Why is this fuel ratio off in this tank?

In the ThunderMaximus 288 tank this is the correct 9:11 ratio but when it runs out of oxidizer there's still 199 units of fuel left. Math in the game just a tad off when amounts get this large?

RESOURCE

{

name = LiquidFuel

amount = 28800

maxAmount = 28800

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Oxidizer

amount = 35200

maxAmount = 35200

}

28800*11/9

put this (L.Fuel) into a calculator and you will get (Oxidizer) amount needed

It's 35200

Just did a launchpad test with four kerbodynes, a mainsail and four LV30's to drain the tank quickly and they ran out together. Might be some other tank somewhere on the ship with a bit too much fuel. The engines are all various stock ones. Oh well, 'tis only a tiny discrepancy in what was left in the last tanker after topping off my Eve ship the last time at 750KM. I'd done plenty of transferring but no dumping. (Yes, finally, testing and development is complete and I launched my Eve mission last night in the "real" save!)

I'm wondering if I didn't increase the capacity enough on the ThunderMaximus tanks. I first scaled up the adapter so the top was ThunderMax size, then expanded the tanks to match the bottom diameter.

Next I calculated the % of circular area increase and increased the fuel that %. Since I was making the Maximus tanks 2x the length of the Max ones, I finished by doubling the value obtained from the first increase.

Edited by Galane

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.