[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Are you tired of your planes and rockets looking like a muddy mess as they crash into the ground? This is Ven, and I'm here to help! With this part pack, your rockets/planes/ race-cars will look at least 20% cooler as they tumble into the ground!

This part pack replaces several of the stock textures and models, hopefully making them more beautiful in the process.

Pictures

And best of all, it doesn't mess with the proportions of the 98% of the models, so your old ships won't be broken or obsolete.

Changes: Its now more efficient to say what isn't done, instead of what is! So first what isn't:

• The wheels
  • Landing Gear

With that over with here's a brief list of the things that are finished:

Spoiler

-Aero: All of the old, non-Porky parts are done

-Command: All revamped command pods have glowing windows, better textures and better collision boxes (no more twitching or misalignment when placing parts and 90 and 45 degree angles). Currently finished parts Include:

• The MK2 Lander Can.
  • The MK1 Lander Can.
  • The Cupola.
  • The 1-2 pod with better hatch placement (No longer asymmetrical!). Now has functional RCS ports!
  • The Crew can.
  • The Mk1 pod.

-Engines: All engines have been remade:

• More realistic gimbals
  • Most are now tankbuttless
  • Detailed models
  • Added several new engines, varying from the lightweight Breeze monopropellant thruster, to the massive LFO burning Bollard!
  • Added The Nova; a 2.5 meter, quad nuclear rocket made for larger space worthy craft!

-Electrical: All of the electrical parts are now finished:

• Redone, high detail solar panels!
  • Redone lights with modeled internals and brush guards!
  • High detail batteries!
  • Two new solar panels, ultra small and medium sized panels!
  • New Fuel Cells, that glow when active!

-Fuel Tanks: Every single tank (excluding the aircraft tanks) have been remodeled and textured. The new tanks now:

• They actually have tanks now! Fuel drum syndrome begone!
  • Reuse textures across multiple models!
  • Extended the 0.625 meter line of tanks!
  • Added a new line of 2.5 meter orange tanks, their bigger and better than before!
  • Added 5 new LF-Only rocket fuel tanks! Perfect for orbital applications!

-Structural: a large number of the structural parts have been remade.

• Structural Panels (angled panel included)!
  • I-beams
  • More Cubic Struts, cubic adapters, corner pieces, cargo bays...
  • New Rockomax, Kerbodyne and Jeb Adapters!
  • New Station Hub + a new 2.5 Meter hub!

-Utility:

• New parachutes and textures! Now more realistically sized!
  • New docking ports (With lights and soft-docking bumpers!)
  • All of the separators and decouplers are finished!
  • SAS units are done!
  • New non-slip glowing ladders!

-Science:

• Remade science instruments!
  • New scanning equipment!
  • New Science lab with glowing lights!
  • New long antenna that can function as landing legs. LANDING LEGS!

Downloads:

Download VSR

Original Models < Including the never-before-seen wheels and several engines!

Original Textures

Broken Unity setup is coming soon... 0.6mb upload speed FTW.

License: CC-BY 4.0 International

This mod uses and distributes Module Manager in its original form. Credits go to Sarbian and Ialdabaoth.

Thanks to NathanKell, this mod no longer overwrites the stock files. Meaning that mods like SXT won't have problems when being used with the Stock Part Revamp.

Suggestions on what to do next? Or find any bugs that I missed? Comment below.

Hey! You wanna say that I'm awesome? Wanna make sure that I have caffeine money? Yes!? Then here it is:

btn_donate_SM.gif

Edited by Ven
Changed for 1.9.6

Very nice! I especially like your revamp of the Lander Can.

For suggestions I'd like to see your take on the MK1-2 Command Pod, I've always thought the stock textures were a bit too dirty looking. Also the inline Clamp-o-tron would be good, since it doesn't blend well with other parts.

Edited by KingBabar

This looks pretty good! The only suggestion I have so far is to flip the radial engine body around so that the intake is on the other side. As it currently stands, radially attaching a radial engine body embeds the intake in the part you attach it to. Also, the delta wing model seems shifted back a bit more than the stock one; it's shifted by about the length of the tip chord, which isn't much, but it does mess up existing planes.

These look so awesome! Grabbing; trying; also probably oohing an aahing. :D

Quick note though: I edited your OP to add mention of the license you chose (required by the rules); apologies, and feel free to re-edit, just didn't want the chance of this being taken down despite you including the license on Curse and in the file (props for remembering that!).

These look so awesome! Grabbing; trying; also probably oohing an aahing. :D

Quick note though: I edited your OP to add mention of the license you chose (required by the rules); apologies, and feel free to re-edit, just didn't want the chance of this being taken down despite you including the license on Curse and in the file (props for remembering that!).

Oh! Thanks for adding that!

This looks pretty good! The only suggestion I have so far is to flip the radial engine body around so that the intake is on the other side. As it currently stands, radially attaching a radial engine body embeds the intake in the part you attach it to. Also, the delta wing model seems shifted back a bit more than the stock one; it's shifted by about the length of the tip chord, which isn't much, but it does mess up existing planes.

Ah yes, the delta wing comes back to bite, I'll resize it to the original Tommorrow along with rotating the intake. For now I'm too sleepy. If I may ask, what do you think of the NCS Adapter? Yay, nay, or meh?

Very nice! I especially like you're revamp of the Lander Can.

For suggestions I'd like to see your take on the MK1-2 Command Pod, I've always thought the stock textures were a bit too dirty looking. Also the inline Clamp-o-tron would be good, since it doesn't blend well with other parts.

The mk1-2... I might just do that. Speaking of docking ports, I was thinking of adding lights around them to help locate them at night (could also help distinguish which side of the Sr. port to use)

As for the Inline clamp-o-tron... I don't want to re texture it unless I remake the whole model, and animations never seem to import right for me (IE: if I'm making a cargo bay with two doors, it works fine in blender, but in Unity, one door starts at 180 degrees and goes to 90 instead of 90 to 0.)

I forgot to post some of my Unity project files... More to do tomorrow I guess.:wink:

Stock KSP x86 (on Windows 8.1) in VAB without any mods fith force-opengl argument equel to 782 Mb.

The same conditions plus the mod equel to 814 Mb in VAB. Pure vell!!!

A have a couple of suggestions for author and the community, hope you support me dudes)))

1. Look at this peace of squads shame - Mk3, needs whole retexture

2. Look at the textures where attachment points of some parte located: MK1 - atachment point side, Mk2 both sides, some fuel tanks, Ram Air Intake (whole retexture), clampotron - both sides... i guess could be better if you will use texture from retextured fuel tank (used also in some other parts).... So a lot of work else must be done i guess. I hope with years squad get the parts texture as Spaceplane+ quality!

Awesome job, Ven! I hope Squad monitor this thread - your parts are definitely deserve to be stock.

1. Look at this peace of squads shame - Mk3, needs whole retexture

2. Look at the textures where attachment points of some parte located: MK1 - atachment point side, Mk2 both sides, some fuel tanks, Ram Air Intake (whole retexture), clampotron - both sides... i guess could be better if you will use texture from retextured fuel tank (used also in some other parts).... So a lot of work else must be done i guess. I hope with years squad get the parts texture as Spaceplane+ quality!

I don't think it's worth his time to revamp Mk2 and Mk3 parts, since they already being replaced by Squad.

Just re-uploaded the file, updated the inline intake and moved the delta wing around a bit, Its not perfect but its hopefully better.

meanwhile, here's a few Wip parts that are waiting to get finished:

JXFVeWF.gif?1

Just the Inline Docking ports model and animation for now (still need to work on the door wobble at the end)

qnuLX5I.png?1

Not much to say here, but the frontal window ports are rounder now. (Also modeled a heat shield to the bottom)

nzGzfKH.png?1

Glowing dials anyone? added a lens as well, but couldn't use any reflective shaders, that in my opinion would looked awesome.

BmCfn9M.png

Science Lab IVA. Still needs a bit of work.

Edited by Ven

Love the new docking port! And the IVA stuff too.

Uh, can the heat shield be removable? It works much better, generally, when the heat shield is a separate part; then it can have its own mass, its own specific heat or shielding ability (DRE), and when you don't need it you don't have to add it.

Ok, so I gave this a go and I must say - it is awesome. Those are very good looking replacements.

I have played with them for a bit and I have some feedback for you.

1. After downloading re-uploaded file inline intakes are both still clipping with part that they are radially attached to.

2. You can make circular intake even more awesome by making it animated like circular intake in Lack SXT pack :)

3. Mk55 Radial Engine attach node could be moved little higher because for now the engine "arm" is not aligned with it. Also the exhaust FX is to high and is clipping with the engine (maybe moving entire model up would solve this?)

Here are the screenshots of what I mean

RiyuDOY.jpg55vY58c.jpg

And about your WIP screenshots - I can wait for the Lab's IVA! It is brilliant! :D

This entire project is a really good job!

I agree with NathanKell, could the heat shield be removable? Apart from DRE, separate heat shield solves problem for people using Sumghai's SDHI and it would be totaly cool if you would create heat shield that will be compatibile with that pack.

Just re-uploaded the file, updated the inline intake and moved the delta wing around a bit, Its not perfect but its hopefully better.

http://i.imgur.com/JXFVeWF.gif?1

Just the Inline Docking ports model and animation for now (still need to work on the door wobble at the end)

http://i.imgur.com/qnuLX5I.png?1

Not much to say here, but the frontal window ports are rounder now. (Also modeled a heat shield to the bottom)

http://i.imgur.com/nzGzfKH.png?1

Glowing dials anyone? added a lens as well, but couldn't use any reflective shaders, that in my opinion would looked awesome.

http://i.imgur.com/BmCfn9M.png

I love the new science IVA.

Insta-reputation for you, Ven! I wouldn't be at all surprised if we saw some of your stuff in 0.26. :D

Straight into my GameData folder with you! :cool:

Edit: Oh. My. Freaking. Yes.

Y3QfwmC.png

Stock stuff without this mod looks like crap.

Edited by OrbitusII

You're going to be hired by SQUAD in 3.. 2.. 1..

and zero! But seriously, this needs to go into either 0.25 or 0.26. Squad hasn't touched many parts for tons of versions, and they simply don't compare to the new high quality parts they've recently added like the RAPIER engine and such. I think the wings are the best part - now they fit together seemlessly together and are the same width, which is a no brainer (stock should be that way).

http://i.imgur.com/JXFVeWF.gif?1

http://i.imgur.com/qnuLX5I.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/nzGzfKH.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/BmCfn9M.png

Just wow, sir! Instant place in my 'keep one eye on' folder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.