[1.4.0] GCMonitor 1.4.8.0 - A graphic Memory monitor (Marsh 9th 2018)

sarbian

3 hours ago, Svm420 said:

@sarbian

This is only partially working for me. KSP 1.2.2 Windows 7 64 bit. Fresh install no other mods, but GCMonitor 1.4.7. The graph is broken for me and makes the config button unresponsive. It appears all white and causes errors in the log. Logs. More info available at request. Thanks!

Strange, it complains about KSPUtils. What did I fail to package properly....

• 2 weeks later...
On 5.2.2017 at 9:18 PM, sarbian said:

Sorry I was busy with life and stuff...
This should fix it. Strange that no one else complained...
GCMonitor-1.4.7.1.zip

Could you maybe update the .version file in the release zip, that CKAN picks up the update?
And maybe here, too, that the AVC system is working.
If you want.
Thx for the mod! o/ :)

Edited by Jebs_SY

On 6/22/2016 at 9:31 AM, sarbian said:

Try with your other mouse button :)

What did you mean by this? I tried clicking with every mouse button I have everywhere on the mod and didn't notice any difference. Hope it is just me being dumb. Could you provide clarity and not be quite so cryptic. :P 

11 minutes ago, Svm420 said:

What did you mean by this? I tried clicking with every mouse button I have everywhere on the mod and didn't notice any difference. Hope it is just me being dumb. Could you provide clarity and not be quite so cryptic. :P 

It should move faster when you right click. If it does not then I broke something again...

1 hour ago, Jebs_SY said:

Could you maybe update the .version file in the release zip, that CKAN picks up the update?
And maybe here, too, that the AVC system is working.
If you want.
Thx for the mod! o/ :)

Grmbl...

Freaking script not working properly....

Done

@sarbian

Alright, I tried it again and it only seems to work if I click both left and right button at the same time and only intermittently. Perhaps Mod+ left click instead, or I would love :D a manual entry field as it is still 180 click at 10px/click to go from the left to right side of a 1080P screen. God help those using 1440P or 4K :confused: . Thanks for the fixes and continued support! :) 

Another idea click and drag to place the FPS and memory readout, or a button to reload the .cfg if I make changes without having to reload the game. That would be as good as a manual entry field for most. Just some alternative ideas.

Edited by Svm420

12 minutes ago, Svm420 said:

@sarbian

Alright, I tried it again and it only seems to work if I click both left and right button at the same time and only intermittently. Perhaps Mod+ left click instead, or I would love :D a manual entry field as it is still 180 click at 10px/click to go from the left to right side of a 1080P screen. God help those using 1440P or 4K :confused: . Thanks for the fixes and continued support! :) 

Another idea click and drag to place the FPS and memory readout, or a button to reload the .cfg if I make changes without having to reload the game. That would be as good as a manual entry field for most. Just some alternative ideas.

Well, I've just edited the CFG cause of that. Maybe add a +10 / +100 pixels button as change with the lowest amount of work. :)

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2017 at 1:50 AM, helcustom said:

So I'm playing on a widescreen and the numbers for FPS and RAM are outside of the screen. Is there anyway to fix this?

In the GCMonitor\PluginData\GCMonitor directory you have a config file. fpsXEditor & fpsYEditor are the counter positions

• 2 months later...

Technical Question about this MOD, so I know that I am using it correctly.  My system has 16 GB of RAM, using the GC Monitor, when I load to the space centre i see I am using 8.5 GB memory RSS and 10.6 VSZ,

Which one of these figures should I be monitoring to prevent it crashing expectantly?

Cheers

13 minutes ago, WhitestWizard said:

Technical Question about this MOD, so I know that I am using it correctly.  My system has 16 GB of RAM, using the GC Monitor, when I load to the space centre i see I am using 8.5 GB memory RSS and 10.6 VSZ,

Which one of these figures should I be monitoring to prevent it crashing expectantly?

Cheers

RSS is the resident memory and is the one your should worry about when playing in 64bit. VSZ is useful for those playing in 32bit

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

I am trying GCMonitor with KSP 1.3.0 and having issues with the HUD text only being squares instead of letters. Am I the only one with this problem? :) o/

Yeah same problem. But GC is currently as compatible with 1.2.1 not 1.3.

But I too would like to note that I miss this mod as well. Thanks @sarbian for all your hard work we all really appreciate it!

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, sarbian said:

No idea. I did not look into the memory use of 1.3. 

But mine never did much beside showing the use. Were you think of @Padishar MemGraph ?

Nope.  I looked at both the FPS and the top memory number.  If it got out of hand, I knew it was time for a reboot.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, KerbMav said:

Can you explain without to much big words where the difference between the two mods is? :)

Both drawn pretty graph of the memory use. GCM displays overlay with the FPS and memory usage. MemGraph has a feature to preallocate a lot of memory to lower the amount of micro freeze in KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.