katateochi

KerbalX.com - craft sharing site with Auto Mod Detection and Search-By-Mod feature

886 posts in this topic

it Works thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Sorry guys! I was out all day (and with no phone reception) and didn't see the errors coming in.  Site's back up, just had to restart the server. 
erm not sure what happened, definitely not hacked, probably not @Azimech's fault, (at least I don't think it was).  
Boring details are that a variable that has no business being nil somehow ended up being nil, I'm actually slightly mystified as to how that happened, shall investigate and put in preventative measures. 

 

edit

7 hours ago, (-io-) said:

Only the profile page works

The error was in the search system (which drives every page that has a list of craft, mods, parts etc). So most of the key pages! 
Did anyone notice if direct links to specific craft still worked? or was that borked too? I didn't check that, I just panicked and hit the reset button! 

Edited by katateochi
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it works thank you

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, katateochi said:

Site's back up, just had to restart the server. 
erm not sure what happened, definitely not hacked, probably not @Azimech's fault, (at least I don't think it was).  

Mmmmm hmmm...  likely story...

I'm calling it what it is:  RUSSIAN HACKING!

...and @Azimech has obviously been colluding with them on this the whole time!

I'm calling for the appointment of Special Counsel to conduct an independent investigation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been using KerbalX for a while, and there is only one problem. When I am searching for stock craft, if won't show me craft that use FAR or any other non-part mods. If you could add something that automatically puts anything under "Stock" as long as it doesn't use mod parts, that would be great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, IMLL1 said:

I have been using KerbalX for a while, and there is only one problem. When I am searching for stock craft, if won't show me craft that use FAR or any other non-part mods. If you could add something that automatically puts anything under "Stock" as long as it doesn't use mod parts, that would be great!

If you select 'Ferram Aerospace Research' in the mod filter and then switch the mod filter mode to 'will work With selected mods' (using the 3 large buttons towards the bottom of the mod filter section) then that will find craft that just use the mods you have selected, so that will return stock craft that also use FAR.  You could also use the 'use Only selected mods' mode and that will (in this case) give you the same result.  If you select multiple mods, ie FAR and mechjeb2 (for example), then the 'With' mode will find craft that either use both those mods, or just one of them, whereas the 'Only' mode will just return craft that use both.  The default 'Include' mode finds craft that use (include) whichever mod(s) you've selected, but will also use other mods.

The 'With' mode is the most useful when trying to find craft that work with your mod setup.  Think of it as telling KerbalX which mods you have installed and it will then find craft that would work with those mods installed. So they may not use all the selected mods, but they won't use any other mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2017 at 4:38 AM, katateochi said:

If you select 'Ferram Aerospace Research' in the mod filter and then switch the mod filter mode to 'will work With selected mods' (using the 3 large buttons towards the bottom of the mod filter section) then that will find craft that just use the mods you have selected, so that will return stock craft that also use FAR.  You could also use the 'use Only selected mods' mode and that will (in this case) give you the same result.  If you select multiple mods, ie FAR and mechjeb2 (for example), then the 'With' mode will find craft that either use both those mods, or just one of them, whereas the 'Only' mode will just return craft that use both.  The default 'Include' mode finds craft that use (include) whichever mod(s) you've selected, but will also use other mods.

The 'With' mode is the most useful when trying to find craft that work with your mod setup.  Think of it as telling KerbalX which mods you have installed and it will then find craft that would work with those mods installed. So they may not use all the selected mods, but they won't use any other mods.

Sorry, I didn't word that very well. I want a button that will automatically include any craft as stock so long as they do not use mod parts (KerbalPaint, FAR, RO, etc), this way I can just see all the craft that will load in stock KSP.

 

     In case it helps, my reason for wanting this is that I am trying to find as many replicas of real missions as I can. The problem is that I then have to look through the mods and see which do not have parts. And then there are mods such as TweakScale, which doesn't technically add new parts, but won't load its craft in stock.

 

Thanks, IMLL1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the required tech filter work right? I'm seeing a 404 when I try to open it in a new tab, and nothing happens when I left click on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, drhay53 said:

Does the required tech filter work right? I'm seeing a 404 when I try to open it in a new tab, and nothing happens when I left click on it.

There's a known issue with the required tech filter, I'll have it sorted soon. (It never works as an open in new tab link, because its a ajax/javascript driven event, left click should work but currently doesn't)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kerbalish, @drhay53
The required tech filter is now fixed
 (also the load saved searches dialog, which had also been broken by the same change).

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@katateochi thank you for creating and supporting this wonderful tool :)

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now