Esinohio's Blender farm

esinohio

Kerbal is now UV unwrapped well enough to get fun things like body art added or whatever combination of colors you want to paint on him.   Below is the Kerbal tribute to Ziggy Stardust wearing his nice blue suit.

KjM00d5.png

Minor size tweaks brought his head to almost the exact size of his body.  It's very very close now I think.  Still working on a set of custom bone shapes and colors that make sense.  

Link to the Mk2 version with the slight tweaks/UV unwrapping can be found here and in the original post.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's still a heavy WIP but when it's done, would you be interested in taking a look at my new FW 190-A?

Compared with the one you did last year, this is a whole new design, using all that I've learned in the mean time. And it's a stock turboprop, naturally.

1 minute ago, Naito said:

WOW that's gorgeous!! What did you do??

Just a quick render with some photoshop fun thrown in.  Love your design there!!  I flew both the FAR version and the stock version and had a blast. 

Just now, esinohio said:

Just a quick render with some photoshop fun thrown in.  Love your design there!!  I flew both the FAR version and the stock version and had a blast. 

That's awesome! Just those little tweaks made that look so much more impressive than the stock.  Now if only we could get mods that'll make the game look like that.....and hopefully not melt my computer in the process =D  Always glad to hear people like flying these things, glad you're enjoying it!

Mind if I use that as the poster pic for the KerbalX download?

Just now, Naito said:

That's awesome! Just those little tweaks made that look so much more impressive than the stock.  Now if only we could get mods that'll make the game look like that.....and hopefully not melt my computer in the process =D  Always glad to hear people like flying these things, glad you're enjoying it!

Mind if I use that as the poster pic for the KerbalX download?

Don't mind at all, glad you liked it.

Put some more time into another Laythe analog.  Decided against using the game texture and generated one close to the original instead.  Makes it a ton easier to generate all the other masks and maps for the textures.  I think this one is turning out much better than my previous attempts.  The last one had far too much landmass, no ice caps, and no crater/bay areas that you see on the in game Laythe.  Managed to fix those issues in this version.

jetzEUG.png

Yet another Duna prospect I'm tinkering with.  Generated textures and base mesh somewhat close to the game Duna.  Not sure about the colors though, might tinker further with it to see what I can get.

NBN1TRg.png

19 minutes ago, DMSP said:

@esinohio, can you render mods? Is that possible yet?

So far the mod parts seem to import ok.   All I can do is grab the mod and try it with the import script.  Usually the errors are random parts that don't import. After the import we just need to go over the model and see if anything is missing.

I've got a request for my Cobra, if you're up to it. Would it be possible to make a render of one or two Cobras in an attack run, similar to either of these images?

Spoiler

Ah-1cobra_1.jpgfc2761b1120eba7fbd718f2e66f5f383.jpg

If you do the first image, can you have the Cobra be firing a TOW missile or a few rockets in the render?

I need a new desktop background, alright?

Edited by pTrevTrevs

16 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

I've got a request for my Cobra, if you're up to it. Would it be possible to make a render of one or two Cobras in an attack run, similar to either of these images?

Hide contents

Ah-1cobra_1.jpgfc2761b1120eba7fbd718f2e66f5f383.jpg

If you do the first image, can you have the Cobra be firing a TOW missile or a few rockets in the render?

I need a new desktop background, alright?

Hmmm, I think I might be able to get something together.  I'll get on it as soon as soon as I'm finished up with this Moho analog I'm working on is done.

An Eve analog taking shape.  Not sure I'm happy with the clouds.  I'm thinking they need to be squashed somewhat and made a bit more linear maybe?  Not sure.    Suggestions would be welcomed for this one.  

josIUFW.png

Thank you again so much for that great Kinchook render. I'm wondering if you could make an action shot of those delivering cargo to the front lines similar to the cobra render. So much amazing work here as always Esinohio!