SSTO/Spaceplane/Airplane Design Contest II: Akademy Awards

Sorry to say I ran out of time. I knew it would happen but I thought I could get all of them flight tested before I got busy... until the FAR vs. NEAR fiasco. That kind of ruined it and now I haven't even played KSP in a month and probably won't be able to until the new year.

Yup.

We don't have enough votes in to declare any winners, and short of stalking and nagging the entrants who haven't shown up for the testing and voting, there's not really anything I can do to keep this moving.

And, as observed, the changes to parts and FAR aerodynamics in .90 are going to render some of these designs obsolete anyway. Should we call this one closed here?

I'd be happy to enter a third iteration of the contest, but I wouldn't complain if someone also took over the job of organising it.

Maybe to wait until January ? There is still lot of mods that were not updated and until then maybe someone still make a test for already presented crafts. However if noone provide any review until then, there is no point to keep this one open. If I have helped other people around to improve their designs, that is already sufficient reward for me, meaning all those rantling on forum is not compleatly futile.

Most of us will chase down updates of favorite mods and update craft designs to match recent changes in parts and aerodynamics. I wold like to participate in another contest for 0.90 planes, but don't know how much time I will have for playing up to end of February (real life issues sucks when comes to gaming). So, I don't know if I have time organize contest, update post as contestants make entry, review, etc.

For different categories, as noname117 mentioned, I think that this one is pretty well organized contest. Unfortunately, there was not enough entry for each category to make each valid.

KAX mod has been updatet for V0.90, so there is chance for more planes in that category too. B9 still need update, confirmation that everything works well, etc.

The good news is that while I wait for procedural wings mod to be updated to KSP 0.90, I have made remake of Sporty MK1 and SpacePlane MK2. Almost all stock parts except landing gears.

I have used adjutable landing gear mod that only bring 2 new parts and firespitter plugin that is already essential for other mods. I will put those along with already presented craft somwhere in craft exchange forum after few more testing, if anyone is interested at all to take a look.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.