[1.1.2] EVA Follower [v1.035, 20 May 2016]

MSD

Hey Fel, if you find the time to return to this. My only issue (it's a small one) The multiple select drag window. Will only work if you click above and left of the selection then drag down and right. Any other orientation and it will not select Kerbals. Besides that. Awesome mod! and it works just fine in 1.0.5

Edited by V8jester

• 2 months later...

I'd just like to let you know, thanks for making this, and I think I found a mod incompatibility, when you use VesselMover to move a craft with command seats, when you exit the seats and click follow me the Kerbal runs off in the direction of where the craft was originally. This may be due to VesselMover not updating the landed property properly, I am not sure, @BahamutoD might have a clue as well.

Here is a video to demonstrate, note this does not happen with pods

• 3 weeks later...
On 6-5-2015 at 3:24 AM, Fel said:

Okay, fixed

Just patching, so I added the female kerbalEVA to the loader, and fixed the bug with the command pods; post any other issues that come up.

Thanks Fel, I've merged your code, but I do not have the correct setup anymore to make a compiled version, but I at least wanted the repository to be up to date. It should be just a git clone and fix the reference and go kind of deal; but sadly I can't check for this at the moment. I don't expect to go back to it anytime soon (average 10 fps w/o mods on this setup); but some times do wish for some free time to do it anyway.

Edit: Well.. kinda, you get an xcopy error, but it build. Let me check some things out.

Edit2: I've commited a couple of updates, I got rid of the selection direction:

On 18-12-2015 at 8:42 PM, V8jester said:

Hey Fel, if you find the time to return to this. My only issue (it's a small one) The multiple select drag window. Will only work if you click above and left of the selection then drag down and right. Any other orientation and it will not select Kerbals. Besides that. Awesome mod! and it works just fine in 1.0.5

It was irritating me too when you mentioned it. I'm not Fel thought but whatever.

On 19-2-2016 at 4:13 AM, selfish_meme said:

I'd just like to let you know, thanks for making this, and I think I found a mod incompatibility, when you use VesselMover to move a craft with command seats, when you exit the seats and click follow me the Kerbal runs off in the direction of where the craft was originally. This may be due to VesselMover not updating the landed property properly, I am not sure, @BahamutoD might have a clue as well.

Here is a video to demonstrate, note this does not happen with pods

Yes, this bug will persist, the locations are world-based, so thats the point it will try to reach (until it gets unloaded by the distance, and than it will just stand there, until you are in reach again, and it will continue to walk. Not to much to do about it...

Small release here: EvaFollower_Release_1032.zip

Edited by MSD

On March 10, 2016 at 0:44 PM, MSD said:

It was irritating me too when you mentioned it. I'm not Fel thought but whatever.

Sorry MSD I'm not sure how I messed that up.

Thanks for the update, looking forward to checking it out when I get home.

KerbalStuff shutting down? Why? I wasnt ready to update the other links... password issues, but sad none the less. I should see also release them on github releases if thats possible.. not looking forward updating the curse one, never liked that one

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, riddik said:

thank for update!now download and testing

If you can, please send your logs! I'm not sure how many exceptions it throws and when.

Edited by MSD

On 25-4-2016 at 8:18 PM, riddik said:

how can I write the log in KSP? need instruction

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Debug_Toolbar

Here you go; The combination on linux doesn't work for me. I still think squad need to make keys configurable, I have a broken alt key and right arrow key (on a laptop b.t.w, so I cant replace it at the moment).

On 2016-04-25 at 0:18 PM, riddik said:

how can I write the log in KSP? need instruction

The logs are also generated as files which you can access after the game exits or crashes.

From here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83213-please-read-before-posting-stock-support-bug-reporting-guide/

If KSP doesn't crash, start KSP and cause the problem. Quit KSP and find the output_log.txt (not the KSP.log) at the location below:

• Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt -OR- KSP_win64\KSP_x64_DATA\output_log.txt (depending on which used)
    - In case you installed KSP into a Windows protected directory (C:\Users, C:\Program Files or C:\Windows\ and their subfolders) the output log file may be stored in the folder called C:\Users\[username]\Appdata, this folder is usually hidden so you should enable the view hidden folders option (more information). Note that for the demo you should find the output_log.txt file located in the KSP_Data folder.
    - Steam users should right click KSP in Steam, click on Properties, then in the Properties box, click Local Files, then Browse Local Files.
  • Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log Aka Files>~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log
  • Linux: The log is written to /home/user/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/Player.log

You can upload these files to any file sharing site (such as Dropbox, Mediafire or File2web). These sites will give you a link you can include in your posts to share your files.

The output and crash logs are useful because they help us understand exactly what you were doing when the issue happened by providing a "play-by-play reenactment" (in text form) of your KSP session. Anything out of the ordinary will often show up in the log files, and it gives us a good idea of where to start looking for solutions.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for pointing out I'm a idiot... But the log shows on my side there are no exceptions being thrown, so hopefully thats the case for the majority of people!

Hi @MSD

when I drag around a window ie kerbal engineer I also draw the rectangular selection, could you avoid draw the selection while draging aroud others UI windows? Or is there some  option in the config file to disable the rectangular selection?

Thanks

Edited by brusura

On 23-5-2016 at 7:14 PM, brusura said:

Hi @MSD

when I drag around a window ie kerbal engineer I also draw the rectangular selection, could you avoid draw the selection while draging aroud others UI windows? Or is there some  option in the config file to disable the rectangular selection?

Thanks

No and no. It should check if there is a window focused. I add it to the list!

Edit: You lucky, I was bored: https://github.com/MarijnStevens/EvaFollower/commit/ce0920893e383482a6345ec3561799d0156a0595

So next release it's gone.

Edited by MSD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KerbalScience said:

if i start page 6 ima get this mod :/

Yeah, I'd like this mod to be much more developed :( MSD must be very busy IRL , I use it a lot for base building with KIS

Edited by brusura

• 2 months later...

Just installed this and it's working great so far. I noticed something a little spotty though, as when following Kerbals try to keep up with the leader they seem to teleport forward on their path? It happens occasionally when I'm just walking and they lag behind a bit, but if the lead Kerbal goes into a run then the follower will still continue the walking animation and shift forward suddenly every other stride. Is this a point for improvement that you've already noted?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.