simon56modder

LanguagePatches 2.0 - FR/IT/DE/ES/PL/PT-BR/CZ/RU/ZH

96 posts in this topic

Hi!

You probably don't know me, but I am the person that developed, and that is developing, the LanguagePatches Framework, a framework that allows you to translate the UI of KSP without any coding skills.

Back in 1.0, there was a XML based version of the framework, which was slow and unefficient. When 1.1 was release I started to rewrite it under the MIT license (as opposed to the former LGPL). It now uses KSPs ConfigNode format, and supports some nice things like regular expressions (for translating "Day 1" to "Tag 1" for example). If you want to play around with the framework, you can get it from GitHub: https://github.com/LanguagePatches/LanguagePatches-Framework/releases/tag/v2.0-pre

This is still a prerelease. I think I will do a real release when I am sure no bugs are left.

If you need help with the framework, I encourage you to check out the german translation. It is developed in parallel with the framework, because I am involved in both (and I originally only made it for myself / the german patch). https://github.com/KerbalSpaceProgramDe/KSP-Deutsch-Patch/tree/master/GameData
Please be aware that the german patch is still beta too.
 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Thomas P. How does this relate to the localization effort mentioned by Squad in the last devnotes KSP Weekly:

On 10/21/2016 at 11:42 PM, SQUAD said:

This week, there has been also a lot of work on localizing the game: we’ve been reviewing the overall solution for localization while making sure that we will be able to support mod localization. During this localization process, some of our devs had to learn in depth the insides of the KSPedia to come up with a solution for its localization. We still can’t announce which languages we will include, though, but we would definitely love to hear your opinion.

Whatever they are planning/doing, it appears to include the hooks needed to also allow localization of mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Localization of mods only works if the mods support it. It doesnt matter if the solution is built in, or implemented by an external plugin.

Indeed I think it is easier to use this plugin, because I dont think KSP is going to iterate over all UI elements it finds, and replaces the texts.

So, everything that uses the new Unity UI can be translated using this. Without changes to the mod itself. (IMGUI localization won't work at all though.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Thomas P. !

could you please raplidly explain me how to translat the game (in french actually)?

I would like to translate the game for the French community :) 

So what am I suppose to download, modify and reuplaod to share it ? 

I see you provide some links but I can not download it for the moment, I'm on mobile. Is there a readme.txt inside ? 

Thanks a lot for the work you have done ! :)

Edited by iceolator88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/10/2016 at 10:20 AM, Thomas P. said:

Hi!

You probably don't know me, but I am the person that developed, and that is developing, the LanguagePatches Framework, a framework that allows you to translate the UI of KSP without any coding skills.

Back in 1.0, there was a XML based version of the framework, which was slow and unefficient. When 1.1 was release I started to rewrite it under the MIT license (as opposed to the former LGPL). It now uses KSPs ConfigNode format, and supports some nice things like regular expressions (for translating "Day 1" to "Tag 1" for example). If you want to play around with the framework, you can get it from GitHub: https://github.com/LanguagePatches/LanguagePatches-Framework/releases/tag/v2.0-pre

This is still a prerelease. I think I will do a real release when I am sure no bugs are left.

If you need help with the framework, I encourage you to check out the german translation. It is developed in parallel with the framework, because I am involved in both (and I originally only made it for myself / the german patch). https://github.com/KerbalSpaceProgramDe/KSP-Deutsch-Patch/tree/master/GameData
Please be aware that the german patch is still beta too.
 

Hello,

I've dowloaded the German patch, and I've begin to modify it to change it French (if I may do like this? ), it's works fine! BUT there is constantly mini freezes ingame and another issue is for exemple, when you are in the VAB, you move the mouse cursor over a part to select it, there is a little loading time (approx. 0,2-0,3 sec) to translate the text from English to German or in French... 

So are these issues caused by the beta or WIP? I've try with your release of the german patch ( not modified by myself) and it do the same, mini freeze all along the game session.

Good afternoon :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/10/2016 at 2:37 PM, iceolator88 said:

Hello,

I've dowloaded the German patch, and I've begin to modify it to change it French (if I may do like this? ), it's works fine! BUT there is constantly mini freezes ingame and another issue is for exemple, when you are in the VAB, you move the mouse cursor over a part to select it, there is a little loading time (approx. 0,2-0,3 sec) to translate the text from English to German or in French... 

So are these issues caused by the beta or WIP? I've try with your release of the german patch ( not modified by myself) and it do the same, mini freeze all along the game session.

Good afternoon :wink:

Is the language patch applied during gamedata loading or is loaded when move the cursor on a part or any other thing with a name or a description ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Each time you move the cursor over a part to knows the info or just select it,there is a mini freeze, I can upload a mini video to show you if you want 

Edited by iceolator88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I released the final v2.0 version. I changed the regular expressions, so they are compiled when the game loads, and not every time they are used. This required a small library that contains the Regex classes from the newer .NET Framework, and that was ported back to .NET 3.5 by me. (Thanks Microsoft!).

Another feature I added is an API for mods. Modders who want to allow translation of their plugins can copy the file LanguageAPI.cs into their mods and wrap their strings with LanguageAPI.Translate(<text>). It is context specific, so each mod can have his own set of translations, marked by a "context = <assembly name>" value in the translation node.

https://github.com/LanguagePatches/LanguagePatches-Framework/releases/tag/v2.0

As of its 3.0 release, the german translation uses this version of the framework. It is production ready, apart from some small bugs. If you want to thank me, thank the guys from http://kerbalspaceprogram.de, especially @Allan Sche Sar, too, since the framework and the german patch are developed in parallel and they were effectively the beta testers.

@simon56modder It would be awesome if you could update the OP! :)

Edited by Thomas P.
4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge thanks for the mod API :wink: really nice feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want Turkish language. :(

Edited by mulfucer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

It would be awesome if you could update the OP! :)

Done !

42 minutes ago, mulfucer said:

I want Turkish language. :(

No Turkish speaker has made a patch so far...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, simon56modder said:

Done !

Just two hints: I relicensed the framework to the MIT license, and it it version 2.0, not 3.0.

Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Thomas P. said:

Just two hints: I relicensed the framework to the MIT license, and it it version 2.0, not 3.0.

Thanks :)

Edited :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spanish Patch is currenlty being updated.

French Patch is currenlty being updated.

German Patch is updated

Portuguese patch is updated

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, simon56modder said:

Spanish Patch is currenlty being updated.

French Patch is currenlty being updated.

German Patch is updated

Portuguese patch is updated

If I can help for the French patch,  let me know :wink: 

Edited by iceolator88
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@simon56modder

Simon, Thomas P. and many more ppl involved in this, first of all, thanks for enabling us the opportunity to enhance even more this incredible game. I'm the Portuguese language patch translator, and I'll continue to enhance my patch's compatibility with the game, thanks to you and of course, everyone involved in this project.

Muito obrigado! :)

Edited by Pesterenan
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pesterenan said:

@simon56modder

Simon, Thomas P. and many more ppl involved in this, first of all, thanks for enabling us the opportunity to enhance even more this incredible game. I'm the Portuguese language patch translator, and I'll continue to enhance my patch's compatibility with the game, thanks to you and of course, everyone involved in this project.

Muito obrigado! :)

Tweaked credits ! And thank you for sharing your abilities to the community !

LOOKING FOR FRENCH SPEAKERS READY TO HELP !

PM me if you can !

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, simon56modder said:

Spanish patch is updated by @fitiales

Italian patch is being recreated by @Nansuchao

 

@-DDD- is helping me with the translation, can you please add him to the crew?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a beta version of the Russian translation on the basis of the German framework.
Includes menu, interface, parts, tech tree, strategies, science reports, agents.

If someone wants to test and help with the search for the translation errors and technical errors - write to me.

I still work with fonts, contracts and other translation issues.

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/FsGD/H9SFHYsAb

Spoiler

8571701m.png

8570677m.png

8576821m.png

8564533m.png

8562485m.png

8568629m.png

8547125m.png

 

Edited by Helmut
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

screenshot00.jpg

On 20.11.2016 at 9:33 PM, Helmut said:

This is a beta version of the Russian translation on the basis of the German framework.
Includes menu, interface, parts, tech tree, strategies, science reports, agents.

If someone wants to test and help with the search for the translation errors and technical errors - write to me.

I still work with fonts, contracts and other translation issues.

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/FsGD/H9SFHYsAb

 

Ok - Its My Version FULL RUSSIAN of using  LanguagePatches 2.0 + basis of Spain framework :P

Font for Main Menu is working - Full Album -

KSP121_FULL_RUS-1.0.2.zip

screenshot22.jpgscreenshot03.jpg

Edited by De780

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now