never relate it to Ven's parts).

Right you are, my bad. There must have been some hiccup during installation, or some kind of mod conflict. It seems to work fine on its own, at least.

1 hour ago, Duck Kerbal said:

Does anyone have problems with docking? I can't seem to dock my ships together...

I only tested the Docking Port Jr, trying to do the weekly challenge, and works normally. With what size of docking port are you having problems?

Edited by GonDragon

10 minutes ago, ForgiLaGeord said:

With a bit of trial and error, I can confirm that either StockVisualTerrain or Kopernicus conflicts with Ven's. Removing the Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator (part of Kopernicus), and SVT folders fixed my solar panels.

I had this problem before. One of those things has a copy of Ven's within it for some reason. You can just remove the copy and the rest of the mod will work fine (assuming it was the same problem, of course).

16 hours ago, GonDragon said:

I only tested the Docking Port Jr, trying to do the weekly challenge, and works normally. With what size of docking port are you having problems?

I used the Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port (which is the second to the smallest port.

16 hours ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

And do you have the bumper deployed on one or both of them?

I have the bumper deployed on the ship I'm controlling.

11 hours ago, ForgiLaGeord said:

With a bit of trial and error, I can confirm that either StockVisualTerrain or Kopernicus conflicts with Ven's. Removing the Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator (part of Kopernicus), and SVT folders fixed my solar panels.

I will try that, thanks :)

5 hours ago, Duck Kerbal said:

I used the Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port (which is the second to the smallest port.

I have the bumper deployed on the ship I'm controlling.

I will try that, thanks :)

That's your problem then. The bumper is specifically designed to stop the ships from docking when it's deployed.

Just now, cyberpunkdreams said:

That's your problem then. The bumper is specifically designed to stop the ships from docking when it's deployed.

Ah that makes sense. I tried docking in sandbox with a little bit of help from the debug menu. Turns out I just need to hit it harder...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.