Major problems with Launchpad and Tracking Station

KSP Version: v0.24.2 Mac OSX

What Happens: I cannot select any vessels from the tracking station in my Career game. The game also becomes unresponsive whenever I try to launch something from the launchpad; the only way to launch is to do it through the VAB. F9 reloads the quicksave as normal, however.

Mods / Add-Ons: Quite a lot, but all were working fine with the game prior to the problem occurring.

- Active Texture Management

- Toolbar

- Dang it

- Deadly Re-entry

- DYJ's Gatling Gun

- Engineer Redux

- Fine Print

- Firespitter

- KAS

- IXS Command Pod

- Talisar's Spherical/Toroidal Fuel Tanks

- HotRockets

- 6S Service Modules

- Procedural Fairings

- Romfarer Lazor System & Missiles

- Mk2 Cockpit Internals

- Smokescreen

- Spaceplane Plus

- Texture Replacer

- TAC Life Support & Self Destruct

- Kerbal Alarm Clock

- ZZZ Flags

Steps to Replicate: No idea. I think it started when I tried to modify the contract descriptions into something more comprehensible, but I undid that and the problem persisted. I reinstalled the game and swapped over my Mods and saved game, but the problem persisted. I am somewhat desperate for answers. Can anybody help?

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v83ngl1rrgf7lgd/Log.pages?dl=0

Log2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/io4ky2b8hlzju8u/Log2.doc?dl=0

Edited by Mitchz95

Yes, but it's not complete. That log ends abruptly while KSP is still loading. Also, versions for those mods would help.

You can reach the full Player.log using Console as the sticky describes, or using Finder:

Go > Go to folder...

Type ~/Library/Logs/Unity

Edited by Master Tao

Well, I'll be darned. The problem seems to be gone.

I think it had something to do with the IXS Command Pod. The problem seems to have begun when I transferred four Kerbals to that pod from a space station, and when I undocked just now I found I can use the Tracking Station and Launchpad like normal. Not sure what's up with that, but I'll take it.

I've uploaded another log. This one is copied-and-pasted into a Pages document, so it should finally work.

Edited by Mitchz95

I've uploaded another log. This one is copied-and-pasted into a Pages document, so it should finally work.

For certain values of "work." :P I'm probably among the very few forum-goers who use Pages, seeing as it's Mac-specific. Once you find the Player.log in Finder, you should be able to copy and paste the file into your Dropbox/Public folder so that it's in a format other people can view. If you have to paste the log text, put it into TextEdit, then choose Format > Make Plain Text and save it in your Dropbox/Public folder.

This section appears to confirm the issue is with a command pod attached to Spacedock 2:

[Tracking Station]: SetVessel(Spacedock 2)

(Filename: /Applications/buildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Spacedock 2

(Filename: /Applications/buildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[InternalSeat].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KnowledgeBase.CreateVesselCrewList (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KnowledgeBase.OnMapFocusChange (.MapObject target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EventData`1[MapObject].Fire (.MapObject data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (.MapObject tgt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SpaceTracking.SetVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean keepFocus) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SpaceTracking+ .MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at KnowledgeBase.UpdateVesselInfoList (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KnowledgeBase.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

The KnowledgeBase NullReferenceException is repeated 400 times.

For certain values of "work." :P I'm probably among the very few forum-goers who use Pages, seeing as it's Mac-specific. Once you find the Player.log in Finder, you should be able to copy and paste the file into your Dropbox/Public folder so that it's in a format other people can view. If you have to paste the log text, put it into TextEdit, then choose Format > Make Plain Text and save it in your Dropbox/Public folder.

Hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the advice.

This section appears to confirm the issue is with a command pod attached to Spacedock 2:

<snip>

The KnowledgeBase NullReferenceException is repeated 400 times.

Thank you for confirming this! I'll mention it on the IXS thread.

Dang it, problem not solved after all. It came back. :(

Posted another log (Log2) in the OP. This one is a Word document. If anyone can figure out specifically what aspect of the ISX Command Pod is causing this, I can pass it on to the mod developer.

Edited by Mitchz95

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.