CaptainKipard

Mod Development Links Compilation - Some links do not work / Formatting broken

151 posts in this topic

MBMUtilities is a collection of stand alone apps that converts MBM to PNG or TGA; as well as TGA or PNG back to MBM. I think it works by drag/drop MBM onto the appropriate EXE file in windows explorer.

MBMtoPNG is a Unity script that converts MBM to PNG. Processes individual images, or a folder location (including sub folders). To convert back to MBM you'll have to use MBMUtilities or PartTools

for small volume texture editing MBMUtilities will suffice. But for part creation I think MBMtoPNG is more useful. certainly doesn't hurt to have both.

Can the Unity parts pack load .mu's? Or is this still contraband? I saw a post saying it was two years ago.

EDIT: NVM don't sweat it. I'll worry about models some other time. Thanks for the help all you all I've been editing a new texture for the Mk2LanderCan thanks to the work done here. :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I've added to the OP a very old (but still useful) tidbit on KSP vs. Blender coordinate systems originally posted by orson / MKSheppard; in essence, Blender uses Z+/Z- for up/down, but Unity uses Y+ and Y- instead.

This info is mainly useful for people trying to import Blender models into Unity for the first time, but also a good visual explanation of how to fix the borked stack nodes in their add-on parts for KSP 1.0 (Answer: change the angy value to 1.0 for top stack nodes, and -1.0 for bottom stack nodes)

That's good... The colours are wrong so I know it's going to confuse some people, but it supplements the VAB/SPH/Unity orientations pic at least. A small post showing a model in all of these coordinate systems as well as Max, Maya 3DWings, and whatever else would be best.

There's only one way to find out...And that's to make every possible mod under the sun with all the available information contained herein, and I'm not about to do that. Let's try this again.

Can this guide teach me how to mod 1.0 thats all inwant to know before i try and add parts for ksp

Well everyone else is working with the same information so probably.

Ok. Thank you for taking your time putting this link compilation

together

That's good... The colours are wrong so I know it's going to confuse some people, but it supplements the VAB/SPH/Unity orientations pic at least. A small post showing a model in all of these coordinate systems as well as Max, Maya 3DWings, and whatever else would be best.

Max and Blender are Z-Up; Maya and Wings3D are Y-Up. C4D and Modo are user selectable I believe.

1 person likes this

is there a way for engines to show the "launch pad effect"?

I've added video tutorials for making plugins by Cybutek. As always this aspect of the sticky is somewhat lacking, especially for beginners. Please consider adding to it.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

Yes you do need the Unity Part Tools in 1.0.2 just like in every other version.

also I think we can use newer Unity versions as KSP 1.0 to 1.0.2 is on Unity 4.6

No. With 4.6 you won't be able to model emission animation.

also I think we can use newer Unity versions as KSP 1.0 to 1.0.2 is on Unity 4.6
No. With 4.6 you won't be able to model emission animation.

sarbian is correct - you need to use Unity 4.2.2.

Is 1.0(.2) part tools a thing? Or are we still using .23 part tools?

YES.

Still using .23 Part Tools.

YES.

Still using .23 Part Tools.

Allrighty, thanks!