[0.90]Asmi's ECLSS Mod - REVIVED! (Version 1.0.19)

Shasol

The future of ECLSS.  

41 members have voted

1. 1. The future of ECLSS.

• Add more to ECLSS, Foodstuff, water and wast management.
    • More advanced options and features; greenhouses, CO2 scrubbers etc.

2f3MOIp.jpg

The thing about the rescue Kerbal contract and the reason your Kerbal die's

Mod updated to 1.0.19

Se change log for info

New 1.0.5 Compatible Dev build is avalible here

It is with great pleasure that i can finely give you all a fix release for Asmi's ECLSS Mod :D

If you run into any problems please report them on the issue tracker here or in the Dev thread

Link to original Post: Here

The Old feature list from the original post.

Features:

- From now on each crewmember consumes oxygen and produce carbon dioxide, once they are outside breathable atmosphere (14km for Kerbin).

- Crew can not live without oxygen outside of breatheable atmosphere, and as such, they will die a horrible death if you won't supply them with sufficient supply of oxygen.

- Just in case worse comes to worst, crew can use O2 candles as emergency source of oxygen. But they won't last long, and they are HEAVY, so don't rely on them. Each capsule contains few of them.

- Contain oxygen regenerator, which could be used to reprocess some of CO2 back into oxygen. Consumes a considerable amount of electricity, so be prepared to supply it.

- From now on, when kerbal goes onto EVA, he takes RCS and oxygen from vessel's tanks. Upon return, any excess resources are returned to vessel tanks. Be careful - if there is no RCS onboard, kerbal might not be able to return to the vessel!!!

- If you'll forget about that, system will notify you once oxygen level lowers below caution or warning thresholds. These thresholds could be modified on per-vessel basis, by default they are 25% and 5% of onboard capacity.

- GUI added to just about any screen, which displays current O2/CO2 levels. In the Map and Tracking Station views, you can view that information for any vessel without having to switch to it. There is also summary screen which list all your vessels and essential ECLSS-related information about them.

- Package includes configuration file for ModuleManager that adds life support-related resources.

- Package also includes tanks for both oxygen and CO2, and regenerator, courtesy of awesome BobCat.

- and the KILLER FEATURE: ALL OF THAT is happening AT ALL TIMES, FOR ALL VESSELS, INCLUDING INACTIVE, even when you are at the Space Center, or Tracking Station.

Main download is at KerbalStuff

Installation instructions are as usual - unpack contents into your KSP root folder. License is included in installation package.

Source code and Dev builds are available at Bitbucket

All models are made by Bobcat. All credit goes to him.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR

IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,

FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE

AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER

LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,

OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN

THE SOFTWARE.

Change Log:

Version 1.0.19:
EVA Kraken fixed and other minor changes

Version 1.0.18:
KSP 0.25 compatibility update and added missing resource definition.

Version 1.0.17:
Added CRP Compliance.

Version 1.0.16HF1:
RCS bug fixed.

Version 1.0.16:
Minor fixes and recompile to KSP V. 0.24.2

Version 1.0.15:
Asmi's original version.

Additional downloads and/or modifications for Asmi's ECLSS mod:

Instructions:

The zip file contains 3 files. The first is the Lifesupport.cfg just let this overwrite the lifesupport.cfg that comes with ECLSS.

2nd and 3rd file is the balance files, for 1 and 3 day's life support in the capsules respectively, choose only one of the files.

after that you are good to go.

Download Link

Parts included:

Stock: crewCabin, mk2CrewCabin, mk2Cockpit_Inline, mk2Cockpit_Standard, cupola

HGR: OnionNew, Soy-Juice, Spud, HGR_Leek, Radish

ECLSS for Stockpods

ECLSS for HGR

Edited by Shasol
Dev Build update

In short nothing, but it have been requested several times and I have been given permission by Asmi to maintain and update the mod in his absence.

- - - Updated - - -

This is one of my most awaited revives, thank you for being the awesome person you are! Downloading immediately!

thank you, very much.

thank you for this was waiting for someone to pick this up from the dust :)

btw is the monopropelant bug fixed in this version or is this just a recompile for the 0.24.2? thx again :)

For starters it's just a recompile for 0.24.2, but waiting for the last code files from Asmi, once i get them, i'll start updating the mod to 2.0 according to asmi's vision.

i have not tested it, but in short no. They are to completely different mods. I may in the future make them compatible, but that is not on the table atm.

Well, less incompatible, but rather they are doing the same thing, essentially? Would they fight over the same resource materials, or would there simply be two "O2" and "CO2" resources, etc.?

You would have two seperate lifesupport systems running, so each Kerbal would need o2 and EC for ECLSS and then oxygen/food EC for TAC.

TAC and ECLSS are different visions of the same idea, if you get my meaning, its kindof like the various calculator programs like VOID/MEchJeb and Kerbal Engineer, you only use one of them, even though they do the same thing but slightly differently.

ECLSS is a slightly simpler view on lifesupport to TAC, it only tracks oxygen and electric, wheras TAC has multiple overlapping resources.

You would have two seperate lifesupport systems running, so each Kerbal would need o2 and EC for ECLSS and then oxygen/food EC for TAC.

TAC and ECLSS are different visions of the same idea, if you get my meaning, its kindof like the various calculator programs like VOID/MEchJeb and Kerbal Engineer, you only use one of them, even though they do the same thing but slightly differently.

ECLSS is a slightly simpler view on lifesupport to TAC, it only tracks oxygen and electric, wheras TAC has multiple overlapping resources.

Absolutely correct ;) foodstuff and wast management, might be added soonÂÂâ„¢

Can we see pictures of the models for the parts? I downloaded ELCSS a while back (6 months ago) but I never really used it or looked at the parts. Thanks. :)

i'll see about getting some for you some time to day.

Done pictures added to OP.

Edited by Shasol

Tried it out the hotfix with the craft I had the RCS problem yesterday, seems to be working fine now. Thanks!

Great to hear, that the fix works, also outside my own test environment.

Any plans on adjusting how much Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide the 2.5m containers hold?

The Parts needs some balancing yes. But any discussion on that subject can be had in the dev thread here ;)

For starters it's just a recompile for 0.24.2, but waiting for the last code files from Asmi, once i get them, i'll start updating the mod to 2.0 according to asmi's vision.

Out of curiosity, what is that vision?

And to confirm, is this essentially a "lite" version of TAC so you only have to manage oxygen?

Out of curiosity, what is that vision?

And to confirm, is this essentially a "lite" version of TAC so you only have to manage oxygen?

in ECLSS you only need to manage Oxygen and CO2 and for my personal taste its enough also on a side note Eclss also tracks Resources status even when you are not using your active vessel (if you time warp and a vessel any vessel not just active is running out of Oxygen time warp stops and you can even setup the threshold for that default is 25% i think)

@Shasol

i posted 2 issues on Bitbucket as (Anonymous) because for some weird reason bitbucket wont let me register there will look into it later

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.