KerbalX.com - Craft & Mission Sharing

katateochi

1 hour ago, AuddieD2015 said:

If the server is down, the addon mod breaks and pops a big window up on my screen that I can't close. Is there a way to close it that I am missing?

You may need to manually remove the kerbalx craft mod from your game folder (or appropriate Ckan selection) while service is down and relaunch the game to see if it removed the issue 

i was just about to see if there were any new updates but it’s unreachable atm 

On 1/2/2023 at 5:23 AM, pmborg said:

is back again, the problem of this is that KSP crash when we have the mods installed and when site is down:

9io3cxi.png

Just Incase you have Ckan and have trouble finding your option 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2023 at 8:01 PM, AuddieD2015 said:

If the server is down, the addon mod breaks and pops a big window up on my screen that I can't close. Is there a way to close it that I am missing?

Use your keys. You can navigate the menu and hit enter to load a save, once you do you'll be in game and the widow will be cleared.

Enter the VAB and hit the kebalx button on the toolbar, get into settings and set integration to false.

I really wish the maker of that mod would add a "clear" or "close" button to that window at the very least, or better yet code a graceful handling of that error.

Since they haven't, and the site keeps going down over and over and over, I just removed the mod. In fact, it being down is why I'm here right now... :(

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Nazalassa said:

KerbalX just broke 50,000 crafts! (50,001 as I write this)

They were broken before KX got to them!

I mean.... THEY did it! <points in wildly unspecific direction>

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, pvt.Pile said:

Just wanted to know if posting images of Moloch on pictures of published crafts would be a violation?

If you feel inclined to ask, you seem to already suspect it might be. That should be your answer, really.

Are you going to force the mods to have to research what the hidden meaning behind it is, or have to make hard decisions when complaints come in... or perhaps just avoid something you already suspect might be controversial and save everyone the trouble.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 8:45 PM, TwoCalories said:

I'm trying to change the thumbnail of one of my uploaded vessels, and every time I save the change, it just reverts back to the original! Help would be appreciated.

Had the same issue. It seems like the kind of thing that takes a while to load, so give it a minute or two and see if it changes.

• 3 weeks later...

My OV-10 Bronco replica got flagged as a modded craft, even though I've only used Stock + DLC parts; I've never downloaded SSTO Project in my life.

When I looked at the parts list for the Bronco, I noticed that my "rotor.02s" - the small electric rotor - was marked as the modded part. However, my Kettering Bug replica which also has that same motor was not flagged as modded.

Parts Lists
Ou6U1VD.png pPeEgie.png
OV-10 Bronco parts list (at least up to the modded (highlighted) part) Full Kettering Bug parts list

I asked around what could have caused this problem, and @shibusu mentioned that someone tagged the rotor.02s part as modded by mistake. Is that it?

j8lVJoi.png

Whatever the problem is, can you please fix it? Thank you.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Nazalassa said:

Just wanted to point out the "compatable" in the little download popup

Thank you for pointing this out.  For those wondering, the correct spelling is "compatible".

A "complete" pass searching for spelling and grammatical errors was made through all of KerbalX a couple of years ago.  Katateochi graciously fixed everything reported and it was a real improvement to the site.

It's evident to me now that pop-up dialogs were missed in the conduct of that search.  This was my oversight and I apologize for it.

The likelihood (in my estimation) is that errors of this stature are unlikely to be rectified in the near/medium term, but please do feel welcome to report them.  "I feel your pain."  (Regulatory terminatory quip.)

Edited by Hotel26