Mod Development Links Compilation - Some links do not work / Formatting broken

CaptainKipard

MBMUtilities is a collection of stand alone apps that converts MBM to PNG or TGA; as well as TGA or PNG back to MBM. I think it works by drag/drop MBM onto the appropriate EXE file in windows explorer.

MBMtoPNG is a Unity script that converts MBM to PNG. Processes individual images, or a folder location (including sub folders). To convert back to MBM you'll have to use MBMUtilities or PartTools

for small volume texture editing MBMUtilities will suffice. But for part creation I think MBMtoPNG is more useful. certainly doesn't hurt to have both.

Can the Unity parts pack load .mu's? Or is this still contraband? I saw a post saying it was two years ago.

EDIT: NVM don't sweat it. I'll worry about models some other time. Thanks for the help all you all I've been editing a new texture for the Mk2LanderCan thanks to the work done here. :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I've added to the OP a very old (but still useful) tidbit on KSP vs. Blender coordinate systems originally posted by orson / MKSheppard; in essence, Blender uses Z+/Z- for up/down, but Unity uses Y+ and Y- instead.

This info is mainly useful for people trying to import Blender models into Unity for the first time, but also a good visual explanation of how to fix the borked stack nodes in their add-on parts for KSP 1.0 (Answer: change the angy value to 1.0 for top stack nodes, and -1.0 for bottom stack nodes)

That's good... The colours are wrong so I know it's going to confuse some people, but it supplements the VAB/SPH/Unity orientations pic at least. A small post showing a model in all of these coordinate systems as well as Max, Maya 3DWings, and whatever else would be best.

That's good... The colours are wrong so I know it's going to confuse some people, but it supplements the VAB/SPH/Unity orientations pic at least. A small post showing a model in all of these coordinate systems as well as Max, Maya 3DWings, and whatever else would be best.

Max and Blender are Z-Up; Maya and Wings3D are Y-Up. C4D and Modo are user selectable I believe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.