Decouplers not decoupling correctly! Help!

I've had a problem with KSP for some time since 2.42 sometimes (mostly at random) decouplers wont work! They will decouple from my space craft but the decoupler stays on the engine and I can't use it. Also the decoupler isn't upside down so I have no idea whats causing this if you can help that would be great thanks! :D

Here's some screen shots of the problem:

4Q4CAmW.png

tedd9P5.png

If this is all stock, can you upload the save file? (persistence.sfs or quicksave.sfs).

I've been seeing this every once in a while too. Although I haven't figured out the cause yet.

Welcome to the forums! :D

~Claw

Yeah, I have that happen occasionally too, as if you're attaching to the bottom decoupler node, rather than the top. Though in my experience that's not what happens, it's just what the behavior is like. End up just reverting to the VAB, reconnecting the decoupler, and it's fine. Don't think I've had it happen outside of that 1.25m one.

Those flying strut nubs next to the decoupler suggest there's something wrong with the ship structure.

When designing a rocket, if you place something in symmetry on a part, then make sure you don't try to place that part in symmetry again. While it can be used to achieve some cool effects like 5-fold symmetry, it's also known to cause problems like that a part appearing to be attached to something is in fact attached to something else.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.