[1.4.0] GCMonitor 1.4.8.0 - A graphic Memory monitor (Marsh 9th 2018)

sarbian

Sarbian,

I was looking at the log file, and saw the following error. I am running gcmonitor 12.1

[LOG 23:39:47.290] Load(Assembly): GCMonitor/GCMonitor
[LOG 23:39:47.290] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at D:\KerbalInstalls\1.0 We Have Liftoff\test\KSP_all\GameData\GCMonitor\GCMonitor.dll
[LOG 23:39:47.292] Load(Assembly): GCMonitor/getRSS_x86
[LOG 23:39:47.292] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at D:\KerbalInstalls\1.0 We Have Liftoff\test\KSP_all\GameData\GCMonitor\getRSS_x86.dll
[ERR 23:39:47.294] Failed to load assembly D:\KerbalInstalls\1.0 We Have Liftoff\test\KSP_all\GameData\GCMonitor\getRSS_x86.dll:
System.BadImageFormatException: Format of the executable (.exe) or library (.dll) is invalid.
at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadOptionalHeaders (System.UInt16& subsystem, System.UInt16& dll_characteristics) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadImage () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadImageFrom (System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.IO.Stream stream, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.String fileName, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Let me know if you need anything else.

I am not running RSS, so can I assume that I can just delete the file without any issue?

Thanks

That error is "normal". KSP tries to load the native lib for windows as a .NET lib and it fails. Nothing I can do about it.

And RSS = Resident Set Size.

If you run on linux or OSX you can delete it.

Hi there, part of me feels like this is going to be a silly question, but does this mod have any issues with KSP linux? i recently switched over as i was told it was more stable. In game the FPS counter works but the memory usage counter shows as 0, but when i open the memory usage graph window, it shows KSP using only around 500mb of RAM, where as the system monitor says 4.2GB which seems more likely given i have 70 odd mods installed. Mod was installed using CKAN.

That error is "normal". KSP tries to load the native lib for windows as a .NET lib and it fails. Nothing I can do about it.

And RSS = Resident Set Size.

If you run on linux or OSX you can delete it.

Ok, thanks.

I assume it is for RSS, since I don't run RSS, can I just delete it?

Hi there, part of me feels like this is going to be a silly question, but does this mod have any issues with KSP linux? i recently switched over as i was told it was more stable. In game the FPS counter works but the memory usage counter shows as 0, but when i open the memory usage graph window, it shows KSP using only around 500mb of RAM, where as the system monitor says 4.2GB which seems more likely given i have 70 odd mods installed. Mod was installed using CKAN.

If it show a 0 for the memory then you need to post a log since it means the native lib did not load properly.

As for the graph if it showed 500 then you were in the wrong mode and were looking at the mono heap size. You need to check the "KSP process" box. But since you have 0 in the counter then you ll get a pretty boring graph.

linuxgurugamer :

No, it has nothing to do with the mod called RSS. Don't delete it if you run windows.

If it show a 0 for the memory then you need to post a log since it means the native lib did not load properly.

As for the graph if it showed 500 then you were in the wrong mode and were looking at the mono heap size. You need to check the "KSP process" box. But since you have 0 in the counter then you ll get a pretty boring graph.

linuxgurugamer :

No, it has nothing to do with the mod called RSS. Don't delete it if you run windows.

thanks for the assist, which log is it? i dont see a GCM made log so is it a standard KSP generated log? i already have KSP process checked, and the graph is empty, when unchecked i get a decent graph but still under 700mb is that the mono heap size?

thanks

Having looked at my Player_log i suspect there might be something up with my mono installation?

The relevant part is

[GCMonitor] Setting up getRSS delegates

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Fallback handler could not load library /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/GameData/GCMonitor/getRSS_x64.so
Fallback handler could not load library /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/./GameData/GCMonitor/getRSS_x64.so
Fallback handler could not load library /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/GameData/GCMonitor/getRSS_x64.so
Fallback handler could not load library /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/libGameData/GCMonitor/getRSS_x64.so
Fallback handler could not load library /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/./libGameData/GCMonitor/getRSS_x64.so
Fallback handler could not load library /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/libGameData/GCMonitor/getRSS_x64.so
Fallback handler could not load library /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/./GameData/GCMonitor/getRSS_x64.so
Fallback handler could not load library /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/./libGameData/GCMonitor/getRSS_x64.so
[GCMonitor] Unable to find getRSS implementation
System.DllNotFoundException: GameData/GCMonitor/getRSS_x64.so
at (wrapper managed-to-native) GCMonitor.GCMonitor:getCurrentRSS_Linux_x64 ()
at GCMonitor.GCMonitor.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It can't load the lib I use to get the info.

Just to be sure the "/home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/GameData/GCMonitor/getRSS_x64.so" is here right ?

If its here then it s a problem with the lib for your linux... Any other linux users around ?

brusura : oops :) Fixed for the next version

What version of Linux are you running?

Is it fully updated?

Assuming the directory is what is listed, what is the output of the following commands:

ls -l [COLOR=#333333]/home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/GameData/GCMonitor/getRSS_x64.so
[/COLOR]ls -ld [COLOR=#333333]/home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/GameData/GCMonitor
[/COLOR]ls -ld [COLOR=#333333]/home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/GameData
[/COLOR]ls -ld [COLOR=#333333]/home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64
[/COLOR]ls -ld [COLOR=#333333]/home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/KSP_Data/Mono
[/COLOR]ls -ld [COLOR=#333333]/home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/KSP_Data
[/COLOR]ls -ld [COLOR=#333333]/home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program[/COLOR]

The relevant part is

[GCMonitor] Setting up getRSS delegates

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[GCMonitor] Unable to find getRSS implementation
System.DllNotFoundException: GameData/GCMonitor/getRSS_x64.so
at (wrapper managed-to-native) GCMonitor.GCMonitor:getCurrentRSS_Linux_x64 ()
at GCMonitor.GCMonitor.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It can't load the lib I use to get the info.

Just to be sure the "/home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/GameData/GCMonitor/getRSS_x64.so" is here right ?

If its here then it s a problem with the lib for your linux... Any other linux users around ?

brusura : oops :) Fixed for the next version

What version of Linux are you running?

Is it fully updated?

Assuming the directory is what is listed, what is the output of the following commands:

ls -l [COLOR=#333333]/home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/GameData/GCMonitor/getRSS_x64.so
[/COLOR]ls -ld [COLOR=#333333]/home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/GameData/GCMonitor
[/COLOR]ls -ld [COLOR=#333333]/home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/GameData
[/COLOR]ls -ld [COLOR=#333333]/home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64
[/COLOR]ls -ld [COLOR=#333333]/home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/KSP_Data/Mono
[/COLOR]ls -ld [COLOR=#333333]/home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/KSP_Data
[/COLOR]ls -ld [COLOR=#333333]/home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program[/COLOR]

george@Sovereignty:~$ ls -l /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/GameData/GCMonitor/getRSS_x64.so
ls: cannot access /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/GameData/GCMonitor/getRSS_x64.so: No such file or directory
george@Sovereignty:~$ ls -ld /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/GameData/GCMonitor
ls: cannot access /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/GameData/GCMonitor: No such file or directory
george@Sovereignty:~$ ls -ld /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/GameData
ls: cannot access /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/GameData: No such file or directory
george@Sovereignty:~$ ls -ld /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/GameData
ls: cannot access /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/GameData: No such file or directory
george@Sovereignty:~$ ls -ld /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64
drwxrwxr-x 2 george george 4096 May 31 17:34 /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64
george@Sovereignty:~$ ls -ld /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/KSP_Data/Mono/
drwxrwxr-x 5 george george 4096 May 31 17:34 /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/
george@Sovereignty:~$ ls -ld /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/KSP_Data/
drwxrwxr-x 6 george george 4096 May 31 17:35 /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/
george@Sovereignty:~$ ls -ld /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/
drwxrwxr-x 16 george george 4096 Jun 1 15:46 /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/
george@Sovereignty:~$ ls -ld /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program
drwxrwxr-x 16 george george 4096 Jun 1 15:46 /home/george/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program
george@Sovereignty:~$

inside mono/x86_64 is a file called libmono.so and nothing else.

its ubuntu 15.04

Edited by Phantasmogasm

ok, most likely some side effect of the compilation

I don't know how familiar you are with Linux so I ll list the step but won't hold your hand :

- install the compiler ( sudo apt-get install build-essential )

- in the GCMonitor install you have a small zip getRSS_src.zip. unzip it somewhere

- go in that directory and type 'Make'

- you ll end up with a .so file. Move it and rename it to replace the getRSS_x64.so in GCMonitor dir

And tell me if it worked. Maybe I should build it as a static lib ...

Edited by sarbian

Curious, I was going to have a play/recompile myself, but all is sweetness and light here. Debian 8.0 / x86_64.

One thing I do notice, however, is that getRSS_x64.so appears to be dynamically linked, while getRSS_x86.dll isn't even an ELF binary... there is no getRSS_x86.so in the (GCMonitor-1.2.4.0.zip) archive. I take it you're assuming anyone on Linux is using x64? :P

Phantasmogasm, what does 'ldd -v getRSS_x64.so' say? Are all the linked libs (and versions) present and correct?

Nevermind, it's a path issue, not a linker issue. More coffee required.

Cheers for this handy tool Sarbian, It's been real useful :)

Edited by steve_v

IIRC, that particular kerfuffle was put to bed a while back (but I'm no Debian dev ;)) I've certainly got garden variety GNU libc6 installed here.

In fact, AFAIK eglibc is a dead duck since 2.19.

To quote:

"There is now an EGLIBC branch based on GLIBC 2.19. For changes in GLIBC 2.19 please see this file.

This is the final release branch of EGLIBC; users and developers should now move back to GLIBC and develop it as needed in accordance with the goals of EGLIBC. Details of EGLIBC changes not yet merged to GLIBC are available."

Older distro releases may indeed still have eglibc though.

Ed: Yup, Wheezy is still running eglibc.

Edited by steve_v

ldd should pick that up.

I doubt it's a libc issue anyway, your binary needs 2.2.5, same as KSP itself and glibc/eglibc should be binary compatible.

I'm more inclined to wonder why it's looking for the lib in KSP_Data, not GameData/GCmonitor.

We are starting KSP from the KSP directory, not some 'desktop shortcut', right? Weird things have been known to happen otherwise...

Ed: yeah, that's probably it. Mono seems to set some funny paths if your cwd isn't the KSP base dir. I'm reproducing the same if I start KSP from anywhere else.

@Phantasmogasm: Try starting KSP from the KSP directory, or set the 'working directory' on whatever shortcut you use to the same.

Bloody desktop GUIs and 'shortcuts' grumble grumble.

Edited by steve_v

Cursory (it's 23:30 here) reading of those simple rules reveals references only to system library paths, i.e contents of LD_LIBRARY_PATH or the system linker cache. While you could put your native lib in eg. /usr/lib/ and mono would probably find it, I'm not sure that's such a good idea...

Since it loads fine here when cwd = KSP basedir (and fails as described otherwise), something must be adding the current directory to monos library search path. But I'm not familiar with mono or .NET. Or managed code in general for that matter ;)

And yeah, that looks rather elegant :)

Edited by steve_v

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sarbian

Any change you got the 64bit dll somewhere?? *I have no clue how to make it my self*

Playing around with the unofficial 64bit http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117224-Windows-64-bit-community-workaround and would be nice/fun to see who far I can push it without crash,

I do Alt-Tab out to check the Task-manager, but be nice to be able to see it in-game.

And if not, that's ok, just had to ask :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.