[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Hey @Ven, I really love your work. I was wondering if it was possible to make the battery models available again (the link seems to be broken). I'm trying to make my own AmpYear patch to make the reserve batteries use your models with blue bands and a blue point light. I've finished editing the texture, but the KSP .mu importer/exporter plugin isn't too friendly with certain aspects of the meshes.

Cheers!

Edit: Disregard, I was clicking on the wrong link the whole time

Edited by LemonSkin

1 hour ago, KerBlam said:

One more thing.

The *thingy* (I tried, I really did) that vens attaches to the bottom of the fuel tanks with some engines always disappears when I load a save. 

Okay, so the tankbutts are implemented using the same type of shroud as the one that covers the engine when something is mounted beneath it (the interstage shroud). When there's a scene change, such as reloading a quicksave, the game checks the engine, says that there's nothing connected underneath, and so removes both shrouds, instead of just the interstage shroud.

This is something that's been happening for ages. A solution I'd like is keeping those tankbutt pieces as separate parts, so that the user can mix and match them at their discretion, but it is what it is. :)

Anyway, I hope this helps you and anyone else wondering about this.

1 hour ago, CommanderSmith said:

This is something that's been happening for ages. A solution I'd like is keeping those tankbutt pieces as separate parts, so that the user can mix and match them at their discretion, but it is what it is. :)

Anyway, I hope this helps you and anyone else wondering about this.

There are a number of other mods that have tank/engine adaptors of various styles and designs. SpaceY I think, for example?

8 hours ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

There are a number of other mods that have tank/engine adaptors of various styles and designs. SpaceY I think, for example?

I know, but Ven's models are just too pretty, and they fit much better with the rest of the pack than a more stock-alike example.

6 hours ago, CommanderSmith said:

I know, but Ven's models are just too pretty, and they fit much better with the rest of the pack than a more stock-alike example.

Exactly this.. I'm actually very fond of the way these *tankbutts* (this is exactly the name I was looking for thankyou) make my rocket look... It would be awesome if this could be fixed.. Even if it was an additional part I would use it.  

3 hours ago, KerBlam said:

Exactly this.. I'm actually very fond of the way these *tankbutts* (this is exactly the name I was looking for thankyou) make my rocket look... It would be awesome if this could be fixed.. Even if it was an additional part I would use it.  

You could just use this: https://github.com/otaithleigh/VSR-B9PartSwitch-Cfgs/releases

It needs b9partswitch. But once you have it you can assign ven's tankbutts by rightclicking the engine. You'll have to reattach the engine once model changes, but the tankbutt won't disappear on flight reloads.

Hey, I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, but I found a bug with the PPD-2 Crew can:

The IVA model is rotated by 90°. Replicate by using the PPD-2 on a vessel and click the round button next to the crew portraits. Normal command pods show the kerbal inside correctly, but the inside model of the PPD-2 is rotated.

Edited by 15Redstones

6 hours ago, Ralathon said:

You could just use this: https://github.com/otaithleigh/VSR-B9PartSwitch-Cfgs/releases

It needs b9partswitch. But once you have it you can assign ven's tankbutts by rightclicking the engine. You'll have to reattach the engine once model changes, but the tankbutt won't disappear on flight reloads.

Be aware that this will break any existing craft because it renames the nodes.

On 6/29/2017 at 8:00 AM, KerBlam said:

One more thing.

The *thingy* (I tried, I really did) that vens attaches to the bottom of the fuel tanks with some engines always disappears when I load a save. 

Screenshot: lmjgeex.png

I wasn't able to reproduce this issue. (Haven't actually used Ven's to much.)  I loaded a game from the main menu and using a quick load.  Is this a common flaw, or somewhat random?

edit:  ...and I just had it happen.  That's disappointing.  B9 switch seems like a solution.  Should almost be included...

Edited by klgraham1013

20 hours ago, blowfish said:

Be aware that this will break any existing craft because it renames the nodes.

Is it necessary to rename the nodes?  Would it also work with e.g.:

@PART[liquidEngine2-2]:AFTER[VenStockRevamp]
{
	!MODULE[ModuleJettison],1 {}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
		moduleID = meshSwitch
		switcherDescription = Structure
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = Size1
			node = top
		}
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = Size2
			transform = Size2B
			node = top2
		}
	}
}

5 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Is it necessary to rename the nodes?  Would it also work with e.g.:

If I recall, the problem is that it'll match any nodes containing a particular string, so "top" will match "top2".  In retrospect this was a pretty bad idea, and I should have implemented this correctly myself rather than just taking the most convenient method that KSP was willing to give me.

A suggestion if I may be so bold.  In the next version, could fuel tank and engine models and textures be placed in separate folders?  As opposed to having both in the propulsion folder.  As lovely as Ven's tanks are, I do enjoy NecroBones work as well, and being able to easily delete only the tank files from Ven's would be a blessing to my paltry 8GBs of ram.

On 6/30/2017 at 2:20 PM, Skylon said:

Oh yeah! Oh god yeah! Mmmmmm that's good! There's more? Oh yeah!

-Me scrolling through the parts

Im not even going to question this because it may upset the mods.

-Edit: Didnt see the thing in the corner. -_________-

Edited by Starslinger999

Hello everyone! Can anyone tell what folder named "PathPatches" actually does?

code example from it:

@PART[*]:FOR[zzzVSRPathPatch] {
	@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Aero/wingletAV-T1/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Aero/AV-T1:
	}
	@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Aero/aerodynamicNoseCone/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Aero/Nosecone:
	}
	@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Aero/protectiveRocketNoseMk7/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Aero/LargeNosecone:
	}
	@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Aero/wingletAV-R8/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Aero/AV-R8:
	}
	@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Aero/wingletDeltaDeluxe/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Aero/DDWinglet:
	}
	@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Structural/adapterLargeSmallBi/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Aero/2mBiAdapter:
	}
	@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Structural/adapterLargeSmallQuad/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Aero/2mQuadAdapter:
	}
	@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Structural/adapterLargeSmallTri/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Aero/2mTriAdapter:
	}
	@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Utility/stackTriCoupler/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Aero/1mTriAdapter:
	}
	@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Utility/stackQuadCoupler/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Aero/1mQuadAdapter:
	}
	@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Utility/stackBiCoupler/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Aero/1mBiAdapter:
	}
	@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Aero/basicFin/basicFin:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Aero/BasicFin:
	}
	@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Aero/fairings/fairingSize1:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Fairings/fairingSize1:
	}
	@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Aero/fairings/fairingSize2:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Fairings/fairingSize2:
	}
	@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Aero/fairings/fairingSize3:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Fairings/fairingSize3:
	}

@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing] {
		@TextureURL ^= :^Squad/Parts/Aero/fairings/fairings_diff:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Fairings/fairings_diff:
	}
}

Tried to delete it and looks like everything work without... May be some old leftovers?

Edited by evileye.x

2 minutes ago, EthanKerbman said:

@evileye.x, it's meant to replace any duplicate (either standalone or as part of a composite part) of the stock part by its VSR variant.

But 

@PART[*]:FOR[zzzVSRPathPatch]

mean it will not work without zzzVSRPathPatch folder, does not it?

Edited by evileye.x

@evileye.x, TL;DR : NEEDS is to control for a dependency, FOR, BEFORE and AFTER to enforce an order of execution.

No, FOR is not an alias for NEEDS, it's only there (in this case) to ensure it executes after most other patches, because when there is a FOR clause, they are executed in alphabetical order (FOR also serves to control the order, with BEFORE being executed first, then FOR, then AFTER).

For instance, if you have a BEFORE[zzzVSRPathPatch] patch, it will execute before the FOR[zzzVSRPathPatch]. Likewise an AFTER[zzzVSRPathPatch] will execute after FOR[zzzVSRPathPatch]. Finally, if there was a patch name declared as yyyVSRPathPatch for example, the BEFORE[yyyVSRPathPatch], FOR[yyyVSRPathPatch] and AFTER[yyyVSRPathPatch] patches would execute before any of the zzzVSRPathPatch ones, because they are before it in alphabetical order.

Edited by EthanKerbman

6 hours ago, EthanKerbman said:

Of course, because it's meant to apply to others mods so they use the revamp models instead of stock ones.

Oh, now I see where those 20000 MM patches comes from, LOL. I was too dumb to realize that this patch run through ALL the parts in ALL mods. Thanks.

Anyway, deleting it :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.